Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

Hello Ladies!!  I've been following your posts for awhile, but have never chimed in! I would love to join you if ok with all of you!  Everyone seems so sweet and full of information!! I am a retired pediatric nurse...retired 2 years ago and am loving every minute of it!! I am married with 2 children and one precious 16 month old granddaughter who was a 2.5 pound preemie, but is doing wonderfully!!! My husband and I love to travel and do so quite often!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening! Stopping in for just a few minutes. Did anyone buy anything today from the Q's clearance? I wasn't going to,but got an email with all the sales and most things 50% off. I bought another color in a Linea sweater I have and like (A268130), some Linea pants and a Susan Graver top I thought was cute at half price. Her things are usually so expensive, this was a good buy half off. 

@LTT1, I've seen the eagle cam on our news too! I agree, Harriet is famous. Still waiting for the second egg to hatch. They're now saying it may not. So glad you're feeling better! I hope you get your voice back soon!

@Hayfield, sounds like your New Years party was a great time.   Of course, I know you're the "perfect" host having everyone's favorite food and drinks. Ha! It's funny how you had food left over with just adults last night and the difference serving a younger crowd last week. It's the same here when our grandson comes with friends. They're all in there 20's. They love everything and a lot of it! I'm ready for our Christmas stuff to come down too. Hopefully, by the end of the week. DH is still not feeling well...

@Katcat1, there's a few authors I will read everything they put out. Some stories are better than others. I like Dean Koontz too. Like you, I prefer a book that starts off holding my interest, but I try and hang in there and give it a chance. It better not take too long though, Lol! Was it you that said you like Laura Mercier's foundation primer? My DIL gave me a spa basket with beauty products and had this in it. I love it! In fact, I used it today with no foundation over, just a finishing powder! Max sends ❤ to Ava!

@out of control, so nice to see you here. Welcome and please just join in. There are a couple other retired nurses who post too. Mochahoney and RetRN. I live with my DH, who just retired this month. In October, we celebrated our 50th anniversary. We have two grandchildren and live in San Diego. I volunteer at our local hospital and also enjoy gardening, decorating, cooking, walking and reading. I hope you come back and post again soon!

Hi @3suwm5@JustJazzmom@MariotaMurielle, Katte, boyzs, ((Snardy)), Catwhisperer, AuntG, Mistic and Everyone! I hope you're all enjoying a relaxing evening...

~H~
Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

@Mistic  Of course you may.  Some of us are newbies, we also are joining.  Doesn't matter; new, old, short, tall, young, old, man, woman----it's just straight up wonderful for all.Woman Happy

We can all have a good time.

Many lovely people all over the place, let's appreciate us all.

@3suwm5, I concur Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@out of control wrote:

Hello Ladies!!  I've been following your posts for awhile, but have never chimed in! I would love to join you if ok with all of you!  Everyone seems so sweet and full of information!! I am a retired pediatric nurse...retired 2 years ago and am loving every minute of it!! I am married with 2 children and one precious 16 month old granddaughter who was a 2.5 pound preemie, but is doing wonderfully!!! My husband and I love to travel and do so quite often!

@out of control, happy new year and welcome to this thread. I'm so happy that you and Mistic and 3suwm5 have decided to join us here. I'm a retired RN too. 42 years in nursing, mostly nephrology, which I absolutely loved. I retired 2 1/2 years ago. my DH is retired from law enforcement and we have one grown daughter who is married with stepchildren. 

come back and join us whenever you can.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

we've had a pretty wild day here in Mississippi. I woke up about 3 this morning to the sound of the loudest thunder and lightning that I've heard in a very long time. there were tornadoes in several counties that did quite a lot of damage but none in our area. we did have some wind and there are some small tree limbs scattered all over the yard and we got almost 4 inches of rain.

I got my first burst of energy in weeks today and scrubbed bathrooms, changed bed linens, dusted and mopped the kitchen floor. I haven't had that much energy in quite a while. DH is still not feeling well so he just kind of sat and watched me Smiley Happy.

I haven't seen Harriet on the news but I've seen the baby. I watched Harriet feed him several times today. that's going to be one well fed little eaglet. I'm very doubtful that the other egg is going to hatch, but time will tell.

@SleeplessinSD, I haven't even thought to check out the Q's clearance/sale items. I don't need anything, but I guess that should never stop a girl from looking. right?

sending blessings and kind thoughts to all.

here's a shrimp boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, twilight, outdoor and water

Honored Contributor

Hiya!

I spent yesterday and today changing sheets, tablecloth on our dining room table and washing, drying and putting them away. 

I can't remember the last time I bought sheets and ours are starting to see better days despite I change around 4 sets. 

I perused the internet yesterday and this AM and decided on JCP. 

I found some nice 500 TC sheets in indigo (navy), ivory and burgundy. The burgundy is a damask stripe. I will probably wash the darker sheets together to remove any excess dye since they are so dark. I had to laugh because the 'locate in store' function on one of the colors said it was not available but when I went there, the store had 3 in that shade! 

It has rained all day here here and tomorrow will be a repeat of it. The mall was mobbed with cars and it was one of those days where you needed to wait for a car to leave to get the space. I got my exercise on my arms carting those sheets back to the car.

Goodnight!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@MariotaMurielle,  Are you thinking of getting yourself another pet to love?  Take care.  Cat Very Happy  I had my cat, Simone, for 19-1/2 years and I had her put to sleep and then I purchased Ava (I wanted a Tonkinese cat) 3 months after Simone's passing.  You end up loving the new pet even more.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1, DH and I really miss having a dog. Mochahoney ( I chose my user name in her honor) was mostly his dog, and she adored him. we had her for several years before we got Princess Daisy. Princess Daisy was mine and she didn't like anybody except me. we had them each for 16 years, although Mocha died 5 years before Daisy did. when Mochahoney died, I didn't think my heart could break more than it did. she was the sweetest dog and I miss everything about her. but when Daisy died, I knew my heart could break again. she was my constant companion. after I retired, she was by my side (literally) 24 hrs a day. she wanted to be wherever I was. she depended on me. she sat snuggled up next to me on the couch. she slept up against my hip. because she was blind and arthritic, I carried her everywhere she needed to go. I made a little sling and kept her with me when I cooked or did housework because I didn't want to leave her alone.

I still could cry when I think about her and it's been 9 months since she died.

but right now, we will remain pet-less. we are enjoying coming & going whenever we want, and not needing to be responsible for another life.

but some day.

Image may contain: dog

Image may contain: laptop, dog and indoor

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle,  You brought tears to my eyes about Princess Daisy and carrying her around with you.  What a compassionate and loving thing to do for her.  When you are ready you will get another pet and maybe never but it will be your choice.  Thanks for sharing and for the lovely picture.  Have a good evening.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD,  I have Laura Mercier's primer but have not used in months.  I keep forgetting.  However, I do wear her oil-free tinted moisturizer -- love it.  Worth every penny.  It just evens out your skin tone.  Not really a product for coverage.  If I feel I need coverage once in a while I use her Secret Concealer.  What I like about her products like her tinted moisturizer is she offers many different undertones unlike so many other cosmetic cos.  I received a 25% discount by email and I stocked up on a few things.  I also love her Almond Coconut fragrance.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mistic,  Welcome back and speak up whenever you want.  It's a friendly group of really nice ladies.  Happy New Year.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength