Respected Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Respected Contributor

oh nuts

i've been trying (on and off) all day today to try and post a picture.

i did it ONCE so i should be able to do it again.

will try again some other time.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

good Wednesday evening everyone.

Snardy, I share your angst about the weather. it's been very hot and humid here and is supposed to be 90 this weekend. we usually don't really get fall weather until the end of October.

my daughter and her DH will be coming here on Friday night, staying until sometime Sunday. we haven't seen him in a couple of months and always enjoy it when he is able to be here too. plus, he's an electrician and I always have a project for him around the house.Smiley Happy . have fun this weekend at the national park. I wish you could take some photos and post them here.

Kat, sheesh. I'm at a loss for words about your situation. I don't know, but it might be better to go ahead and have that surgery as planned. then you could have PT for both your hip and your injured left leg too. please let us know what the doc recommends when you see him tomorrow. I would be very anxious to just get it over with if I were you, but that's just my opinion.

Fancy, have you tried right-clicking/copy & paste? we would love to see little Gracie.

hi to Hayfield, Loves, Catwhisperer, Helen, Whatnow, Mistic, shorelady, spammom, Puddles, and all our friends.

here's a Saucier, Mississippi sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12020014_721762034618692_5283471943886406492_n.jpg?oh=5e3a37c458d44e26505901c4e58c8725&oe=56A357C4&__gda__=1452499188_9067ea105193cd5b9bd7c6bae61c3feb

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Well, the evening almost got away from me. Our GS is still going through some personal issues. I've spent the last couple hours back and forth on the phone talking to him. In between, our daughter called saying she may have to stay with us a couple weeks. She's moving and her place won't be ready until the middle of October. She has another option, and I'm praying she takes it. Our daughter hasn't lived at home since she left high school. While we get along great "now", she's never really here that long, so I just don't know what to expect. I'm so used to a quiet stress free house; I guess I'll just hope for the best.

So many great posts today, I'm going to take my time

reading them when I go to bed. Which sounds really good right about now. I put out some Fall decorations this morning. My house has that warm, Fall feeling. I sure wish it was the same outdoors. Sounds like most of us are experiencing the same with lingering warm temps.

KAT, I guess you have to find some humor in all youre going through or you'll cry.  I hope as I type this you're sleeping soundly, pain free and that tomorrow you wake up feeling better. I'm so anxious to hear whether you'll still have surgery Friday. Good luck at your appt. tomorrow and let us know when you can.

Good Night Everyone!❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Helen47 Wrote ~ KAT, I guess you have to find some humor in all youre going through or you'll cry.

This is what I do.  I try to find humor in most everything.  It keeps me going.  So, I just want to say to everyone here...  If I offend anyone, I don't mean to.  Humor saves me on a regular basis.  Sometimes if you don't laugh, you will indeed cry.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Yesterday was a beautiful day.  I went to the gym, I also go to the gym 4-5 times a week, in addition to walking around the neighborhood when weather & time permits.  You'd think with all that exercise I'd be a skinny minnie but no, I still need to lose some weight.  It is a never ending battle for me since I turned 50.  I feel so much better when I exercise.

Helen47--I'm totally with you on children coming back home to live.  My DD came back after college graduation.  She was offered a job from the internship she had there and she knew from the start that the faciility was going to be closing in 2015, so she had to come up with another plan.  She decided to get her masters in special education at a nearby college and we all just "s*cked it up" so she could get that masters without any debt.  While she hasn't really been any trouble, she's here and DH and I are so looking forward to the day she moves out.  The rent for a one bedroom apartment in our area is about $1,800/month.  She could have moved out with roommates but then she wouldn't have been able to save money for her masters.  She will be debt free and actually have a nice savings account and her retirement fund started since she stayed here.  It was the best financial decision she could have made.   Once she finishes her student teaching she's thinking about moving to the VA Beach area, where she went to school, rent is much cheaper there.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that your DD can  make other arrangements until her apartment is ready; at least you know it's only temporary if she as to move in with you.  DH & I love our children very much but we were married for 8 years before we had children and loved those years when it was just the two of us. 

Respected Contributor

Mochahoney--I've been told that walking is the best exercise that you can do, so just keep on walking.  I started weight training because I've been told it helps build strong bones, I hate doing weights but I do them.  I also do some balancing exercising with the weights.  Falling becomes a problem as we age, so doing balancing exercising are suppose to help. 

Respected Contributor

Snardy--I was able to pass on buying anything at the Market Fair since I didn't have a lot of time to walk around.  I do usually buy something, that's for sure!

KatCat1--I do hope you're feeling better.  If the surgery is postponed, I do hope not too far off in the future, I know how prepared you are for it.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Katcat1 I am truly sorry you are in so much pain and having so many problems. I do hope that you can have the hip surgery as planned so that you get some relief from your pain.

Catwhisperer,     From one Kat to another Cat,  Thank you.  It's hard to believe this has happened but I am seeing the surgeon again today.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

KatCat1 ~  OK Now!  No More Living By Murphy's Law!!!

Enough Is Enough Already!  Hopefully all goes well tonight and tomorrow.  I will be keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you.  And... anything else I can cross without cramping up. Heart

Thank you, Mistic.  I would cross everything too if I could!  ha!

kindness is strength