Trusted Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

Hi to Everyone!

@MariotaMurielle   What a way to start the morning with nice, cool weather. Smiley Happy  Our weather has cooled off a lot and it's nice too.  I have put out some of my Fall decorations and this weekend I will put out some Halloween decorations.  I love decorating for the holiday seasons. 

I was supposed to get my hair cut and highlighted Saturday, but the person that does my hair cracked four ribs horseback riding and will be out for another 2-3 weeks.  The salon asked if I would like to schedule it with another person and I said yes, so I am supposed to have it done next Tuesday, but it's driving me nuts, so I'm thinking of calling and asking if I can get it done today or tomorrow.  I am a little nervous about having someone else do my hair as I have been having my hair done by the same person for over 20 years. Smiley Happy

I have a few things to do today, plus the usual around the house.  I have been fighting off a sore throat for 2-3 days and I am starting to feel better.  I think the flu shot helped keep whatever was trying to grab me away. 

Sounds like everyone is busy.  @catwhisperer  Thinking of you and DH. 

I will close for now, but I will check in later. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Good morning everyone!! 

Just stopping in to wish you all a happy Thursday!! BBL

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@MartieHugs

I will bet your hair color looks beautiful!

@SleeplessinSD

Yep, LaLEXI really doesn't eat, that we can see. Apparently she does eat well at school. Her late evening hours are pretty grumpy! LUKEY-POO!💩 eats anything and everything-- he is NOT a morning person!

@catwhisperer

The situation out there looks tense. Your plate is full. Please stay safe.

@MariotaMurielle

WOW isn't it nice to go outside and feel cool breezes?

@snardy

The hair loss is happening to me too, as all of you probably know because far be it from me to not complain! Wouldn't I love it to get some answers! 

This reminds me, I need to go and get a few things done! How did I ever keep track of all this stuff when I worked? BBL❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

while running errands in civilization yesterday I went to my favorite consignment shop and found this very large framed print for $28. we love wildlife prints and this one is a signed & numbered American Wild Turkey Federation print and I think it's beautiful.

photo f67948f1-325f-4fc4-b40c-2ee20737b8ce.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, Great picture! Reminds me of where my brother lives, Sacramento...the turkeys run wild! He sees them from his window. I think he told me they're even  protected😉! 

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

love the art! Looks like your colors, too, from what I can tell!

@snardy

Have fun with your friend tomorrow for lunch! The times in the past that I have traveled with girlfriends were back in the day. We drove to FL and went to the Bahamas. All 8 of us cramped in one room. Had lots of fun! (Nobody was able to get fully made up due to lack of amenities!

@katte

I guess you will be working tomorrow at the hospital in the area you like!

@Hayfield

Are you going to meet up with JJM? Oh what a blast!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

DH is being transferred back to the nursing home today. All his tests came back normal. No stroke, no head injuries. He's very weak, so hopefully more PT will make him stronger.

DH called me last night and talked to kitty on the phone. My big kitty boy was so happy to hear DH's voice, he started rubbing all over the phone and licking it. Cat LOL

It's been quite a day around my neighborhood today with police activity, along with what is happening down the road from us. Very scary. I'm staying inside my apt. with all the doors and windows locked.

Have a good evening all.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

DH is being transferred back to the nursing home today. All his tests came back normal. No stroke, no head injuries. He's very weak, so hopefully more PT will make him stronger.

DH called me last night and talked to kitty on the phone. My big kitty boy was so happy to hear DH's voice, he started rubbing all over the phone and licking it. Cat LOL

It's been quite a day around my neighborhood today with police activity, along with what is happening down the road from us. Very scary. I'm staying inside my apt. with all the doors and windows locked.

Have a good evening all.

@catwhisperer, that's great news on DH. Hopefully, getting back on a regular schedule of physical therapy will help and get him home soon. How sweet to have him talk to your kitty.😊 I'm sure it made them both happy. I'm glad you're staying safe indoors with all that's going on around here. It doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon...

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening friends. it's been a beautiful day here today.  I spent the day doing various projects. a little laundry. a little eBay listing. a little FB throwback Thursday photo posting.

we did home made pizza for supper and it was delish.

@catwhisperer, your post about your DH talking to the kitty on the phone and kitty's reaction made me smile. it sounds like he's getting better.

sending special hellos and blessings to all.

here's one of my throwback pics. my mom and me in Texas, 1953.

here's a Pass Christian sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13724981_597829370401117_5767550750904533878_o.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

DH and DS went to the final Padre baseball game of the season, so it's just me and Max hanging out. Earlier, I watched the Louis del Olio show and bought a top. I've been so good about not buying anything, but I couldn't resist.  I justified it by telling myself I'd wear it for our anniversary😉

@MariotaMurielle, I love your photos! You must have been a toddler in 1953. I read your message of having coffee with your DH on the deck. When DH is home, usually weekends, we do that too. I read it was National Coffee day today, not that I need a reason! I'm glad you're enjoying some nice weather. You mentioned the Eve Pearl TSV and the brush, I forget the name. I'm interested to hear if you're liking them more, especially the brush. It's expensive, but thought it would be good for me to help straighten my curly hair...let me know.

@katte, Did you change your hair appointment? I don't blame you for being nervous about going to someone new. I'm hearing of more people getting sick after getting the flu shot. I hope you continue to feel better...

Im going to take Max out front for a short walk down the street. I think DH will be home too late, and Max is sitting by the front door staring at me, Lol! Waving Hi to Everyone....Good Night!❤️

~H~