Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle, I avoid freeways if at all possible. You'd think I'd be used to them having lived in Southern CA. most of my life. People drive so fast and there's some crazy drivers! I'm glad you made it home safe. I need to get that Shingles shot, especially hearing about your stepmother. I get vertigo every once in a while for no reason. I think you mentioned before she's in a retirement place. I'm sure that eases your mind for her safety...

@catwhisperer, thanks, our  hospital has many volunteers, men and women. Some come in daily and donate a lot of their time.  There may come a day when I will want to volunteer more than what I do. There's always a need....

@LTT1, Where I walk, at a park near my house, they practice soccer at all ages. I love watching the young ones, like Lexie; they're so cute kicking that ball! I think she'll love it! I think some kids, especially girls, have little appetites. Sounds like you had a great visit and I'm glad you're back safe. I hate driving in unfamiliar places too....

@MartieHugs, I'd love to see a picture of your new hair color. If I remember you saying, wasn't it blonde? I'm sure it just will take time to get used to. Glad things are slowing down for you a bit...I hope you're feeling better/stronger each day. I don't watch Gotham...

@Hayfield, I think getting your roof done now and waiting on your windows is a great idea. Winter will be here before we know it, and you don't want to worry about your roof! I was wondering if your DD was still dating. Sounds like it could be serious, but I know your glad they're taking things slow. It will be nice for your DH to meet him too..has he met your DS?

Waving Hi to everyone...wishing you all a safe, peaceful night.❤️

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@snardy  Hi - Thank you.  So far everything is going well.  I enjoy meeting new people and doing what I can to help them.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@snardy, I wish I had some good advice for you about traveling with your friend and her daughter, but I've never done anything like that either. and I agree about being away from my DH. I don't like it either.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I've traveled with my sister(s) many  times, but that's different than with a friend. I'd want my own room, I think. After being together all day, I'd enjoy the alone time at night. I'm sure you'll have fun. I still find it hard to be away from my DH too, although he encourages me to go and not worry. I hope the vitamins and diet help with your hair loss. You'll be in my thoughts; I'm sure it's worrisome.😔

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It's raining really hard today and it's going to rain all day.  I'm working put prepared with my boots extra socks, etc.  

Snardy--I have a few  good friends that I take one and two day trips so sharing a room isn't a problem, I make sure we get a room with two double beds!  The friends I travel with I've known a long time and we think a like as far as activities and such.  I doubt that I would travel with a friend who brought their daughter along though, unless I brought mine but if you know this friend and her daughter well, then use our own best judgement.  Unlike so many of the ladies here, I don't have a problem leaving my DH behind!!! In fact the things I do with my friends are the things my DH isn't really isn't really interested in doing.  He's gone deep sea fishing a few times with the guys, so again, I don't want to do that!!!!  When he's gone, I treasure my alone time, I really like being alone.  I don't know if I'd like to be alone full time but a few days here & there are great!!!!

Respected Contributor

Helen47--Yes, DD is still dating the young man I met.  DH will meet him in a couple of weeks, if they're still together!  You never know!  DS most likely won't meet him unless they date long term.  DD's boyfriend is from Ohio and he'll be going there for the holidays when DS is here.  This young man goes home to spend the holidays with his family, which he sound be doing.  Someone actually asked me if we were inviting him to our holiday festivities and I said "no", they haven't been dating that long and his family lives in another state, so he needs to go there.  If they do end up together the other reality is that we won't be spending all our holidays together anymore, but, again, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.   I have been spoiled since both of my children haven't been involved with anyone else long term I haven't had to "share" them.  

Respected Contributor

Lovestoteach--I have a friend who has two daughters, then one daughter got married and she has a granddaughter and her daughters and granddaughter don't eat that much but her SIL eats constantly and she really complains about the money she has to spend on food when they visit.   I just laugh at her since I had one boy and one girl and my DS eats like a truck drive.  I told her that's what boys do!!!!

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney & Helen47--Yes, I hate interstate driving, the Beltway here & I-95 make me very nervous and I avoid them as much as I can.  I really don't like driving at night either.  

Esteemed Contributor

good morning! DH put on my coffee this morning and as soon as I got up he said I needed to get my cup and come outside with him. I didn't know what was going on but got my coffee and went out on the deck with him. as soon as I did I was transported to the mountains (in my mind Smiley Happy ) because it was so cool and breezy. oh my goodness what a beautiful morning. it's in the high 50s with sunny skies and little breeze. I know it won't last, but what a great way to start the day.

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/autumn/smileys-autumn-732782.gif

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE Smiley Happy