Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle  What a cute picture!  I remember growing up and eating venison and elk, as my dad was an avid hunter.  I didn't care for venison at all, but the elk wasn't too bad.  I don't think I could eat it now, but never say never.  I am sure your roast turn out just fine Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm stopping in a little early (early here anyway😉).  I spent a time today getting the guest room ready for my sister. Really not a lot to do. It was clean, just needed a little freshening up. I always fill a basket of a few of her favorite things too....

@MariotaMurielle, I stopped at Lowes this afternoon to check out flowers/vegetables. I wanted a little color on my front porch for this weekend. They had some tomato plants in big pots that looked really healthy and nice. I didn't buy one, but I plan to later. I loved the tomatoes I grew a couple years ago. I'm not sure still how much vegetable planting I'll do. We're still under water restrictions out here. You mentioned zucchini. I grew that once, and It gets big and takes over. I love zucchini, though, and it's so good fresh. How was your roast? That picture cracked me up!

@snardy, You're welcome any time! We'll have lots of food Sunday, I'm sure. My sister will make the Mac n cheese. She makes it good. I love it, but could eat it until it's gone, so don't make it often. As you can tell, we won't be dieting that day! one thing about packing for your cruise. When we went, I definitely took too much. They come by daily to see if you need anything washed or dry cleaned, and that was nice. Just a little tip...

@RetRN, My DH and DS are big Packers fans too. DH was born and raised in Wisconsin. I hope you enjoy the dip. We like it, and it's so easy....

Waving Hi to Fancy, Loves, Hayfield, Catwhisperer, CalQFan, CorisMom, WhatNow, Boyzs, Martie, Katte, Kat and all our friends old and new....

Good Night Everyone....

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hi friends. it was a beautiful day here again, and pretty quiet.

I spent some time taking photos and listing some things on eBay.

I went for a manicure and pedicure. I got a pale pinkish nude on my fingernails, which I keep very short. for my toes I got my very favorite color, in honor of it feeling like the beginning of spring. strawberry margarita. it's such a bright, happy color.

my venison roast turned out better than I expected. I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to eat it, that it would taste weird and terrible. but really, it was pretty good. my DH loved it. he made a happy plate Smiley Happy

Princess Daisy is hanging in there. she has a new favorite food: chicken and dumplings from a restaurant where DH meets some of his former coworkers  for lunch once a week. he brought some home the other day and she thought it was the most delicious thing ever. so now he brings some home for her every Thursday and she loves it.

I hope everyone else had a good day too.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset for you.

have a peaceful eveing, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Was reading some of the Super Bowl comments and I must tell you that we are a house divided.  I'm want Carolina to win and DH wants the Broncos.  I asked how short his memory is because our Packers were once beaten by the Broncos (and John Elway) in the Super Bowl.

Honored Contributor

bubble gum day.jpg

HAPPY NATIONAL BUBBLE GUM DAY!

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We got friends!

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

DBIL update:  He is going home this morning!  I don't understand this, he was so ill in the hospital last Sunday.  But I am guessing that his blood sugar is stable now, and he has been participating in his PT.  DH is picking him up this morning and taking him back home... which is where he wants to be.  Heart

Regular Contributor

Thank you Helen!! I plan on making a trip to Sephora today if all goes well.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  What an adorable picture! This makes my day, thanks. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 What great news!  Continue to send warm wishes for you and your family Smiley Happy