Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@out of control,  This must be Home Coming Week.  You are the second person coming back to our thread.  You are most welcome and any time you want to speak up, please do so.  A very nice group of ladies here.  I believe there are some ladies that were or are in the medical field.  I was a legal assistant and now I am retired.  Do not miss getting up every morning by the alarm clock.  Happy New Year.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Our rainy, snowy weather seems to have moved out of the area.  It is still cold, but not as cold as yesterday.  It was about 25 degrees yesterday morning. I stayed in where it was warm and had a very relaxing day.   I was going to go to Tucson today to Costco, but decided to wait until this weekend.  I have started laundry this morning and have a few things to do around the house today, but all in all it will be a pretty quiet day for me.  DH went back to work today after the holiday.  It's nice to have some "me" time today.  Smiley Happy  I made a ham Sunday and have quite a bit left, so I'll probably freeze most of it today.  I think I will make a meatloaf tonight for dinner.  It sounds like everyone is settling into their normal daily routine after the holidays. 

@MariotaMurielle  Thank you for the pictures of Princess.  I know how you feel about getting another pet after you lose your best friend.  It took me awhile to decide on a new pet after my yellow lab Mysty passed away.  She was 13 1/2 yrs old and my best friend. 

@catwhisperer, @Snardy, @MartieHugs  Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful day and hope that you are doing well.  Miss hearing from you.

I start back to volunteering at the hospital tomorrow.  It seems like it has been forever, but it's only been a couple of weeks since I have volunteered, but I'm glad I took the time off around the holidays.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  It's time to get out of my lounge chair and to get ready for the day. LOL.   More later........

Contributor

Mochahoney, I worked in dialysis for 13 years, left on maternity leave for 5 years and then went into  peds!! I loved both of those specialties, as different as they are!! Good thing your husband has retired now with all of the trouble that our poor police are having now!

Respected Contributor

good morning y'all. after such a stormy day yesterday it's good to see some sunshine this morning. it's supposed to be 75 today, but then it will get cold tomorrow (so they say).

@out of control(do you mind if I call you OOC?) dialysis was my first job right out of nursing school. all together (with a couple of other things in between) I worked in dialysis about 10 years. eventually I went to the nephrology conservative management clinic (pre end-stage patients) where I stayed for the last 24 years of my career until I retired. kidneys get in your blood, so to speak Smiley Happy

DH seems to feel better this morning. he's already out running errands. we may get out later and pick up all those limbs that fell in the yard from the storms yesterday.

have a great day everyone.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

IMG_5683.JPG

Hi all... missing you.

I have a niece going through some "stuff" right now starting to admire CC. Have been posting a few quotes on FB for her.

Resting... 👍🏻Zzzz

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon!--I didn't get up until 8 o'clock this morning, that's really late for me!   DH went to back to work today and it's the first day since December 22 that I've had the day to myself, yeah!  I went to the gym late and had to get back home to make sure I was here when the guy came to clean the couch and loveseat for my DD.  DH & I got all the decorations down and put away yesterday, well DH did most of it!  Yeah!  I'm lucky that he hates having the stuff around and loves to put it away.  

Helen47--Yes, over the years I've tried to remember what everyone likes to eat and drink, you would think it would be easy since I've know one couple since 1979, another couple since 1987 and the friend that I work with since 2009.  I can't believe I've been working at my part time job for almost 8 years, my goal was 5 years.  I am working less and less hours every year though so I guess I'm easing my way into retirement!

Respected Contributor

Mistic & Out of Control--Welcome or welcome back!  I've be posting on this thread for about two years, I think.  Anyway, I'm 62, a retired real estate appriaser, now a part time tour guide at Mount Vernon, George Washington's Estate.  I've been married, it will be 39 years in May, have two children, DS will be 31 in March, lives & works in NYC and DD, will be 27 on Thursday and lives nearby. They are both single at this time.   DH is planning on retiring after 41 years service in the government but may get another job, we'll see!  DH & I are originally from near the Pittsburgh area, so we big fans of the Steelers, Penquins & the Pirates! 

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--I'm glad you're feeling better.  Don't you love those "bursts of energy"!  I don't get them as often as I used to but all of a sudden I just want to clean everything!  Sorry to hear to DH is feeling a little "under the weather".  

Katte--I'm sure you're looking forward to returning to volunteering but the break is nice, especially around the holidays.  Except for working Xmas morning I've had over two weeks off and it's been great.  I'm going back Thursday but I will be off again Jaunary 21 until February 1, yeah!  I took the weekend of the Inauguration and then the mansion will be closed for some work that needs to be done, so that's about another two weeks off!  Yeah!  I took the weekend of the Inauguration off about 6 months ago, I knew it would be a busy weekend.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

IMG_5683.JPG

Hi all... missing you.

I have a niece going through some "stuff" right now starting to admire CC. Have been posting a few quotes on FB for her.

Resting... 👍🏻Zzzz

@LTT1, I saw this and thought of you and your little ones. Dolly Parton will send a child a book every month, age appropriate, free of charge. She just wants every child to have the opportunity to read. Here's the link:

https://imaginationlibrary.com/

Rest...Rest...Rest!

~H~