Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@Helen47 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Good afternoon! Raining here, and we need a good daylong soaking rain. 

Tomorrow we pack for our weeklong trip! So excited and hope we have good weather for leaf peeping and history viewing.

@SleeplessinSD Which top did you buy from the Loyis Dell Olio show? He is the best designer at the Q along with Bob Mackie. Mackie has some very nice print tops that coordinate well with some of the LDO bottoms.

Have a load of wash going now. Have a wonderful Friday!

@JustJazzmom, I got the lace up hoodie in grey...I agree, I love his clothes!

I don't have that one but everyone who bought that color likes it a lot.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Happy Friday everyone,

The weather is definitely fall-ish here today which is very nice. DH and I went to breakfast today and got our flu shots. I hope we don't get a reaction. DH got a reaction last year but he had his pneumonia vaccine at the same time. I'm going to get my pneumonia vaccination in a few weeks. No plans for the weekend except watching football!

Catwhisperer, how is DH today?  I sure hope he will continue to show improvement.  It's so cute that he had a conversation with kitty! I know the cats miss him. I hope things have calmed down in your area now. 

Mocha,  I loved the turkey picture. We have wild turkeys in our yard everyday. It always amazes me that they can fly, as big as they are. Sometimes the mamas bring their chicks by. They are so cute and fuzzy. That's such a sweet picture of you and your mother with the horse.  I have some Eve Pearl lipstick that I love, but I haven't gotten any of her other products. I probably don't need any makeup for 50 years! 😊

Loves, my friend and I did some planning for our trip at lunch. Sounds like you had some great girlfriend trips back when!  

Katte,  how was your day at the hospital today? Any weekend plans?

Helen, when is your anniversary? I know you will enjoy your new del Olio top. I love his clothes. They are about the only clothes I buy on the Q anymore. Have a great weekend!

Hayfield, what kind of fall decorations do you have?  I'm sure you are getting excited for your trip!

JustJazzmom,  I know you are excited for your trip. Anticipation is half the fun!

Wishing you all a happy weekend. Blessings! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Waving Hi! to everyone.

DH is now back in the nursing home and is not a happy camper.  He got agitated with me and with the doctor today. The doctor ordered a psych eval for this afternoon. This is all very frustrating. Smiley Sad

Things got pretty ugly last night down the road from us. All businesses in the area have been asked to close down for the weekend. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snardy  I worked at the Wellness Depot today.  I will start at the hospital in a couple of weeks.  It was an enjoyable day.  There is a place close to where we live called the bird sanctuary.  It is only about 3-4 miles from where we live up in the mountains.  We have been there many times and often times go a for hike and thoroughly enjoy the birds and the wildlife. The turkey and deer are everywhere and so neat to watch.  I love the outdoors and enjoy that environment.  When I was growing up we went camping and fishing a lot and I still enjoy it, although DH and I haven't been camping and fishing in awhile.  We had quite a rainy today, but now it looks like it is starting to clear up. We are having a simple dinner tonight, pot pies.  I fix those once in awhile and DH enjoys them.  I haven't got my pneumonia shot yet, I'm like you and have decided to wait a little longer.  I'm signing off for now, but I will check back with everyone later. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Waving Hi! to everyone.

DH is now back in the nursing home and is not a happy camper.  He got agitated with me and with the doctor today. The doctor ordered a psych eval for this afternoon. This is all very frustrating. Smiley Sad

Things got pretty ugly last night down the road from us. All businesses in the area have been asked to close down for the weekend. 

@catwhisperer, and they just released the video of the shooting. Im glad businesses there will be closed. Too bad for them though. I'm sorry all this is happening so close to you. You're dealing with enough. I hope the psych evaluation will help the doctors decide what best course to take for your DH going forward...prayers🙏❤️

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  I'm glad DH is back at the nursing home and out of critical care.  I know this will take time and I'm sure DH is frustrated and scared just as you are.  Hopefully the psych evaluation will reveal something positive and they can use that information towards his treatment and recovery.  My thoughts are with you.

Respected Contributor

good evening friends. since the weather has been so nice, DH decided he would go fishing this morning. he has a friend who lives in the country and has a large lake, so he left about 7:30 this morning and met his friend at the lake and fished until about 1pm. they caught quite a few brim, and he stopped in at the patrol office he used to work out of and gave them away to some people there.

I got out of the house a little today too. went to the post office to mail something I sold on eBay and the Eve Pearl makeup & Dafni hair straightener. I was pretty disappointed in both of those items. the library got the book in that I requested, so I stopped and picked it up.  tomorrow morning we are planning to go to a fall festival held at an Episcopal church called The Chapel of The Cross. it's a beautiful chapel built in 1848 in a town about 25 miles north of us. it will be cool in the morning and should be a beautiful day for the festival.

I'm sending hellos and blessings to all.

here's a Mississippi delta farm sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm working today, so everyone, have a great day!

Snardy--My Fall decorations are mostly Halloween decorations, I do have some plain pumpkins that I keep out for Thanksgiving.  I'm a big Halloween fan!  I am excited about our trip and I'm sooo looking forward to going to Sleepy Hollow and doing some "Halloween" theme activites.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!

IMG_7167.JPG

~H~
Honored Contributor

IMG_7168.JPG

~H~