Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD  Hi -Yes I got my Luminara candles today and they are so nice!  I got the red as I have red accents throughout the house.  I have two on the mantle and the other two are also displayed in the family room.  They are so realistic and add a calming effect in the room. I'm glad I got them, even though I had doubts about spending the money.  I now have these four and another Luminara lantern candle.  So my collection has begun. Smiley Happy  Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!

I had a good day volunteering today.  Blake's eye is starting to look a lot better since starting those steroid pills.  He is such a sweetheart about taking his medicine and letting me put the salve in his eye.  Such a good patient. Smiley Happy

I actually finished my Christmas shopping yesterday, Yay!!  I just have to wrap DHs gifts and my DBs gifts and that's it.  I finished early this year. 

Now, I am going to start getting the house in order for Christmas and do some baking.  Our weather is supposed to be a little warmer towards the weekend, in the low 70s. Weird for December. 

Wishing everyone a blessed night.  Enjoy your evening.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@katte, Sounds like you had a great day wth good news all around. Your candles, I'm sure, are beautiful! I don't have any red Luminara candles, although I have some that are red. Yes, I think you're hooked, just like a few of us here! That's such good news Blake is improving. What a relief! I've done a lot of ordering online for gifts. Some have arrived, some haven't. I think I'm nearing the end.  Such a good feeling to be done, so you can now enjoy doing fun things like baking. Have a great rest of the evening!😊

~H~
Trusted Contributor

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I had a nice time with my friend yesterday.  We had lunch and then went to see "Allied" with Brad Pitt & Mariion Cotillard, it's a World War 2 movie and we both liked it.  Today I have a doctor's appointment, then it's Xmas shopping.  I hope that everyone has a great day.

Lovestoteach--I cancelled my NYC trip since I've just been up there and then to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving and decided I was just too tired to go up.  When I planned the trip I thought it would be O.K. but by last week I decided to just stay here.  I've been up to NYC 4 times this year, so I thought I'd pass this time.  I'm enjoying the extra time around the house and I didn't get up until 7:30.  Last week, since I worked to much I was up at 5:30 every morning and that got old.  

Puddles--Congratulations on selling your flat!  I do hope all goes well and that you'll be back in the USA soon!

Helen47--You patio looks so inviting!

Katte--I'm going to go shopping today after my doctor's appointment, DD sent me a list of things she wants for her new apartment.  DS hasn't told me what he wanted, he may just get money!  DH hasn't picked out anything yet, so I'm behind!  I have two good friends that have birthdays in December that I've already gotten all their gifts, just got to wrap them.  

Trusted Contributor

@Hayfield  Good Morning - You are a busy "gal".  I haven't been to the movies in awhile.  It seems like other things seem to pop up and take priority.   I know there are some good movies coming up pretty soon.  Looks like you and your friend had a good time.  I saw the previews of the movie Allied and it looked good.  Sounds like your day is going to be pretty full, but fun. Have fun and enjoy your time shopping!

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

I am thinking of you today and wishing all goes smoothly for your appointment❤️❤️

How did your cookie exchange change GO last night? Those filled pastries won the award, I'm sure!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good MorningIt is really cold here in the low 20's.  I need to get the humidifier out today.  I am home today and right now have Moonstruck on with Cher.   It's a great movie.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Enjoy your day.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

good morning y'all.

DH has gone to deer camp so I had trouble getting to sleep last night. the cookie exchange was fun. there were about 25 women there...way too much cookie tasting going on Smiley Happy

my cookies didn't win this time, but my sausage/cream cheese puffs were a big hit.

DH has had this hunting trip planned ever since they canceled his surgery last month. he offered to cancel and go with me for my biopsy today, but I told him this may be his only opportunity to hunt this year and I didn't want him to cancel. I'll be fine. it's really not the procedure I'm concerned about. I can handle that. it's the other part, the waiting for results that has me a little anxious.

the cookie exchange was at my pastor's house last night and before he left to take his children away from all the cookie madness, I had a brief discussion with him about the biopsy and he said a special prayer for me. I feel a little more at peace with whatever the outcome will be. after all, it is what it is, right?

I just have to keep repeating my own personal lifelong motto to myself: be brave, be brave...

so I'm off to get ready to go.

I'll be back later...

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@MariotaMurielle@Katcat1@katte@Hayfield

IMG_4836.JPG

@MariotaMurielle

I posted this last year in the Classics discussion and I think you liked it. This is in my "stash" -- and I love it! I hope all of you do too!

"Winterberry" is my favorite source for pictures to share/post.

Instead of posting them here (I love sharing them with all if you) I am going to continue to post them in their "full glory" which LARGE size. If anyone is in the mood to look and or post this kind of thing, I will either start a "Classic" thread or a "Classic Plaids" thread. It will have the word "classic" in it.

I promise I will keep mine here SMALL, but I want to insure you that I do enjoy your pictures in whatever size you go with! 

@MariotaMurielle

I have rediscovered some in my stash that look like more your colors. But, the one above though sweet, it is evil because it makes me want to redo my entire house in those colors!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMuriellePrayers coming your way.  I like to stay optimistic and I know everything will be okay.  You are right, the waiting for the test results is worse than the test itself.  I have been there.  Take good care and do things to occupy your mind, my friend.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength