Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

image.jpeg

@SleeplessinSD@catwhisperer@katte@Hayfield@MariotaMurielle

@sfnative

Good afternoon!

Don't know if I made it thru everyone's posts, but will go back and check in a minute.

@sfnative

It is just a crying shame to be treated this way. I have to say that BRB

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Well, the good news is, it's Taco Tuesday, so we have already had our carnitas tacos. Smiley Very Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative

as I was explaining, my new PCP (internal med) said "no, you don't want to tell me about any Fibromyalgia, that puts you in a whole new category. I will wait until my next visit to ask him what THAT means. He has discontinued most of my RX's so I hope I don't end up tearing my hair out.

The MD's here have absolutely refused to RX any pain meds, which is ok with me. My migraine meds were d/c three years ago completely. But I certainly do feel for you.

DBIL, had Fent... (sp?) when they operated. Then, he ran out and asked DH to "run over and pick some more up" for him! Both brothers said "um, no???"

My email is not working. Our nephew told DH that there would be atmospheric interference today. No kidding, my tablet keeps asking me to re-enter the pw so I can get my email.

The lab values show that yes, I must take cholesterol medicine, and a few other values were a tiny bit over/under the limit. His office is supposed to call.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to reschedule appt due to time constraints on me! Would not have gotten out in time before our jaunt into NYC! I did request results and they are down from 6.2 to 5.9! 

Woohoo! Still prediabetic but this is the best # yet!

See you all later!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  Hi - I was thinking of you today wondering if you and DH would have tacos today.Smiley Happy  They sound so good.  Funny thing is, I am making Mexican food for dinner tonight. I'm making an enchilada casserole and Mexican rice .  Hope you are having a good day!

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

Jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte...your meal sounds wonderful!

@LTT1...LOL!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

it was a gorgeous day here so we decided to go out to the country for a little adventure. we drove all over the county on roads that used to be DH's patrol area when he was a deputy. lots and lots of middle-of-nowhere deeply wooded roads. we found a beautiful little water fall called Turkey Falls. it was absolutely serene. we didn't walk down to it because the climb down was pretty steep and DH's back wouldn't allow for that. but we stood on the bridge and listened to the water.

then we drove through several small, old towns, visited a Confederate Cemetery and ended our trip in another town at our favorite bakery. it was an excellent day.

Turkey Falls

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water

a 125 year old grocery store

Image may contain: outdoor

Confederate Cemetery in Raymond

Image may contain: tree, grass, sky, outdoor and nature

Raymond Courthouse

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@sfnative

as I was explaining, my new PCP (internal med) said "no, you don't want to tell me about any Fibromyalgia, that puts you in a whole new category. I will wait until my next visit to ask him what THAYPT means. He has discontinued most of my RX's so I hope I don't end up tearing my hair out.

The MD's here have absolutely refused to RX any pain meds, which is ok with me. My migraine meds were d/c three years ago completely. But I certainly do feel for you.

DBIL, had Fent... (sp?) when they operated. Then, he ran out and asked DH to "run over and pick some more up" for him! Both brothers said "um, no???"

My email is not working. Our nephew told DH that there would be atmospheric interference today. No kidding, my tablet keeps asking me to re-enter the pw so I can get my email.

The lab values show that yes, I must take cholesterol medicine, and a few other values were a tiny bit over/under the limit. His office is supposed to call.

Hi Loves,

I'm sorry to hear of what sounds like med issues with your new physician.  With regard to pain medication - especially for those of us who do not and never have abused pain medication - as a society, we have taken a huge step backward to the 70s and 80s, when docs were just horrible about NOT providing pain meds for terminal cancer patients and those who really need it.  That was a real challenge when, as a nurse, I was working on a med-surge floor.  I had patients suffering from so much CA pain and could do nothing about it!!!  Finally found out today what the darn issue is here in Oregon about no more pain meds for just about everybody.  Oregon has a BAD history and high rate of addicted teens and adults.  They're addicted to legal and illegal drugs.  It's bad.  Oregon was #1 in drug abuse.  So, in walks a doc from Massachusetts to straighten all of this out.  In doing so, he advocated and had passed many laws regarding who can prescribe what kind of drug and how many per month.  Of course, this hasn't done much to lower the hard core drug addict, because the crack, heroin, etc., still makes it into their hands.  Folks like me, who really benefit from 1 - yes one - pill a day, are now out of luck.

I made a June appointment with a spine doc I knew in the Navy.  He's across the Columbia River in Washington.  Am hoping that, after reviewing my MRI + report, and taking into consideration other sources of chronic pain, he will write me a minimal rx.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Also, as of 4:30 today, was turned down by 46 Internists, because I have Medicare with BlueCross/Blue Shield.

Shortly after 4:30 a light went on and I called the clinic where my former Internist used to work 18 months ago, asking if any Internists were accepting new patients.  Answer:  Yes, unless you're Medicare. Argh!  After a short rant (after being refuse 46 times yesterday and today), the person I was speaking to told me they had a Family Medicine practice on the 2nd Floor and that a few docs up there had openings for new patients.  So...I ended up making an appointment with a female physician, without first having research her.  I'll be seeing her first available on May 15th.  When I looked her up, she received 4.75 stars.  She went to UC Santa Barbara, George Washington University, did her Internship and Residency at UCLA, then joined the Air Force and was an USAF doc for some years.  So...I'm walking into the office of an experienced physician who will spend shortest amount of time with me (I know military docs).  Will have to have my list ready.

At this point, I'm greatful that I've another physician and hope we both work well together.  I also found out during my call there today that Urgent Care on the first floor, where I've gone a few times, is available to people like me between docs to bring in a med that requires refilling and a doc will write a refill rx.  Wow!  Didn't know they'd do that!  Pleases me to no end.

Phew for now!

XXX - Rebecca

Honored Contributor

@sfnative@LTT1, good luck with your new doctors. I hate changing doctors. Fortunately, I only take a low dose (10 mg. ea.), blood pressure and cholesterol medicine. DS says prescribing pain meds is an ongoing issue he deals with. Of course, there are definitely those in need....

@catwhisperer, I hope you enjoyed your tacos; I know you did. Are you getting rain yet? @katte, you've made enchilada casserole before, and it always sounds yummy. DH came home after running errands with In n Out burgers and fries. They were sure good too!

@MariotaMurielle, I love all your pictures! Sounds like you and DH had a great day. There's so many interesting areas where you live. Did you sleep better last night? I had a couple glasses of wine, so I didn't take a sleeping pill...

@Hayfield, I know it's disappointing about the new puppy. It would have been perfect for your puppy "fix" because I'm sure you'd have been puppy sitting often. Having a puppy is almost like having a baby, I think. Both require a lot of time and expense with doctor visits. I'm sure DD made the best decision for her for now. Does her place have a yard?

So, I thought my signing in issues had been taken care of yesterday. I'd been signing in since then with a new pin CS had me create. Today, it asked me to create a new PW and would not accept the pin. Now, I'm able to log in but I'm still directed to my "order" page. I've read a couple threads others having the same problems, so the mods are aware....

@JustJazzmom, Yay! On your numbers...great news!

Wishing Everyone a great rest of the evening...😊❤

~H~