Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@MariotaMurielle@MartieHugs@Hayfield@katte

@snardy

Today was another insurance day... checking out the various plans.

Sounds like we are all buying glasses and being told we have cataracts!

My glasses/sunglasses are ready so will pick them up tomorrow. I gave into the trend of big ugly glasses HAHA ... after doing some research, it appears to me that those whose faces have fallen, have donned the big glasses as if saying "fine! Better you notice my glasses instead of my wrinkles!

The Sephora trip yielded such great results! Still playing with the two concealers

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1....be very careful about choosing a plan with the gov't. run "affordable" insurance. Believe me, it is NOT affordable. I have had nothing but nightmares with them for the past two years. $6,000 deductible, high co-pays. I was injured a year ago and they didn't want to pay for my doctor visits or PT. My ortho doctor and therapist both recommended a special brace for my arm and the insurance refused to pay for it stating it was "not medically necessary", without even seeing the condition I was in. I had to stop going to the ortho doctor and stop going to PT. I am still thousands of dollars in debt due to medical bills and am permanently disabled. Be very, very careful and do your research. Good luck.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD@MariotaMurielle@MartieHugs@Hayfield@katte

@snardy

Today was another insurance day... checking out the various plans.

Sounds like we are all buying glasses and being told we have cataracts!

My glasses/sunglasses are ready so will pick them up tomorrow. I gave into the trend of big ugly glasses HAHA ... after doing some research, it appears to me that those whose faces have fallen, have donned the big glasses as if saying "fine! Better you notice my glasses instead of my wrinkles!

The Sephora trip yielded such great results! Still playing with the two concealers

@LTT1, I'm hoping to get to Sephora tomorrow or Saturday. I wrote down the brands you got from the "good looking"😉 makeup artist. Always looking for a good concealer. Good luck with your search for insurance plans. I gave in too to the big glasses. I really like mine. Look kind of like these. (I wish I looked like Jenny!).....

image.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@LTT1....be very careful about choosing a plan with the gov't. run "affordable" insurance. Believe me, it is NOT affordable. I have had nothing but nightmares with them for the past two years. $6,000 deductible, high co-pays. I was injured a year ago and they didn't want to pay for my doctor visits or PT. My ortho doctor and therapist both recommended a special brace for my arm and the insurance refused to pay for it stating it was "not medically necessary", without even seeing the condition I was in. I had to stop going to the ortho doctor and stop going to PT. I am still thousands of dollars in debt due to medical bills and am permanently disabled. Be very, very careful and do your research. Good luck.

@catwhisperer, This is a nightmare! No one should have to go through this. I'm so sorry....

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD...thanks. It stinks, and there is nothing I can do about  it as far as I know.  My ortho doctor said they don't do surgery on hand/wrist patients after a certain age, so I am out of luck. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone a peaceful, safe rest of the evening...

image.gif

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

hello friends. it's been another beautiful day here today and it's supposed to last until next week. perfect weather for me: cool and sunny. I think my lettuce likes it too, because I think all the lettuce plants grew a foot over night! I'm eating lettuce as fast as I can. anyone want to come over and help yourself?

@catwhisperer, it makes me furious to hear of your insurance situation. if you were injured, how can they refuse to pay for your treatment? I hope your doctor's office is trying to help you with your claim. if your ortho doc states that treatment is medically necessary, I don't know why an exception can't be made by your company.

@SleeplessinSD and @LTT1, when you are talking about buying glasses, do you mean reading glasses, or glasses for general use? I only wear reading glasses, so I'm not "up" on the new styles.

do any of you have bare spots in your eyebrows from over plucking in your younger days? I did, but I don't anymore and I want to tell you about this product I discovered. it's Isomers (sold on Evine or at their website (google Isomers, made in Canada) and it's called Stem Cell Eyelash Enhancer. I bought it the last time Isomers was on-air the end of February. my eyelashes have been very sparse and wimpy for years, but when I heard Manuela ( the company co-owner and product developer) mention that it can be used on eyebrows too, I decided to try it. I've had a "bald spot" on both eyebrows for years and have always filled them in with an eyeliner pencil or some other product. so, I've been using this product on my lashes and brows for about 2 months now. my eyelashes are definitley fuller and less wimpy than they used to be, but yesterday I suddenly noticed that my eyebrows no longer have those bald places. I'm not usually this impressed with beauty products, but with this one I am. 300-264- ISOMERS Stem Genesis Extreme Eyelash Enhancer 0.27 oz

special hellos to Katte, Hayfield, Martie, Snardy, Fancy, RetRN, boyzs, shorelady, spammom, JustJazzmom and all our dear friends here. we had several new posters here a couple of weeks ago that seem to have disappeared. if they are reading this, you are welcome to come back and join us.

here's an Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful eveing, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, I was wearing glasses just for reading but I now find myself wearing them all the time. Mine also darken when I go outside, just like sunglasses. Thanks for suggesting that beauty product for lashes and brows. My eyebrows are dark, but sparse, and I've always wanted to try something to help my lashes. Isomers seems to be a good line. I'll check it out...

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It was ugly all day yesterday but nice that when I got home I didn't have to cook, I just had some cheese & crackers with a glass of wine!  I'm working today and I'm going to pick up a pizza on the way home from work.  DH is playing poker later tonight with friends, so another nice and quiet evening alone, I could get used to this!  We'll be together all weekend, just hanging around the house though, no major plans this weekend.  Have a good day!