Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@Sara44 wrote:
@SleeplessinSD hello and hello to everyone found your little group

@Sara44, hello to you. Nice that you found us and I hope you will come back to share with us. I am 65 and have been retired for 3 years now. I was an RN for 40 years and was so glad to find this nice group of ladies to post with when I left the workplace. I live alone in a 1400 sq. ft. ranch home in a very quiet community with 23 homes and I enjoy coming and going as I please with no schedule. Life is good! I look forward to getting to know you.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!❤️

image.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@Sara44 wrote:
@SleeplessinSD hello and hello to everyone found your little group

Hello @Sara44, wlecome. come back and chat soon.

Image result for hi emoticon

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

I'm doing laundry today and resting up from a busy week and weekend! House guests just wear me out!!  We had so much fun with our DGD. She is 11 and her brother is 14. He is autistic and can be a handful at times. DGD enjoys a break from the family stresses and loves to visit us because it is so "peaceful and quiet."  As our son told us, "it's not easy being a sister to autistic brother."  I'm so glad we can be here for her. 

Fall is is definitely in the air here. The nights are cooler and we hear the crickets. They are always the first sign that fall is on the way. In a couple of weeks, I'll put my summer bedding away and get out my fall decorations. I can't wait!

One of the greatest joys of my day is being in touch with my friends here.  Blessings to you all!  ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! Did some laundry folding and towel changing. Need to get some walking in now -- still too hot outside! Have a pleasant Monday everyone!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@JustJazzmom@snardy@MariotaMurielle

@RetRN

Apparently, LaLEXI!❤️ ordered an "UBER" while they were at church yesterday! 

I haven't yet found out the details of this shenanigan from DD, but I will! 

This is your "chuckle of the day!"

@Hayfield

So exciting about the boyfriend! Can't wait to hear more!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD@JustJazzmom@snardy@MariotaMurielle

@RetRN

Apparently, LaLEXI!❤️ ordered an "UBER" while they were at church yesterday! 

I haven't yet found out the details of this shenanigan from DD, but I will! 

This is your "chuckle of the day!"

@Hayfield

So exciting about the boyfriend! Can't wait to hear more!

oh my word! it's pretty amazing what they can do. give them access to a cell phone or a computer and there's no telling what you could end up with Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle

Funny you should mention that...

My girl cousin has twins. When they were little, my cousin and DH had just arrived home after an outing. One of the little girls said "Mommy, we are getting a DOG!" Cousin: "OH?"

"Yes, I ordered one for us from DOGGIE.com!"

Cousin: "Not only did we not want a dog, but we also didn't want the girls on the internet at all. No tellin' what she might have seen while doing a search at "doggie.com?!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening friends. I hope everyone has had a good day. after getting up so early, mine was a little busy. but it's all good. hopefully it will insure a good night's sleep. leaving the house so early this morning and having to drive on the interstate in terrible traffic brought back  memories of having to deal with that every day when I was working. I am so grateful that I am retired and I can sit on the couch every morning in my yoga pants and tee shirt and sip my coffee without having to hurry about anything.

@snardy, I love what you said: "One of the greatest joys of my day is being in touch with my friends here.  Blessings to you all!  ❤️"

I couldn't agree more. it's something I enjoy too. I was walking through the living room today and I'm almost certain I heard on the news that there was either a snow storm or a hail storm in Colorado today. did I hear that right?

@LTT1, doggies.com? who knew? little kids are so smart!  are you getting some of that rain that's crossing over from Texas to south Louisiana today?

@fancy pantsy, if you're peeking in, I'm thinking about you with the hurricane approaching the gulf. I hope you are prepared and safe.

special hellos to all our dear friends here.

here's a Mississippi River at Vicksburg sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image result for mississippi sunset photo

Esteemed Contributor

it's almost eagle cam time! this is from the Southwest Florida Eagle Cam Facebook page:

Ground photographers reported Harriet & M both bringing in nest material to the old nest tree! Very encouraging this early in the year.