Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Mochahoney--Another baby shower!  It sounds like it was at a really nice venue.  Glad the bad weather passed you by and that you got a good night's sleep.  

Justjazzmom--Your dinner soundded good, but then you always are making good dinners.  Me, it's hit or miss.  DH made breakfast this morning, I guess I should've made him breakfast being it's his birthday but like I mentioned in the previous post, I forogt this morning that's it's his birthday.  We took a walk last night and were talking about his birthday.  My head is still stuffed up!  Yes, I think going on call should be something I should do by the end of the year.  

SISD--DS will be home on Thursday and will be here for the retirement celebrations and we'll go see B&B together and then he's doing the Cherry Blossom run next Sunday, he'll go back to NYC on the Monday the 3rd.  He doesn't come home too much during the year, it has to be a special event, like DH's retirement.  

Lovestoteach--Yes, I do want to continue to work, just not so much and I'm really thinking about going on call by the end of the year.  We'll see what happens with DH, will he enjoy retirement and not look for another job?  Will he get bored in a few months and look for a contracting job?  Will I enjoy having him home full time?  Will I hate having him home full time?  I don't know, so I'm hanging on to my job until we find out the answers to the above questions.  The money I make at my job is not an issue, since I don't make enough to think, gee I really need to keep working, which is really nice.  It's my "fun" money.  I know the first few months of his retirement are going to be busy with things that we need to get done around the house and with the nice weather we can go to a winery on the weekdays, which will be nice too.  I think I'm gonna have to wait and see, maybe it will take 6 months or so before we know the answers.  Stay tuned!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good almost afternoon y'all.

last night I was asleep in about 30 minutes! it was a miracle Smiley Happy

I slept like a rock, maybe even too well. I had planned to get up at 8am to get ready for church but when DH came in to wake me up I was sleeping so hard I could barely open my eyes. I woke up just as he was leaving for church at 9:45. @SleeplessinSD, I think tonight I'll only take 1 cap instead of 2.

today I'll spend some time working on my genealogy project. I found a cousin in Ireland and I've been in contact with her. we know we're cousins because of our DNA results, we just don't know how we are cousins.

have a great Sunday.

oh, and @Hayfield, happy birthday to your DH!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, are you taking the AM pill too? I wish they were sold separate....

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

@MariotaMurielle, are you taking the AM pill too? I wish they were sold separate....

@SleeplessinSD, not yet. I have some Lessman caps called Energy......something or other that I'm using up right now. I probably have another month or two of them left and then I'll start taking the A.M. Activator caps.

Lessman does sell the P.M. Relaxation caps separately on his website, Procapslabs dot com.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@boyzs, I miss seeing your Heart's sprinkled around our posts here. I'm sending you some extra springtime blessings and hopes that you are doing well.

Valued Contributor

Good Sunday afternoon everyone,

I don't mean to sound crabby but I do wish they would get the signing in problem fixed.  Even on my laptop, it takes me to my orders when I sign in.  Are you all having problems signing in?

DS and family are coming for dinner.  We are having spinach ravioli, asparagus, salad and cherry dump cake for dessert.  Our DGD is vegetarian so we make meatless meals when they come over.  DGD is staying a couple of days with us.  She is 12.  She hurt her knee in dance class and is on crutches so I got some crafty things for us to do.  

Hayfield, Happy Birthday to your DH.  I know you will enjoy his birthday dinner.   You will have the answers to your retirement questions soon.  My DH and I did after we retired and we are very happy with our life together.  It's nice your DS will be home for the retirement party.  It is a very big milestone in life.  

Mochahoney,  I'm so glad to hear you slept well.  A good nights sleep makes all the difference!  The baby shower venue sounds very nice.  I'm glad the storm passed you by!

JJM, good news that you are feeling like your old self!

sfnative,  I will try the silicone earplugs.  Thanks for the info.

Auntg,  The brats sound so delicious that way.  I'm going to try making them that way the next time I make brats.

SleeplessinSD,  It sounds like a nice visit with your DD.  What kind of dog does she have?  How's Max?  We still miiss our doggies so much.  I think there is another lab in our future.  Take care and sleep well, friend!

loves, how are the DBIL's doing?  How are you and DH doing?  I hope you are doing well since the brothers are doing better.  

Thinking of Katte, Marty, boyzs, RetRN, Catwhisperer and everyone else.  Blessings to you all! Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Re the earplugs:  I purchase mine at Walgreens and have for years.  Hope yours has some in stock.

Re husbands that snore:  Mine does, too.  It's bad, really bad, as he has sleep apnea and won't do a sleep study, which his doc has asked him to do numerous times.  Aside from the LOUD snoring, his breathing patterns are dangerously erratic, including pauses that used to make me shake him awake.  I don't do that any longer, because I had a frank discussion with him over 10 years ago, telling him that in order for me to finally get some sleep either I was moving into the guest bedroom or he was.  Of course, he was livid at me, told me I was exaggerating his snoring, etc.   Well, how would he know I was exaggerating?  So, did some clinical research and wrote him a paper.  That did it.  He moved into the guest bedroom and finally - sleep.  However, I still need the silicone earplugs, because his snoring is so loud that without the earplugs, I'd still be awake at night.

Here's wishing you the best of luck.

Honored Contributor

I keep getting interrupted by DH with questions and concerns about DBIL, so for quite a few months my posts have been rather "hit or miss" and scattered -- please pardon!

@MariotaMurielle

I am thrilled for you that the PM works! I didn't read the directions and have only been ever taking ONE! You are so nice to put up with me! The pills have worked consistently well, although the second night the 1 cap was better than the first. Don't know why.

I'm also taking the AM activator -- one pill each morning. They don't make me feel supercharged just more at ease somehow. Balanced, maybe?

About the earplugs discussion... thank you for this! DH sometimes snores (and so do I 😳). The foam ones are really no good. Will try the silicone ones next. Thank you for this information @sfnative@SleeplessinSD@MariotaMurielle

@Hayfield

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. Hayfield! Have a fun time today!

@MariotaMurielle

Glad to hear that the weather parted and you had a lovely time at the fancy place for the shower!

@snardy

DBIL was brought back to this side (our side) of the metroplex last night! DH took some of his things over to him this morning. His glasses did get lost in all of the upheaval and have not been found. At least he is safely situated where he is and we are relieved and happy about this!

I'm waving hi to everyone I missed! ❤💜💚💙❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative, maybe recording his snoring and erratic breathing would help convince him that it's actually as bad as you say and that he really does need a sleep study. I have a friend who tried for years to convince her DH that his snoring was terrible. he didn't believe her either until she recorded it one night and he listened to it. after that, he was convinced. he got a sleep study and a C-Pap.