Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

hi ladies and good afternoon!

i have had a busy week so far.   it seems like i have not had a moment to catch my breath.  i am home all day today, but cooking (of course) and doing laundry LOL.    

this weekend, my older dd will be coming across state with her two cavaliers ... so that they can participate in some agility trials that are being held close to where i live.   that means that my little condo will be a little topsy turvy, with all three dogs running around.  its always interesting.  usually,  my gracie runs and hides when her 'cousins' come.  you'd think she'd be excited to see them but gracie is not very social.    i always look forward to the grand-dogs coming, because they are total LOVERS and i get lots of kisses and snuggles from them.  gracie doesn't do much of that either.  she's actually pretty anti-social.  if i thought it was possible, i would say that i believe gracie has the behavior of being autistic.  very much.  have any of you ever had a dog like this?   i have owned dogs my whole life, and i've never had one who turns away when i ask for kisses.  

anyway, i am looking forward to some good doggie loving this weekend!

hope you are all having a great today ...

Heart

Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

It's getting so that I hate to type on my iPad with all the problems I've been having. If I cut this short you'll know that I am having problems again. We are excepting severe storms today. Weare going to our grandsons play this afternoon and I hope we don't get caught in the hail. I don't drive on the freeway either unless I have to. It's not a fun experience. Fortunately, I can get most everywhere I need to without going on the freeway. 

Loves,  the petting zoo sounds fun. I used to love going when I was a girl. I liked the ponies. Your DH is wonderful to do so much around the house. My DH always does the dishes and he cooks a lot too. He is quite helpful. 

Helen,  I am doing very well with my diet, thanks. I keep a very detailed food journal that my nutritionist gave me. I think it really helps. I see her once a month

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Valued Contributor

I had to post because my cursor went to the top of the page and I couldn't get it back. Anyway, Helen, do you have any idea what is causing the problem we are having typing? I don't know if it is an iPad problem or a problem with the network. Either way, it is driving me nuts!! Hele

Valued Contributor

Sorry, it happened again. 

Helen, I hope you are feeling better. Thinking of you, friend. 

I think I'll keep this short. 

Hi to Hayfield, Fancy, mocha honey, boyzs, RetRN, Martie and everyone else. Blessings to you all ❤️

Honored Contributor

I'll be glad when this day is over. Had my ultrasound this morning. I woke up with a UTI...DS, bless his heart, phoned in a prescription for me. I should find out results of US tomorrow....

@snardy, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble posting. Are you using an IPad? I do, and from what I've read on here, IPad users are having problems. Thanks for not giving up! I hope your weather clears up, if you decide to travel. I'm happy we're sticking close to home....stay safe and "dry", my friend!

@fancy pantsy, did you hear/read about that study where they found that dogs don't like to be held? I had to laugh because Max tries to climb on our laps sometimes wanting to be held. It's a sight to see! Our DS has a small dog that is anti social too. She likes people, but not other dogs. Have a great visit with your DD. I wish you could post a pic of her dogs. I love Cavaliers. They're a breed we've thought of getting...

@LTT1, My DH does all the chores your DH does except making dinner. Does not know his way around the kitchen at all! I hope all the family arrives safe and sound. Have fun!!!

@katte, I hope you had a great time shopping in Tuscon. Sounds fun, and I hope you were able to treat yourself to a nice lunch too!

Im going to close before I lose my post. Before I go, Hi to RetRN, Martie, Mochahoney, Catwhisperer, JustJazzMom, Hayfield, Boyzs and all our friends I'm sorry I'm forgetting😉....have a great rest of the evening everyone!

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Hayfield

Since retiring, DH is still taking on responsibilities that remain foreign to him!  Just now he asked where did I think the sippy cup was?  (he bought this for their last visit)  He also had a very blank look on his face!  There are just some abilities, I guess, that husbands find it difficult to acquire!  The things that did not get done while I was teaching are slow-going.  But here are the things he does do:

Goes to the grocery store, prepares dinner, washes his clothes and our towels -- which is a major part of the workload here!

The funniest "project" that did not get done and continues to be a problem are the pillows and linens!  After their visit, I am going to get this sorted out!  I purchased two new pillows about two years ago and we seem to always be switching out... so I don't know what is what or where is where!

@LTT1, I've always considered my self extremely lucky that my DH voluntarily took on the responsibility of doing all the grocery shopping and for most of the last 30 years ( before I retired) he did almost all of the cooking. now that I've retired, I've taken that over. he considers the washing machine an unknown foreign object, though, so I've always done the laundry.

we have a revolving pillow situation at our house too. over the years I have bought 10 MyPillows. we have 4 in our room, 4 in one of the guest rooms and 2 in the other. but it seems that they tend to get switched around because someone is always having some sort of pillow issue....too firm, too soft, too fat, too thin......Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

Here I sit waiting for DH to return w/DSIL and two kids!

The storm is bad here, how about you? I hope the storms died out before they reached you.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

hello friends. it was soooo hot today and I had a little work to do in the garden. I was worn out just from the heat. I had to mix up a concoction to spray on my squash plants for mildew. I've gotten several squash and tomatoes this week.

Helen, I'm so sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. a UTI is no fun. I hope the results of your ultrasound are OK. could you have had a UTi for a while now and just not realized it? if so, maybe that was the origin of your side pain. rest well tonight and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Snardy, I rarely use my iPad so I haven't had any posting problems. I know it's so frustrating to spend time and thought on a long post only to have it disappear. that used to happen to me occasionally before they added the autosave feature when they revamped the forum. I'm happy to hear you're doing well working with your nutritionist. I hope your weather is good for the holiday weekend, whether you go anywhere or not.

Fancy, my Princess Daisy was pretty antisocial. even though she seemed to only like me, she wasn't ever a really affectionate dog. when she was younger she was somewhat affectionate, but as she got older she wasn't interested in any snuggling or kisses, except occasionally. our other dog, Mochahoney (who died several years ago) was the opposite. she was definitely DH's baby and couldn't get close enough to him. wherever he was, Mochahoney had to be right there with him, in his lap or next to him. all this dog talk is making me want another one.....

Hayfield, it's almost Friday as I type this, so let me go ahead and wish you a very happy 38th anniversary. I hope your DH is feeling better so you can celebrate.

special hellos and blessings to Catwhisperer, Martie, Loves, Katte, RetRN, Shorelady, Boyzs and any of our friends I have forgotten to mention.

here's a Biloxi Back Bay sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@MariotaMurielle

Here I sit waiting for DH to return w/DSIL and two kids!

The storm is bad here, how about you? I hope the storms died out before they reached you.

@LTT1, no storms here. just very hot and humid. I hope everyone arrives back to your house safely. have fun!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD@snardy@fancy pantsy@katte@MariotaMurielle

This board is just nor working very well for tablets... 

@MariotaMurielle

DH is at the airport, having made it through. Just waiting now to see when their plane finally lands! Thanks... I like all of the "chicks" back in the nest!

They are on their way back here now... after a four hour delay... better safe than sorry!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~