Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS.

I'm feeling much, much better and now DH is sick. he never gets sick. but he's getting the same thing I had. we had such an exciting night last night (not Smiley Happy ). since he didn't feel good, he went to bed at 9:30. I was up until 12:30 and talked to our daughter at midnight, but couldn't go to sleep. so at 2am I was up watching TV.

I baked a ham too, katte. it tasted good to me but DH really didn't like it. I think it's just because he's sick.

we took the Christmas tree down today. I was going to leave the front door wreath up but it has lights on a timer and the batteries were dying, so I went ahead and took it down too. does anyone have any suggestions for a winter front door decoration? I have spring, summer, fall and Christmas wreaths that I put up but I'm always kind of at a loss about what to put on the door between Christmas and spring.

I talked about letting my gray grow out a few months ago. it's been right at 4 months since my last color application and I have about 2-3 inches of gray grown out now. I've been kind of excited about it and haven't really even had a thought about coloring it again. until today. I don't know why. maybe because I've been sick and I look a little haggard in general. this morning I was looking in the mirror and thinking maybe I should color it again. my next appointment for a cut is the middle of this month. maybe I'll be over this moment of doubt by then.

@katte, @Vivian, @AuntG: I think @SleeplessinSDwill agree that the "60's" in the title of this ongoing thread is just a generalization. it does also say "and everyone". whether you're 55 or 75, you are welcome here. Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, I have a winterberry artificial wreath I got from Pier 1 a couple years ago. I'm replacing my Christmas wreath with it sometime this week. Our neighbor across the street made one in a basket she says she's leaving up all Winter. I like it!  She took branches from a pine tree in her back yard and placed in a basket. She stuck some red artificial twigs in there too, wrapped the front of the basket with a bow, hung it on the door several weeks ago, and it still looks great. This is a picture similar to mine...

IMG_8123.JPG

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, thank you. I love that wreath. I think all the Pier One stores in my area have closed, but I may get out later in the week and look. maybe Michaels or Marshalls, TJ Maxx or Tuesday Morning would have something like this. if not, there's always Amazon.

great idea.

Happy new year, friend Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

it's the first night of 2017.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle 

What about a wreath of roses? That might be eye catching. 

I like the winterberry idea too. Are there any plain wreaths left from Michaels? If they have roses on those wire picks, you can create that kind of wreath -- of course I'm thinking of Valentine's Day. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Our small New Year's Day Dinner Party went really well yesterday and everyone had a good time.  Boy, the big difference was last week I had 8 for dinner for Xmas Day but it was 4 parents with their children (30, 27, 26 & 25) and they ate a tone of food, those 4 younger adults.  Yesterday it was 4 adults all over 60 and boy do I have a ton of food leftover!  I'm going to freeze the ham in small containers for meals.  Since I have had these friends over before I know what they all like to eat & drink.  Our one friend loves Gentlemen Jack whiskey, so I always make sure I have it.  Another loves the dipping oil with his bread, another loves my apple crisp.  I think everyone went away happy.  It was a great way to start off the New Year!  This morning DH has already started to tackle the decorations, they'll be gone by late this afternoon.  

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--The Baileys Irsh Cream cheesecake was a big hit and everyone loved it.  Thanks!  

Helen47--Sorry to hear that DH has come down with a cold.  One of my friends that came yesterday is always getting over a bad cold.  My cold is almost gone.

Helen47 & Mochahoney--I love that wreath!!!! I would be on the hunt for one like that but my color of my front door is Barn Door Red and I don't think a wreath like that would stand out but I love it!!!!  Of course if I were to buy another wreath, all DH would say is "aren't we buying less, decluttering?"!

Trusted Contributor

HAPPY MONDAY!!

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle,  I need to read about the pre-infusion mode.  I will use it.  I was happy to get past the 3 x priming the coffee maker.  Today I added just a little more coffee and it was perfect and the thermal pot kept the coffee hot for an hour.  I really love it.  I don't need all kinds of gadgets or timers on my coffee maker.  All I want is a great cup of coffee.  Thank you so much for mentioning it on this thread.  I hope you are feeling better.  Are you thinking of getting yourself another pet to love?  Take care.  Cat Very Happy  I had my cat, Simone, for 19-1/2 years and I had her put to sleep and then I purchased Ava (I wanted a Tonkinese cat) 3 months after Simone's passing.  You end up loving the new pet even more.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD,  I am the type of person that needs to have a book that catches me right from the first page.  I use to read Dean Koonz over 20 of his books and then you tend to get tired of the same author or at least, I did.  After that I read a variety of books by different authors.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength