Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Good Afternoon!  We just got back a couple of hours ago and I wanted to let you know.  We had a great time and I'll be back  with more details!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

happy Saturday y'all. it's a beautiful day here, but a little warmer than yesterday. today had been a lazy one because I didn't get to sleep until about 4:30 this morning, so I'm dragging. it was almost funny, in a ridiculous, irritating sort of way. I was having an intense restless legs episode and DH was snoring like a grizzly bear. that's not a good combination. I got up and walked around the house a couple of times, then finally at 3am I got my pillow and laid down on the couch. I could still hear DH snoring so I closed our bedroom door and could still hear him. finally around 4, I decided to go to the guest bedroom and that's where I slept until 8:30.

this will be a football-watching kind of evening. Loves's team (Texas A&M) and my team (Alabama ) are playing and the game just started. then Mississippi State plays tonight. DH is cooking on the grill for our supper, so I don't have to move off the couch if I don't want to Smiley Happy

Hayfield, I'm glad you're back and can't wait to hear about your trip.

enjoy this beautiful day we've been blessed with, everyone.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon everyone and happy Saturday!!! 🎃 I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the weekend!

I did some ironing and housework and now I'm watching the Nebraska football game. 

Katte, I am so happy to hear your good news. I went through the same thing once and I know how relieved you are. Your hospital job sounds like something I would enjoy doing. Take care!

Catwhisperer, oh my, I am so sorry to hear about the fire!  I'm so glad you and the kitties are ok. Did you go to urgent care? It is worrisome that you inhaled a lot of smoke. You certainly have had your share of troubles lately. I hope you are feeling better and that DH is doing ok. Blessings to you! ❤️

Mochahoney,  I'm glad DH has a surgery date. I know you will be glad when the surgery is over!  Your porch looks great. I love the way you decorated it. I only do the inside of our house. I'd like to do my porch like yours. I love Soft Surroundings. I find it a little expensive though. One of my friends buys a lot of things there and they look so nice. 

KatCat, it's good hearing from you. I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing health issues. Take care!

Helen, what a pretty picture of the birds with the fall leaves. I love all the things you post. I hope you are having a nice weekend.  How's Max?  We still miss our doggies so much. 

Hayfield, Hi! Welcome back. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

This post is acting up. I'm going to sign off before I loose it. Hi to everyone else and blessings to all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Good evening! A rainy windy day here. Spent it inside and binged on some DVR'd shows.

Welcone back @Hayfield. Looking forward to hearing how your trip was.

Now to make sone dinner here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield, Welcome back! Ive missed your early morning posts. Are you still on vacation, or are you scheduled to go back to work? I'm anxious to hear all about your trip. I think in your last post you also said that your DH had met DD's bf. Sounds like it went pretty well too...that's wonderful!😊

@snardy, you've been much busier than me today. I did make a trip to Trader Joe's...I picked up a pumpkin sticky cake. I had heard it was delicious! We'll try it this weekend. I almost didn't buy it...let's just say it's not on my diet😉  Max is great! I want to buy him something to wear for Halloween. I don't know if he'll cooperate, but I'll share if I do!

@MariotaMurielle, I'm sure you're moving slow today. I know what it's like to have sleepless nights too. I'm learning I'm a very light sleeper, so the slightest noise keeps me awake. My DH snores too. It usually means I get up and find a quieter place. It doesn't always work, because by then my mind won't turn off...sigh. I hope you have better luck tonight...

I hope everyone had a good day. It was still a little warm here today but not bad. Waving Hi to Everyone and sending you all wishes for a safe, relaxing rest of the evening.❤️

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

have a peaceful evening y'all.

this is a sunset in Gautier, shrimp boats coming in.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all.....I was still not feeling well this morning so went to Minute Clinic. Found out they did not accept my insurance and was told to go to Urgent Care at the hospital where DH is at. Got there and the parking structure was closed. Had to park elsewhere and walk a ways to the hospital. By that time I was so angry that I decided to just go see him and maybe being in the A/C would help me feel better. Stayed there almost two hours and felt okay, so came home. Slept awhile this afternoon and feel okay now.

After reflecting on what happened the other night with the fire, I just wanted to share some thoughts. With the help of my downstairs neighbor, I was able to get myself and the cats outside safely. She had to go check on her own family and pets. As I sat outside my apt. on a chair with the cats in their carriers beside me, not one person came over to see if I was okay or needed anything. I was sitting there crying. All the neighbors as well as half the neighborhood were standing outside just gawking at me. Maybe they were just all in shock like I was, I don't know. The whole situation was just scary and sad. Thank goodness for my downstairs neighbor for being proactive and coming up to help me since no one else did.

Good learning experience. Get to know your neighbors. Check on them. If you trust them enough, give them your phone number in case of emergency. 

Edited to add, all of this was caused by a careless person tossing a lit cigarette. I am so angry.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, again, I'm sorry for all you've been going through. It makes me angry to know the fire was caused by some careless person tossing a cigarette.😡 Your advice to get to know your neighbors is good. Unfortunately,  in this day and age many people don't. We've lived here over 15 years. We only know our immediate neighbors across the street and next door. We have a lot of renters on our street and they come and go. Other neighbors are young with small children and work, so other than waving, we don't know them. How sad that only your downstairs neighbor bothered to help in some way, at the very least to offer a kind word, especially seeing you were alone. I hope you are feeling better today.❤️🙏

~H~
Honored Contributor

IMG_7339.JPG

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD.....yes, I am feeling better today, thanks. I totally know what you mean about neighbors. Most in here don't speak to anyone at all. Some will say "Hello", but that's it. When we lived in my inlaw's house for 8 yrs., I was only friendly with the lady across the street. I tried to be friendly with some of the other neighbors, but that didn't work out so well. People don't want to get involved. They just want to stay in their own worlds. Oh well. It is what it is. I am dealing with that same situation right now with family members. No one wants to be involved and help me with DH's situation. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.