Valued Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Hello friends,

It's nice to have the house back to ourselves once again. It was a long week. DGD is up at school and her dad and brother left yesterday. Another DGD is coming over to spend the night tonight and we are having supper with our son and family tomorrow so we'll take her home then. I think we'll make some cake pops to take with us. 

I wear leggings sometimes but they are loose and I wear a tunic top and flats. I seldom wear heels anymore. I'm too old to wear leggings and heels!! I have slender legs so the leggings aren't tight. I wear longer tops with most everything because I have a rather large posterior!! 

Helen, I'm so glad your DS and family are home. I thought about them when I heard about the terrible earthquake. My BFF and family were in Italy this summer too. It seems like there is always something to worry about. How nice of you to stock their refrigerator. I always knew you are a caring person!😊

Katte, have a wonderful trip to Montana. It's such a beautiful place!  I'm glad they called you about the hospital job. You'll have something to look forward to when you return home!

Roni, good news about your mammogram!  I know how relieved you are. 

I'm wishing you all a happy and healthy weekend.  Blessings to you all!! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello friends. it's been a good day here. I finished The Dovekeepers. such an interesting book. I love history and this book is an embellishment of a historical event. this book has left a very strong impression on me. today is the first day in a month that it didn't rain. it was good to see sunshine all day.

Snardy, you must be exhausted. I know you've enjoyed your family, but having company for so long is pretty tiring.

Katte, safe travels on you're trip tomorrow. I hope you and your DH have a wonderful reunion with his parents.

Helen, enjoy your daughter's birthday tomorrow. I know you're relieved to have your family safely back together again.

special hellos to RetRN, JustJazzmom, Catwhisperer, Hayfield, Martie, Loves, Fancy, Boyzs, Shorelady and anyone I may have forgotten.

here's a south Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Occasional Contributor

@SleeplessinSD hello and hello to everyone found your little group
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening!

We just got home. We had a great time with our DD. We picked up her best friend from high school who lives on the way.  They were happy to see each other. Then we all went to our daughter's  favorite Italian restaurant for a late lunch. There's a lake behind the condo where she lives, so we all took a walk around before we left. It's been a busy, long day, and I'm really tired. I'll catch up on posts tomorrow. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy day😊

@Sara44, Hi and welcome to our group! I hope you'll join in at any time and let us get to know you. Please come back soon!

@katte, Have a safe, fun trip to Montana visiting your DH's family. We'll be anxious to hear all about it when you return!

Good Night Everyone!❤️🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a lurker on your thread, I decided to read this year's posts.  I found ten active members and some occasional contributors.  Then I found some people who introduced themselves, but the stopped posting after a time or two.  I wonder if they enjoy reading the posts like I do or if they have permanently left.  So if your name is listed below and you'd like to pop in and update us, feel free.

Catty2

Corismom1

Bobbi Sue

roni1

asoutherngirl

shayna

insomniac2

patticakes

seattleshopper1

63chev63

maggie568

jewelwisher

Leeny

DayDay

Sara44

Spammom

Shorelady

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!❤️

image.gif

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

As a lurker on your thread, I decided to read this year's posts.  I found ten active members and some occasional contributors.  Then I found some people who introduced themselves, but the stopped posting after a time or two.  I wonder if they enjoy reading the posts like I do or if they have permanently left.  So if your name is listed below and you'd like to pop in and update us, feel free.

Catty2

Corismom1

Bobbi Sue

roni1

asoutherngirl

shayna

insomniac2

patticakes

seattleshopper1

63chev63

maggie568

jewelwisher

Leeny

DayDay

Sara44

Spammom

Shorelady

good morning Auntg. that's quite an observation you've made. I've often wondered why people would come here and introduce themselves, or post once and then disappear. I know life happens, other things take priority and/or one just loses interest. I know that Spammom, Corismom1 and Shorelady have all had difficult life issues and although Shorelady stops in once in a while, I don't think Corismom1 or Spammom will be back.

as for the others? who knows.

good to see you back Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@Helen47 wrote:

Good Morning!❤️

image.gif

@SleeplessinSD...that would be me this morning. Had a rough night, between neighbors and naughty kitty boy. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Good Sunday morning friends,

DGD and I are getting ready to make cake pops to take to our family gathering.  It's such a pleasure having her here. She brings such joy to our lives!

Helen, it sounds like you had a lovely time with your DD. What would we do without our families?

What plans do you all have for the upcoming week?  Summer has flown by and I know that many of you are looking forward to more temperate weather!!  Fall is one of the loveliest seasons here.  I love fall and making comfort food, setting out my pumpkins and  of course, watching football and just generally enjoying the season. What is your favorite season and why?  

Have a wonderful Sunday and blessings to you all!!❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Super Contributor

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Busy week behind me and a busier one on the way. Taking a break before I get back to work in a few minutes.

The circle of life goes on, regardless of what we may think. Our little community lost one of our members early Friday morning. He was the "go to" guy who would do anything for anyone, including making sure I could get out to medical appts last winter, snowblowing my sidewalk and clearing steps in the middle of a snowstorm. We'll miss him. He was cheerful, and always siling. He lost a daughter to breast cancer last year and he never really got thru it.

One of my dear clients lost her SO on Friday as well. Nick was a good guy, interesting, interested. My heart breaks for her.

And the circle continues. My gorgeous niece had an emergency c-section on Friday morning and delivered her twin boys. All's well, though it was only 35 weeks and they're quite small. Strange names, Poet and Blue, but they live in Santa Barbara, so I guess that accounts for it.

Be gentle with yourselves.

Blessings,

Martie