Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon! My sister is here! She had a bad weekend, so during our phone call this morning, she decided to drive out. DS is coming by in a while

to see his Aunt, and we'll probably all watch the "news event" of the evening.😉 @LTT1, so good to hear from you! I'm sorry your DD is sick. Thank goodness you and your DH are there to help with Lexie and Lucas. How are they? I love that photo too and would like a print! @Hayfield, I forgot about your trip. So much planning, but you're the best!...stop in whenever you get a break. We miss your posts! @snardy, It's HOT out here! I'm so jealous of your weather. Thank you for thinking of me!❤️ I'll be back sometime later to catch up with everyone. I think my sister will leave in the morning....😊

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

I mean, the Lisa Holloway picture. 😎

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD

I mean, the Lisa Holloway picture. 😎

I thought so...😊

image.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening friends. I'm still trying to get my groove back Smiley Happy but these allergies kind of have me down. I don't feel sick, I'm just having an awful time with the sneezing and itchy eyes, runny nose. and allergies make me feel tired. but I'm not sick and I'm so glad.

I just did a little work around the house today, did some laundry and cooked a big supper. I'm almost through with my book, and it's been a really good one (All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr). I'll have to figure out what I want to read next.

I've almost decided I want to start the process of growing out my gray hair. I know, I know....I've said that before. it's something I've thought about for several years now and I'm almost at that point where I think I'm ready. I think it will take about 1 1/2 to 2 years to fully transition. I have my 50th (OMG, yes. 50th) high school reunion in 2019. if I start now, it will be all over with by then. if I wait and I don't do it now, then I might as well commit to NOT doing it until after 2019. I have an appointment coming up in about 3 weeks for a cut and color. I need to make a decision to either keep that appointment or cancel. I've been watching Youtube videos about growing out the gray and reading blogs and FB forums about it. pondering.......

@catwhisperer, you and your DH are in my thoughts. I hope things are getting better.

Helen, I hope your sister is feeling better. I know she appreciates your support. Loves, have a safe trip home. I'm sorry your DD was sick, but glad you and DH were there to help.I had no idea there is a Youtube site for children. of course LaLexi would know all about that Smiley Happy . Justjazzmom, October is a beautiful month for travel in the east. I hope you and Hayfield do get a chance to meet. Hayfield, I know you said you've been busy planning your trip. I can't remember where you're going this time. someplace really good, I'm sure. Snardy, how fun that you're planning a trip to Santa Fe with your friend. I'm so envious of the fall weather you're having. I have some friends who are in Colorado right now and they have all said how spectacular the scenery is and how beautiful the weather has been. Katte, I hope your mammogram wasn't too terrible. I postponed my annual GYN appointment last week when I was sick and have rescheduled for late October. I think the recommendation for women 65 and over is that a yearly mammogram is not necessary unless there are problems, so I don't think I'll have to have one this time.

RetRN, I hope you're enjoying cooler weather in your area too. I know you enjoy fall like I do. Martie, I'm thinking of you and sending lots of good vibes your way. I saw your new precious twin great-nephews on FB. they are beautiful & such a blessing.

hi to Fancy, Boyzs, Shorelady and all our dear friends.

here's a Pass Christian, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I don't think the prayers are helping , but thanks anyway. Things are going from bad to worse.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been sleeping so well lately, but not tonight. or this morning. or whatever it is right now.

@catwhisperer, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help.

right now I'm watching Jillian, who used to be the Prescriptives rep and has since apparently been an on-air rep for a couple of different companies. I always liked her. she is funny and seems like a very kind person. they're selling Laura Geller products and the host called her the "artistry" expert (or something like that). I love a smoky eye look, but dang, she's taken it to the extreme. I guess that's an ok look for 3 am. Smiley Happy

Image result for can't sleep emoticon

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Yesterday was cloudy and icky and I'm so glad I'm off today and tomorrow.  The tempertures are cooler but unfortunately it's still a little humid, so I hope the humidity goes away since I'm working this weekend.  I have to go back and read everyone's posts, I am behind and it will take a while to catch up.  

My trip--Well, we usually go away for my birthday in October and I wasn't sure what we were going to do and so between looking at hotels, trying to use my Marriott points and looking into other things we wanted to do, planning got to be overwhelming.  We're heading up north since it's Fall and we're going to be driving.  Our first stop is in Queens on my birthday to have dinner with DS since I haven't spent my birthday with him in ages.  I found a Italian restaurant in Queens that I think will be nice.  The next morning we're heading to Newport, RI, I've never seen the big mansions and I've always wanted to do that, we'll spend three days in Newport, then head back to NY to the Sleepy Hollow area.  We're doing some Halloween type events.  I got tickets to the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze, a light show, Horseman's Hollow and Irvings "Legend" in the Old Dutch Church in Sleepy Hollow.  All those events are in the evenings, so during the day I hope we get to FDR's home, Hyde Park and West Point Academy.   I've never been to the Hudson Valley and I thought this would be a fun, birthday, Halloween thing to do.  I kept telling my friend, who we went to Napa with last year, that planning this vacation was such a headace since last year her husband planned the whole Napa trip, all I had to do was book our plane reservation.  We just went along for the ride and had such a wonderful time but this year we're going by ourselves, so I had to do all the planning.  This is why I've been a little distracted, sorry!

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--If you're definitely coming to Mount Vernon on Friday, October 7th I will be working in the afternoon, doing tours.  I'm working Friday night for the wine festival so I'm coming in the afternoon to do a couple of tours.  If you're coming in the morning, and you give me a time when you're going to be there, I could meet you outside before you go to the ticket office and buy tickets, I can get you complimentary tickets.  Just let me know if you want to try this, I have no problem coming in earlier in the day to meet you and get you in.  I won't be able to do it in the afternoon as I'm doing the tours.  I can meet you anytime between 9 am & 11 am outside the gate.  If you're coming in afternoon I'll have time between tours to look for you on the Mansion Circle, at 2 pm or at 4 pm.  I'm doing a 1 pm tour, which is an hour long and then I'm doing a 3 pm tour that's also an hour long.  If we try to meet in the afternoon I won't be able to meet you outside though and you would've already bought tickets to get in.  

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, I was so sad to read your post. Declining  health can be such a devastating thing for a family to cope with. I am thinking of you and hoping for some improvement. I know this has to very stressful for you, but you will find a way to deal with what lies ahead. You are strong and we are  here for you.

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  Good Morning - Sorry to hear DH isn't doing well.  I am still thinking of you and hoping he will get better real soon.  Take care of yourself.  Everyone is concerned and hoping for the best for you and DH.