Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

Good Afternoon Ladies ~ Today is a special day for me.  An anniversary of sorts.  Back on September 24th, 1971, I was at a football game, in the rain, sharing a warm quilt, and an umbrella.  I don't remember if we won the football game or not, but I won anyway.  I was asked to go steady....All these years later?  The Guy is still hanging around the house.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Wow Kakat you sure have troubles.I really admire your sense of humor about it all.I hope that surgery cures the problem and you can put your great humor to a test on the fun stuff.

Honored Contributor

Mochahoney..you are too cute.I think your rebounder is a great idea.If you split your workouts throughout the day that is even better...keeps the metabolism rolling..have you ever tried mixing chia seeds into your food?they are really filling and keep the energy levels up.

Super Contributor

Hello Everyone ...

I'm still around and trying to catch up on all your goings on. Mostly wanted to send good thoughts to Kat. but I see things are kinda up in the air. Well, the good thoughts are there regardless.

5 down, 7 to go. Have to say, it's getting old.  Gratefully, my "drivers" are keeping me well transported and as I've said before, if it weren't for the circumstances we'd be having quite a good time. Side effects, mostly exhaustion, are hard but it certainly beats the alternative.

Broke down and went wig shopping last week. Ironically, I bought the first one I spied. Looks a lot like my own hair so I don't look too alien. I'm resisting the urge to wear turbans. Considering what I do, they seem a little stereotypical. I did hit the motherlode of scarves the other day. Was poking around in a dresser I never use and found 20 or so that I used when I was working. They're a bit of normalcy in an otherwise unnormal situation.

Enough of me. I'm so glad to see you're all hanging in all right. Someone was talking about kids returning home after they've been launched. Many years ago I moved back home with my mom for a bit. I was waiting for a contract to be finalized that was going to include a move to another city and my lease was up for renewal. My mom suggested that rather than dealing with all that, why didn't I just put my stuff in storage and come home for a couple of months. Now mind you, I was almost 40 and had been on my own for 15+ years. Turned out I was there for a year and it was one of the best years of my life. I had the opportunity to know my mom as an adult ... we were good roommates, we had fun, and when the time came to leave, I was seriously sad. We had clear boundaries and well-defined "groundrules" but we had a blast!! I'll always be grateful for that.

Weather in WNY is lovely. Warm days, cool nights. Blue skies, big, fat, fluffy clouds. Hope your worlds are beautiful, too.

Blessings,

Martie

Honored Contributor

What state do you live in Snardy?My son is on Oklahoma and he has similar temperatures.We are planning to visit in October and hope for the weather to continue

my party was fun and the ladies made some really great food along with a from scratch birthday cake...who does that anymore?i am getting a little tired of the year older thing though and was thinking about subtracting from now on.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

image.jpg

Hoping that that you feel better and get thru all of this💜

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

I think I "get" your sense of humor. I inherited it from my mom and I used to not think she was funny. : )

Hers was called a wry or a dry wit, and yes, mine tends to be what some would call "irreverent." But, can't help but get tickled about life's little "kicks in the backside." I know, forgive me, but I can be SO BAD!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,  I met with the surgeon again today and surgery is going forward as scheduled tomorrow.  I need to be at the hospital at 7:30 am.  My nephew will pick me up at 7:00 am.  One of my girlfriends will pick me up when I am released.  I pulled a muscle in the left leg and it's getting better but still painful.  Like the doctor said,  you will be in the right place -- the hospital in case they have to give me a shot of cortisone in the left leg -- surgery is on the right hip.  Never a dull moment with me but sometimes I do like a break.

Thank all of you for your well wishes.  Happy Weekend!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

good evening ladies.

Kat, i was so happy to open this thread up and see your post stating that your surgery will go on as planned!  wonderful news.  will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

hayfield, i still admire all that working out that you do!  good for you.  you're lucky to have found that 'movie buddy'.  doesn't it just make so much more sense rather than having to drag a partner along who is not really that much into it

whatnow, sounds like you had yourself a friend-filled birthday!  what fun.  (way better than the dentist chair)

mocha, glad you are still enjoying the rebounder!  sounds like it is working out just right for you.  i hope that you have the most fabulous time this weekend with your dd and sil.    and yes, thanks for asking about the photo thing.  i tried cut and paste (along with some other options).  right now it's not something that i guess i care that much about (posting photos).  every once in a while i get a bug in my butt and want to try and do it, but i always seem to hit a brick wall  and then i lose interest and move on.  maybe some day things will CLICK and i will 'get it'.  lolbut

snardy,  your trip to the rocky mountain national park sounds just heavenly!  that's a place that i would love to see.  enjoy the day!

helen, so nice that your gs feels like he can confide in you and come to you with issues.  he is a lucky young man, and you are a lucky grandmother!  i know it must be heartbreaking to see a child struggle with issues that we can't fix.  but sometimes it is not about the fixing.  kwim?   i guess i hope that your daughter finds alternate housing because it sounds like having her stay with you would be a little uncomfortable.  

mistic, thanks for sharing that lovely anniversary story!  congrats to you both ! 

martie, it's always so good to hear from you, and i am happy to hear that you are hanging in there.  thank goodness for all those drivers and for whatever joy and laughter that they bring to you.  i loved reading the story about how you were able to share that year living with your mom.   truly a gift for you both.  

no great big plans for my weekend yet, but they all seem to be busy and filled with fun ~

wishing you all the best

Heart