Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@katte....I don't blame your DH for not wanting to drive in SD. The traffic is terrible. I refuse to drive on the freeways. I get where I have to go by side street routes. However, the traffic in Vegas is also very bad, even on the side streets. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

Maybe I will choose OPI Strawberry Margarita for the pedi on Sunday! 

We have "petting a horse" (petting zoo) on the agenda for the littles!

Mike now says that he wants to go to the wedding out of state mid-summer.  So I have been planning my wardrobe with this in mind and buying new.

@SleeplessinSD@katte@MariotaMurielle

It occurred to me that I really have not been sleeping well either. Last week was a definite on this. And DHs snoring can't be blamed entirely!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

Lately my reading has all been non-fiction too.

@snardy

Thinking of you 

@SleeplessinSD

@Thinking of you also

@katte

My DH often does not realize the amount of planning it takes to go out of town 

@Hayfield

Wishing you the happiest anniversary of 38 years! 

It is SO TRUE about the way we deny ourselves for years so our kids can have their chance in life! Sometimes I think (due to habit) "can't splurge" and then I remember-- oh yes I can! 💙❤️💜💚

Thinking of all here-- lets see if I can do this!

@SleeplessinSD@catwhisperer@katte@MariotaMurielle@snardy@MartieHugs@Hayfield@fantsypantsy@shorelady@SPAMMOM

MORE WON'T fit!

Trusted Contributor

@lovestoteach  Hi - We went to San Diego last year and I must say the traffic was horrendous!  I used to live in Santee, Calif, but I had truly forgotten how bad the traffic was.  Your snoring comment made me laugh.  My DH is the worse regarding snoring!!  But I'm sure I follow not far behind in a close second. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@katte...I lived in Santee back in the 70's. You would be shocked at how it has grown. As for the snoring issue, we each have our own room. It's been working for us for over 30 yrs. Plus my cats sleep with me and DH can't deal with that. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

We picked up or DGD from school. I think we're taking her to dinner. I really don't feel like cooking...

@katte, I so agree with @catwhisperer. Traffic here is a nightmare. And I've lived in Los Angeles area too, which is just as bad. I, too, don't do freeways if at all possible. This is why my sister usually comes here to visit. She doesn't mind at all. I find myself waking up often at night too. DH and Max can sleep through anything! I find myself in our guest room a lot...

@LTT1, thinking of you too, my friend!

@snardy, I keep trying to edit my posts here and can't, so I end up deleting and starting over. So not fun! How are you doing with your nutrition diet? Do you see a counselor regularly? I really need to eat better. I haven't been walking lately, and I can tell a a difference....

@Hayfield, is your anniversary on Friday? I hope your DH feels better and you can keep your plans....

@MariotaMurielle, I know this time of year is difficult for you. (((Hugs)))

I think I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. It took me twice as long as usual to do. Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone. I may be back later....

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

sending blessings to all and wishes for a cozy and peaceful evening.

here's a Moss Point, Mississippi sunset.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It's sunny again and in the 80's and I think summer is here!  I don't know what happened to spring, must've went somewhere else.  I texted DH this morning, he'll be home early evening and he said he was feeling better.  We'll see how's he feeling tomorrow to decide whether to go ahead with our anniversary plans. 

Helen47--You know I had a glass of wine or two on National Wine Day!  I think every day is National Wine Day for me!!!

Katte--Yes, husbands don't have any idea how much time it takes to plan a trip.  When my NYC trip in January got snowed out I had to replan everything, show, hotel and transportation.  Luckily I was able to replan the trip without incurring any additonal costs.  Getting a hotel in April in NYC was tricky too, I booked a room with free cancellation, then found a room in the same hotel $100 cheaper on another site, so redid that again too!  I just planned my NYC trip to the Lower East Side with another friend at the end of June.  I get dizzy looking for good hotel rates in NYC.

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer - Good Morning!  I lived in Santee in the late 1980s.  When I was in San Diego last summer I noticed how much the San Diego area has changed.  I don't mind driving on the freeways.  I drive back and forth to Tucson frequently and have also traveled through Phoenix a lot in the past, but I don't know if I could do San Diego. Smiley Happy  I'm off to Tucson in a little bit for some shopping!!.

Everyone have a good day and I will probably check back in later today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield

Since retiring, DH is still taking on responsibilities that remain foreign to him!  Just now he asked where did I think the sippy cup was?  (he bought this for their last visit)  He also had a very blank look on his face!  There are just some abilities, I guess, that husbands find it difficult to acquire!  The things that did not get done while I was teaching are slow-going.  But here are the things he does do:

Goes to the grocery store, prepares dinner, washes his clothes and our towels -- which is a major part of the workload here!

The funniest "project" that did not get done and continues to be a problem are the pillows and linens!  After their visit, I am going to get this sorted out!  I purchased two new pillows about two years ago and we seem to always be switching out... so I don't know what is what or where is where!