Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies and Everyone~Please Join Us For The New Year!

@Katcat1, I just finished a book called The Couple Next Door.  It's not scary but is suspenseful and has a lot of twists.  A young couple attend a party next door and when they go to check on their baby, she has disappeared.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG You will be the Baby (not yet 60 yet).  I am the baby in my family but it's really funny when you are the 67 year old baby but still the baby!  I love it.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have only four days to be a 60-something. On January 5, I will be 70. Somehow, this is the first birthday that reminds me I am getting old. My 94 year old mother thinks I'm a spring chicken but I definitely feel the march of time. My oldest grandchild is 22 and may be getting married in the near future. That makes me gloriously happy but getting old, as Bette Davis said, is not for sissies.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle,  I finally set up the coffee maker.  It is a quality structure and I like the fact the it shuts itself off when finished brewing.  My cup of coffee tastes very good not as bitter as with my other maker.  I like French Roast.  I think I do need to experiment on how much coffee I want to add.  I already had the filters as my last coffee maker was a Melitta.  Boxes are everywhere in the kitchen.  It was packed quite well.  I ended up getting it from Wayfair since Walmart was having some type of website problem the night I wanted to order it.  Thank you for mentioning this coffee maker.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  I will have to check out the author you suggested too.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@MariotaMurielle,  I finally set up the coffee maker.  It is a quality structure and I like the fact the it shuts itself off when finished brewing.  My cup of coffee tastes very good not as bitter as with my other maker.  I like French Roast.  I think I do need to experiment on how much coffee I want to add.  I already had the filters as my last coffee maker was a Melitta.  Boxes are everywhere in the kitchen.  It was packed quite well.  I ended up getting it from Wayfair since Walmart was having some type of website problem the night I wanted to order it.  Thank you for mentioning this coffee maker.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  I will have to check out the author you suggested too.  Cat Very Happy

I'm so glad you like it. I had to experiment a little when I first got mine. I noticed less bitterness too.

if you have a food scale (or a postal scale) I have found that their recommendation of 10 grams per 5 oz. cup is the perfect formula for me. when I was using my standard coffee scoop, I always used a heaping scoop full. but when I started using the scale I found that my heaping scoop full was actually only about 7 grams or so.

are you using the optional pre-infusion mode? it's easy to set, and once you set it, it stays in that mode unless you unplug it.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just finished dinner.  We ate early, which I don't mind one bit.  I baked a spiral cut ham with a honey glaze. It was really good.   We had ham, barbecue beans and soft rolls and pumpkin pie for dessert.  I like the Hormel Black Label spiral cut ham and that's what I usually get when I'm shopping for one at Walmart.  I couldn't find a small one, so this was about  8 1/2 lbs.  That's a lot of ham for just me and DH.  We will eat off of it for a couple of days and I will freeze the rest.  I usually make ham and beans, and a scalloped potato and ham casserole and then there are always sandwiches and breakfasts. It has finally stopped raining and the mountains are white with snow.  It's been a pretty damp, windy,  winter's day.

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian Florimond  Hi - I think you can still join our group of ladies even though you are turning 70.  I have been with this group of ladies for about a year now and I just turned 70 on Christmas day!  I agree that this birthday kind of stepped up the meaning of aging for me.  Although on the inside I don't feel 70, but sometimes the "ole body" reminds me that I am.  My oldest  grandchild is 26.  Now that makes me stand up and take notice. Smiley Happy  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was a quiet New Year's Day for us. Our DGS stopped in with his friend, and our new neighbors next door dropped by for a bit. DH is still not feeling well. Our neighbors across the street are older and decided because of the weather and DH not feeling well, not to. It's very cold and been raining off and on all day. I've been tired all day from staying up late last night, so it feels good to relax on the couch now under a blanket. 

@Katcat1, I also have read all the Patricia Cornwall Scarpetta books. Most are very good and will definitely hold your interest. You'll grow to love all the main characters. I agree, though, they're not for the"faint of heart" if reading gruesome details would bother you. Two other great authors I really like are Harlan Coben (anything by him) and James Patterson (the Alex Cross series). All the above write Suspense and Mystery, my favorite!

@Vivian, Happy early Birthday! You are very welcome here! Like I've always said, 60's is a guideline and we all enjoy meeting and getting to know new posters. An old friend that used to post here always said that phrase, getting old isn't for sissies. Ha! So very true! 

@katte, after reading you and Mochahoney serving ham today, I have to admit now I'm craving ham! So many  ways to serve it, as well as slicing it up. Freezing the portion left over is a great idea. There's always too much. We just had appetizers, desserts and last minute, I made a tray of enchiladas...yum!

Hi to Everyone! Enjoy a warm, relaxing rest of the evening....❤🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

Happy New Year!!Heart

@3suwm5, Happy New Year! Thank you for stopping by!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Not yet 60, and in no hurry to get there, but still read and enjoy your posts .  Hope it is a good year for all.

@AuntG, Happy New Year! Always nice seeing you here!

~H~