Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@Katcat1, hi there. take a look at my post directly under yours to see my reply to you Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Hi - The ladies have mentioned you several times in their posts, wondering how you were and hoping you were doing okay as they hadn't heard from you.  I know they are so happy that you're back, and so am I.   Everyone has missed you.  I am fairly new to the site.  I have been posting for almost a year and have made a lot of new friends.  Everyone is so nice, I feel like we are close friends.  I post almost every day and enjoy our conversations.  I am sure it has been a tedious road for you regarding your health issues, but it sounds like things are starting to get a little better.  It is fairly warm in Arizona today, a little windy.  Our weather has been a little warm for October.  Your cat Ava sounds adorable. I have two rescue dogs, Blake and Bailey.  They are a pointer lab mix.  Warm thoughts are being sent your way.  Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good Late Afternoon Everyone!

Our DS's family and DGS are coming over around 5 to watch playoffs. We're ordering food because it's too HOT to cook! I've been busy trying to get things done around here from my busy last weekend. I guess I'm slow, because I'm still not done! I'll try and catch up with everyone later tonight if I can...

@Katcat1, I'm glad you found us. We're not starting new threads every month like before, so it should be easy to reply now. I'm so sorry you're still having medical issues. Hopefully, the epidural will help. Who'd have thought you'd be going through all this after your hip surgery two years later.  I do hope you have someone nearby to help you. I know your Ava is there to bring you "joy" and keep you company. Again, we've all missed you and are so happy you're back...😊

@LTT1, I've been meaning to ask what our LaLexie and Luke are "wearing" for Halloween...they're at the cutest ages for dressing up! 

@MariotaMurielle, I keep forgetting to ask you how it's going with your hair. I'd just use some powder cover up on your grey until you see your stylist. There's a number of good ones. This definitely is the worse part/time of going natural...you've made it this far, so good luck hanging in there!

@snardy, We've never done an Alaskan cruise, but have heard it's beautiful too. We're going to try and schedule it in July for my birthday. Our son has been a couple times and will help DH plan it...I can't wait!

Waving Hi to Everyone! BBL!😊❤️

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hi y'all. heavy rain was in the forecast for today, but it didn't happen in our area. they are also forecasting a temperature drop tonight. I wonder if they'll be wrong about that too Smiley Happy. I hope it's a true forecast, though. it was so hot and humid today. I did get my scarecrow and fake pumpkins put out by the front door but I need to get some pretty mums to add.

@SleeplessinSD, I've been using that Wow powdered hair color on my part to try to disguise the streak. right now I'm at that stage that looks like I've missed an appointment or 2  Smiley Happy.

DH got a phone call this evening from the neurosurgeon's office. they have scheduled his surgery for November 8, election day. I guess I need to find out how to submit an absentee vote Smiley Happy. I'm just so glad we finally have a date. of course, the first thing he said is "this is going to mess up hunting season for me". but he's so ready to get this over with so he can hopefully get on with normal activities without being in pain.

I'm sending good thoughts and blessing out to all of you.

here's a Deer Island sunset, just off the coast from Biloxi.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Mochahoney I am very sorry to hear about your sweet Princess Daisy.  I know she is looking upon you from heaven.  I let my hair grow out maybe 4 or 5 years ago,  It was salt & pepper and still is but a little more salt.  It's healthy, shiny and I love it and DO NOT miss coloring it.  I had my hair cut very short and let it did not take long for it to grow out.  I still wear my hair short but somewhat longer layers.  I probably get a haircut every 2-1/2 months or so.  I am thinking about moving.  The building I am currently had the elevator down for 5 weeks and I was not walking well at the time.  Luckily people would take my rolator up the stairs and carry packages for me.  I live on the 2nd floor.  Some older women on the 3rd floor could not get out at all.  I was so mad that we had to wait so long for a part (that should never happen in a Sr. building).  I have a friend I grew up with that lives 20 miles west of where I live and the town has a river running through it.  It is less populated but still has Target & Walmart and I can always drive to other malls.  I hope you husband is doing well.  Back problems can be so debilitating.  I hope you have a wonderful evening.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Katte,  I have relatives in Arizona.  I had 2 in Sun City West and 1 in Scottsdale.  Now they are all in Tempe.  I was in Arizona a couple of times.  The first time it was too hot for me and I cut my vacation short and came home.  The second time I visited in early Feb. and it was beautiful.  I truly enjoyed the resorts in Scottsdale (visiting).  Welcome to the group.  The ladies are wonderful people and so caring.  Enjoy your evening.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Helen,  You are having the hot weather too?  I know LA had close to 90 today.  I am so glad fall weather is finally here although we did have 2 warmer days earlier this week.  I love the 50's and low 60's.  I bought some new suede boots for fall so you know I had to wear them today.  I did spray to weather proof.  I still need at least a cane to walk, basically, for balance.  I don't walk regularly like I use to.  It seems the hip surgery was the end of me being normal but I just go with the flow and take care of medical issues one at a time.  Ava is a comfort to me.  How is your chocolate Lab?  I am sorry but I forgot his name but it's been a long time.  It sounds you will have a good time tonight -- enjoy yourself.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  I was born and raised in Arizona. DH and I live in the Southeastern portion of the state.  It doesn't get as hot as Phoenix or Tucson, thank goodness.  We live in a high desert community surrounded by mountains and we enjoy all four seasons here, meaning we do get snow in the winter, but not a lot.  It is really pretty here.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Waving Hi to everyone.

I'm sure you all tired of hearing about all my gloom and doom, but you are not going to believe this. After all I have been dealing with, it gets worse. We had a fire tonight in our apt. complex downstairs from my apt. I was freaking out getting out the cat carriers and trying to round up the cats. I got my big boy real fast, but my other one ran and hid. My neighbor ran to my apt.to help me. We got the other kitty, but in the meantime, I inhaled a lot of smoke. I don't care. I'm just glad my cats are okay.

My apt. manager took the cats and me down to her apt. until I calmed down. I guess I will be up all night, as I have a lot of fans going and doors open to get the smoke out. Scary. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer - OMG, How terrible!!!!   How are you feeling?  I must say, you have been dealt a lot in the past few weeks.  Was your apartment damaged in any way, or just from the smoke, which is enough in itself   Hopefully this is the end of bad events in your life and things will get better.  They have too!!!  Please take care of yourself. I am so glad your cats are okay.  Let us know how you are doing. Smiley Happy