Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Happy Birthday to Loves DH! DH and DS watch/love Blacklist too! Hmmm...I've never heard of Mrs. Baird apple pie. Is that a Texas brand? I'm sure it's delicious! Maybe similar to our Marie Callendar? DBIL sounds in good spirits😊...I hope you're feeling better too!

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends,

We are having a snow storm and it is just beautiful!  Looking out our windows, the snow falling in the pine trees looks just like we are in the mountains.  The storm is supposed to intensify into a blizzard later this afternoon.  I hope it doesn't get too bad.  We are supposed to get 18 to 24 inches.  

Catty2,  Welcome to our group!  I look forward to getting to know you better.  I sure do remember Arizona storms, especially dust storms. I was in a dust storm once on Scottsdale Road and it was a terrifying experiece.  We also had a monsoon storm and our house flooded.  I do have some nice memories of Arizona, though!

Hayfield,  What a great attitude you have about your DD moving.  It's nice you'll be able to visit now and then.  How is the weather there now?

Helen and Catwhisperer,  Wow!  Some storm you had!  I wonder if that's the one that's on it's way here?  It's so hard to get back to sleep after a storm wakes you up. I hope it's left you now and you are dozing nicely. Smiley Happy

Mocha,  I didn't realize you had a total knee replacement!  Since I had total hip replacements, that particular rebounder might work for me.  I would enjoy that kind of exerise.  I'll check with my doctor. I remember him saying something about jumping. I'm assuming it isn't bothering your knee at all.  

Loves,  Good to hear DBIL is doing ok.  Apple pie sounds good to me too!

Sending warm and healing thoughts to our friends who need them and best wishes to everyone else.  Blessings Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello friends.

I was brave and tasted a venison burger tonight. well, it was actually mixed 2/3 venison to 1/3 ground beef. it was actually really good, and didn't taste weird like I was expecting. I haven't tasted venison since my DH's grandmother made that "trick" roast (the one I thought was a delicious roast beef but was really venison). we have a freezer full of deer meat, so I'm trying to ease into it. actually, I did eat some of the sausage the other day when we made red beans & rice. I guess I have to back track on saying I haven't tasted venison since the trick roast because I've been eating the sausage we have processed for years. but it's the only kind of venison I've eaten other than the roast.

@snardy, you can go to the Bellicon website or Youtube and watch some videos about it. when I had my total knee, my doc recommended any low impact exercise. his concern was not necessarily my new knee, but rather my other knee which was showing some signs of cartilage loss. he suggested walking on grass or soil (rather than on the street or a track). I was really enjoying walking outside for several months when I first started walking a year ago, but the sun and heat became intolerable by June/July and by August I just couldn't handle it anymore. that's when I started researching exercises recommended for people with joint issues and came across information on rebounders.  I couldn't be happier with my choice and now I can walk any time day or night in the security of my home (another issue for me was security since I was walking alone) and don't have to contend with heat, sun or cars.

@SleeplessinSD and @catwhisperer, I saw something on the news tonight about a huge tree that fell onto someone's home in San Diego. no wonder those winds were keeping you both awake.

@Hayfield, I remember when my daughter first moved away from home. I cried so hard I made myself sick. I recall a couple of years of wishing that she would move back home. but over the years I have come to the realization that although I love to have her here for a weekend or a few days, we really don't need to live together anymore Smiley Happy. I know your daughter will enjoy her own place and her new freedom and so will you and your DH.

Katte and Catty2, am I right that you are both in Arizona, or am I getting things mixed up? someone mentioned dust storms and although I've never seen one, I did see something on TV one time about the terrible dust storms during the depression years and they looked really horrible and scary.

@LTT1, happy birthday to your DH! I really like The Blacklist too, and James Spader plays his role to perfection. I hope things are going OK with your DBIL.

Martie, get some rest and feel better. I'm sending special healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Hi to Fancy, RetRN, Corismom, CalQFan.

thinking of Kat.

here's another Biloxi sunset for you. Helen, didn't you say your grandson was born there and you have been to Biloxi?

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD, my post below got much longer than I intended and I forgot to tell you something. I think you mentioned that you take Andrew Lessman's supplements. I do too (several) and when he was on recently he had TS's of ChocoNuvo (dark chocolate squares) and Oatmeal. both products have plant sterol esters added for cholesterol control. 

I got both and really like them. the chocolates are small squares, 26 calories each (and count as 1 point each on WW). they are really very good and taste like any other good dark chocolate with a little hint of bitterness, but very creamy.  the oatmeal tastes much better than I expected. I really prefer steel cut oats and these are rolled oats, but they have a surprisingly good flavor. 

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening!

@MariotaMurielle, When we lived in Central CA., where we raised our kids, one of my very good friends would give us venison meat all packaged up after her DH's hunting trips. We had roasts mainly, and I never really got used to the taste. Maybe I didn't cook it right. That tree that fell on the car was big news out here. The poor driver was killed. The winds caused lots of damage and north of us many lost power. Like I said, it kept me awake. I tried to catch up on rest, but I'm not good at napping. I'll just try and get to bed early. Yes, our DGS was born in Biloxi. We flew there for his birth in 1995. Our SIL was in the Air Force, so we stayed with them on base. He was born in late June, and I just remember it being hot. Whatever, it still will always be a special place and a beautiful memory.

