Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

hey y'all. I just got home from the baby shower. this is the last baby shower I'll have to attend for a while as far as I know, although I do have a bridal shower to go to in a couple of weeks.

this shower was in a very frou frou place. a mansion that used to be a private residence but now is a bed & breakfast and event venue. it was nice and it was good to see my extremely pregnant niece, but I'm glad it's over.

the severe weather apparently parted like the Red Sea and went north and south of us. it thundered a few times but I didn't see a drop of rain.

I'm sending Saturday blessings to all...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

@MariotaMurielle.....Wow, that is such great news that you slept so well! Isn't it amazing how different we feel when we get some much needed sleep? If I only get a few hours sleep or am awakened many times during the night, I am like a walking zombie. I hope you continue to sleep well with the new supplements.

I know! it's like a miracle Smiley Happy

have you ever taken these supplements? this is only the 2nd night but I'm hoping for more success....

I'll let you know if I hear of any special pricing or coupon codes.

@MariotaMurielle....no, I have never taken them. What I need is the multi-vitamins. I don't have a problem sleeping except when the neighbors/dogs/sirens/helicopters/cats/etc. wake me up. The past couple nights I have left my air purifier on all night as well as a very small fan for air circulation, and have slept well. I normally leave my window open all night, but lately there has just been too much noise coming from outside. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Good evening! I'm glad the rain held off from putting a dent in the baby shower celebration, @MariotaMurielle and that you were well rested.

@Hayfield, I'm sure DH is looking forward to retirement. He will find that the days pass very quickly! Going 'on call' would be good because you still get to do something you like but have more together time with DH.

Love the photos people post here! @MariotaMurielle@LTT1@SleeplessinSD & @katte.

Yes, I am better! My appetite is back and I went out this PM to Bloomingdale's to their Lancôme counter. I saw last night online that they have exclusive colors of the Ombré  Hypnose Stylo eyeshadow pencil. It's a cream twist up stick eyeshadow. I bought the violet (Violet Eternel) and a bronze color called Brun Capitivant. I originally wanted to see the 2 blue shades, but when I swatched them, I thought one was too dark and one wasn't bluegreen with the color shifting towards the green. 

I just got into my car and it started to rain! 

I came home and made beef stroganoff with poppy seeds for dinner. I decided instead of serving with noodles, to use couscous. Better choice!

Now we are relaxing and catching up on e mails and newspapers.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

Hi Sleepless,

Getting back to you regarding the silicone earplugs.  Generally speaking, they come in a clear plastic box that measures about 3" x 2" x ~3/4" thick.  The plastic box is 2/3 wrapped in blue cardboard with writing on it and hangs on one of those J-hooks in the "Eye and Ear" section of most drug stores.

Inside the plastic box you'll see individual rounds of opaque silicone.  Use one for each ear.  I usually get a number of days' use out of a pair of them (and I do clean my ears every night before use).  Before placing in your ear, read the directions on the box, as you don't want to shove the silicone down your ear canal.  Second point: one silicone round is way too big for either ear (at least my female ear) and 1/2 of a round is too small for 2 ears, so I do use one round for each ear and keep the pinched off parts for later.  However, I pinch off 1/3 of the round for my left ear and 1/4 of the round for my right ear.  And, to wrap things up for you, remember to warm the silicone rounds in one of your hands, so they become pliable.  Since I always read before lights out, I usually place the silicone in my left hand as I read.  When I'm done reading, in go the plugs, lights out and I

usually don't hear a thing unless an airplane flies over us really low.  No lie.

I hope you try them and are successful in shutting out the noise which keeps you awake.  These silicone ear plugs were literally a blessing to me.

XXX - Rebecca

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Brats on the grill. I'm hoping to have have one on Memorial Day, they are so darn good.

- - - - - - - 

Not to worry.  I was talking to the neighbor who walks her dog and we will have a neighborhood picnic this summer. DH is going to grill the brats and I'll keep them warm in our big Nesco (swimming in beer and onions).  

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Brats on the grill. I'm hoping to have have one on Memorial Day, they are so darn good.

- - - - - - - 

Not to worry.  I was talking to the neighbor who walks her dog and we will have a neighborhood picnic this summer. DH is going to grill the brats and I'll keep them warm in our big Nesco (swimming in beer and onions).  

I've never had brats cooked with beer & onions. that sounds so good! when we have brats we just cook them on the grill and then dress them with chopped onions, spicy mustard and pickle relish. love them.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@sfnative, I was thinking about the ear plug discussion. I have foam ear plugs and the only time I ever use them is when DH's snoring is so loud it wakes me up or keeps me from going to sleep. they're better than nothing but they really don't work very well.  I decided to order some silicone ones from Amazon.

here's another Pass Christian sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, twilight, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

Respected Contributor

I don't know why that ear plug pic posted twice Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening! Another beautiful day here. We decided to drive out and visit DD. it's been a while since we saw her. She is always so busy with work, friends, and trips out of town that it's hard to find a good weekend. She lives in a small, lovely town, Rancho Santa Margarita, on the other side of San Juan Capistrano. We had lunch then went back to her place and picked up her dog for a walk around the lake behind her condo. We just got back, and I wanted to stop in before going upstairs. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy day....😊

@sfnative, thank you for stopping in and taking the time to explain the earplugs. I need to go to Walgreens and pick up a prescription, so I'll check for them there. DH snores a lot, so if it can help me with that, I'll be thrilled!

@JustJazzmom, So good to hear you're feeling better! I did not know Lancôme had eyeshadow sticks. I use Bobbi Brown. I will need to check them out! I haven't had beef stroganoff in a long time. Good idea serving over couscous; lighter and healthier!

@MariotaMurielle, Yay! 8 hours sleep...I'm so jealous! Will you take a pill every night? Im glad you missed the rain and had a safe trip to the baby shower and back. Sounds like it was a lovely shower, and another baby in the family is always exciting!

@Hayfield, Im glad you're feeling better; colds do seem to take forever to get rid of. You and DH have an exciting week ahead. Cleaning out his office really makes things final! I'm happy for you both. Have a great time celebrating his birthday tomorrow...will your son be there too? 

Waving Hi to Everyone I missed....Good Night!🙏❤

@MariotaMurielle, I just saw your post on the earplugs. I'm going to check them out on Amazon...thanks!

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I got some cleaning done yesterday, I hate to clean, so it's been a while since I did it, so it needed done.  I did get to open all the windows and get some air in since the weather is so nice.  I had trouble opening one of the living room windows and when DH came home he had trouble too, so I'll call next week and see what the problem is.  All the other windows open and close very easily.  DH came home from the office with one box, that's it!  Glad that's all he had.  I almost forgot to tell DH "Happy Birthday", so focused on his retirement that his birthday just isn't in my head, with this cold though it's hard to think so that's my excuse!  We're picking up DD and heading into Old Town tonight to have dinner.  We invited her boyfriend but he declined, DD said he's coming to DH's retirement dinner next week, guess that's too much "parent time" for him!  I just laughed.  I just like to tell DD he's welcome, it doesn't bother me if he comes or not.  We like him but really don't know him all that well.  I don't want to get too attached, this might not last!  I hope that everyone is having a good weekend.