Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Plumber came and left. It was what I thought -- mixing valve is failing and a new one needs to be reinstalled. Part was ordered and will arrive in 2-3 days. Plumber will return, remove and replace and while also here, will replace sink faucet cartridge too in that bathroom. 

The joys of home maintenance!

My contents under the sink have been moved to our 2nd bedroom for now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

we've had storms off and on all day along with some thunder, but nothing severe. I've spent much of the day engrossed in my genealogy searches and not getting much else done except a little reading.

@SleeplessinSD, I hope I don't jinx myself, but I've been sleeping very, very well since I started taking the Lessman PM product. I don't know if it's just because I've never taken melatonin before, or if the affect will eventually wear off or not. but right now, I'm just so happy to be sleeping well and feeling better as a result.

I even got on my rebounder today for the first time in months. I could only go 10 minutes, but it's a start Smiley Happy

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all

@boyzs, I'm thinking of you and hoping you are well.

hi to Hayfield, SISD, JMM,LTT, RetRN, Catwhisperer, Martie, katte, snardy, shorelady, fancy, mistic, and anyone I may have forgotten to mention.

here's a Barnett Reservoir sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, twilight, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi Eberyone!

DH is walking Max. Dishes are waiting to be done, but I thought I'd pop in early. It was a pretty day here, a little on the cool side. I did my Monday chores,then made a trip to Trader Joe's. I bought some pink lemonade  cupcakes for dessert later. I haven't tried them, but they look really good!

@Hayfield, When we went to the farmers market downtown a few weekends ago, we stopped in a place that specialized in lobster rolls and oysters. I tried them for the first time! They were served with all the trimmings and I liked them. Truthfully, I didn't think I would. We also shared some lobster rolls which are always so good! What a beautiful gift from your DD for her Dad. He'll think of her every time he uses the glasses. I have a Waterford vase that I keep in a cabinet and use for special occasions for flowers. I'm glad DD had second thoughts on the puppy. All the reasons you mentioned are good ones. She'll know when the time is right...

@JustJazzmom, sounds like an easy fix for your toilet. I would have had no idea what was wrong. I agree,it's always something when you have a house! What a lovely idea from your friend to use her Waterford pitcher for guests on her table like her Mother did and following a family tradition...

@LTT1, I'm sorry DBIL isn't progressing as expected. Hopefully, he'll start to do better soon. I'm so happy you and DH are getting away for a visit with your DD's family. I think being with LaLexie and Luke will be just what the "doctor ordered!"😊 

DH is back, so I better close. Hi to Everyone! Have a great rest of the evening....😊❤

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, We posted at the exact same time! I'm so happy the pills are working good for you. I've never taken Melatonin. I got an email from HSN for 20.00 off if I open their App. I might...if I do, I'm ordering the PM pills!😊

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was lazy tonight -- I defrosted 3 chicken Perfect Portions and poured a the rest of the Olive Garden salad dressing over it as a marinade. We felt it was too salty as a salad dressing. As a marinade it was terrific. I added some frozen Birdseye Fiesta Lime corn and that was our dinner.

I won't buy ithat salad dressing again as we really disliked it. 

Melatonin does make you drowsy and it makes it eadier to fall asleep. It helps if you take it a half hour before bed and turn down the lights.

Have a pleasant rest of Monday. 

Respected Contributor

In case anyone is interested, someone posted on another thread that Lessman is having a TS on April 8. I tried to order some of his vitamins a couple days ago, but they are on wait list. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Work was busy yesterday but we're getting more and more into the busy part of spring, it's to be expected!  The day started out very cool but got hotter by the end of the day.  I have to bring two sweaters on days like that, so I can switch when it gets warmer.  DH finally talked to the coordinator with regards to his retirement package and it all seems to be coming together as  it should.  It's what we expected so no big worries on that part.  We took out additional dental and eye care insurance that we have to look into if we still want to keep, so he'll do that  next week.

Mochahoney--Yes, the Waterford glasses were thoughtful, I only have a small Waterord bowl that DS got me when he went to Ireland a few years ago.  I'm glad you're sleeping well.

Justjazzmom--Yes, home repairs are constant, get one thing fixed and something else breaks, it never ends.  

Lovestoteach--I hope you have a great time with the grandchildren.

SISD--Yes, DD did make the best decision.  It's good she didn't go through with it.  She rarely changes her mind on anything, so I was shocked.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!😊❤

IMG_9102.JPG

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Boy, did it rain cats and dogs yesterday - again.  We have our granddaughter today, as we do most Tuesdays, Wed afternoons and Friday afternoons.  Today, rain is supposed to be minimal.  I'm holding Mother Nature to that prediction, so we're taking GD to the mall.  Our weather has been so lousy - running the gamut - that we've not taken her to the mall since way last fall.  She'll enjoy having sushi for lunch and riding the merry-go-round and ferris wheel at the food court.  I'll enjoy seeing what's new for spring, for sure.

Went to my ENT doc yesterday to rule out TMJ, per my new awful Internist, who thinks my headaches since 1984 diagnosed at migraine are all TMJ.  So, my really nice ENT doc said he couldn't say yes or no, but thought I should give a mouth guard a try.  So am off to Walgreens tomorrow to purchase one, as I do have a history of grinding my teeth at night.  At least it'll be good for my teeth and perhaps quality of sleep.

Really like watching birds feed in our new feeder.  The Fox and Grey squirrels always drop by to eat up the seed that falls on the patio.  Those squirrels are a hoot.  One of them will tick the other one off and they end up in a warp speed chase.

Well, time to get going.  This just popped into my head, so will share:  Look around your house for trip hazards.  If they exist, do something about them!

Hope today is a good one for you all. 

God Bless - XXX

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! The Central A/C company called and there was a cancellation, so we got our annual maintenance call done before the system gets turned on in a few months.

Yes, check to see that throw rugs have enough rubber underneath and check to see it is not degrading, which can happen over time with frequent washing and drying. Make sure the wattage in lights is high enough so you are not walking around with dimmed lights. Change out your lights to LED bulbs and you end up saving energy too. The CFL's might not blow out over time, but they do dim over time.