@snardy, Living where we do, snow is just something to read about. I can only imagine how beautiful it must be looking out your window. 18 to 24 inches sounds like a lot. Hopefully, the blizzard predicted won't be bad. Our winds have calmed down now, but it's very cool. We have our fireplace going and Max hasn't moved too far from it. Stay safe and warm....😉

@Catty2, A very warm welcome to our group. I hope you'll be back soon. I think you'll be happy here...

I wanted to let everyone know who have asked about SPAMMOM, that I got an email from her over the weekend. She was having difficulty and in pain with her prosthesis, so they measured her for a new one. She had a fitting and said it was so much better and no pain. She will get it tomorrow and is very excited and hopeful. Please say a prayer for her. She sends love to all....

I'll check in tomorrow night after my shift at the hospital. Waving to all of our friends and sending warm and special thoughts out to MARTIE, Fancy, CorisMom, KAT, Shorelady, and anyone else in need....❤️🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@SleeplessinSD, my post below got much longer than I intended and I forgot to tell you something. I think you mentioned that you take Andrew Lessman's supplements. I do too (several) and when he was on recently he had TS's of ChocoNuovo (dark chocolate squares) and Oatmeal. both products have plant sterol esters added for cholesterol control. 

I got both and really like them. the chocolates are small squares, 26 calories each (and count as 1 point each on WW). they are really very good and taste like any other good dark chocolate with a little hint of bitterness, but very creamy.  the oatmeal tastes much better than I expected. I really prefer steel cut oats and these are rolled oats, but they have a surprisingly good flavor. 

@MariotaMurielle, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to check those out. I take medication for cholesterol; a low dose, so this would be a great addition to that. I like Andrew. I take the Hair, Skin and Nail supplements, and I do think it's made a difference, especially with my hair. It feels strong, thick and healthy. I also tried his Protein powder, that you mix with milk or water for a shake, and it's good too. I hope Daisy had a better day...

~H~
Respected Contributor

good morning friends, and happy FEBRUARY ...

i am afraid i have not been over here to even read your posts, let alone contribute a little something.  

i have gone right from my brother's passing into full time wedding planning, along with trying to encourage and support the nervous and overwhelmed bride!  she is (i dont know if i told y'all this) also in the middle of a big career change right now too, and i am afraid her plate is more than overflowing.  but she is a trooper, and she'll ultimately be fine.  it's just a little rough right now.   the other dd seems to be doing very well, as far as her marriage troubles.  i am so proud of her.  i don't know what the answers will be for her ultimately, but for now she is doing so well and taking care of herself just fine!

i have not wanted to address this at all (denial), but a very dear and cherished friend is quite ill.   he has survived a cancer that most folks succumb to, and was just getting back on his feet and it appears that he now has been hit with something that is (again)  a disease that is fatal.   he had a quiet talk with my bf a while ago, and bf is gently trying to tell me to brace myself for the worst.

boy, this has been a rough year so far.  

@MariotaMurielle, i am  keeping you in my thoughts, and i send nice warm hugs and gentle kisses to your little princess daisy.  

wishing you all a beautiful today, and i continue to hope that my life will someday return to boring and mundane.

have some fun today! 

Heart

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Got up early to be at the gym at 7:30 for my training session with my trainer, then to the grocery store.  This afternoon, it's mani/pedi & facial day!  I had to cancel my apppointment due to the storm, so I'm so excited about going!

Catty2--If I didn't welcome you yet, welcome!  you said you live in Arizona but originally you're from Chicago.  I've always wanted to go the Chicago and Arizona, I'll get there. 

Katte--Welcome also!  I'm a little confused, like Mochahoney.  Are you from Arizona too?

Helen47--I really hate when storms bring high winds too!  I'm always afraid a tree will fall on the house, we have removed quite a few trees over the years, at great expense.  I'm also always worried that the wind will be the lines down and we'll lose power.  I hope you have a good day at the hospital today.

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning  Everyone

@MariotaMurielle Yes I do live in Arizona, about 90 minutes outside of Tucson in a high desert community, elevation about 4800 ft.  Have lived here for 23 years and really enjoy it.  The mountains are beautiful.  They are covered with snow right now as we just had a cold spell pass through our area.  It's not snowing right now, but it is plenty cold. Thanks for the info regarding the rebounder.  Good to know.

@SleeplessinSD It sounds like you had some bad weather too.  Our winds here were terrible, over 60 miles an hour, kind of scary.  Thank goodness they have diminished. I can take the rain and snow, but hate when it's real windy.

@Catty2 Welcome to our group.  I am fairly new also, look forward to chatting with you. I see you live in Phoenix.  I understand the hot weather as I grew up in Yuma, AZ.

Everyone have a great day.  Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Trusted Contributor

@Hayfield Good Morning - I don't think we've had the opportunity of chatting very much.  Yes, I live outside of Tucson, the southeastern corner of Arizona in a high desert community of 4800 ft.  We get snow here from time to time, in fact just had a storm pass through and now the mountains are covered in snow, really pretty.  Look forward to chatting with you and getting to know more about you.