Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies.....Please Join Us For September!

@dex Happy Birthday!  Sounds like you are having a great day!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Mochahoney...weight loss Is a difficult task for sure.I was wondering if you exercise.I go to the gym five days a week and really can eat what I want without much weight gain.I really enjoy my gym and the people that I have met there.It is one of my favourite places to be.

I hope that the Atkins diet works for you but with diabetes you might need to try something different so that you can stay safe.Take good care

Honored Contributor

Whatnow,    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday.  May all your birthday wishes come true!

Woman Happy

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,  Here comes my sarcasm --  my left leg gave out on me and I also collapsed outside the P.O.  My cane saved the day.  Having so much fun wish you were here.  Now this was the injured left leg.  I am doing better but I will see the surgeon again tomorrow to see if we will go through with surgery on Friday.  I just need to get a little stronger because I will need that left leg for leverage.

I am continuing like I am having surgery buying certain items that I will need.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies,  Here comes my sarcasm --  my left leg gave out on me and I also collapsed outside the P.O.  My cane saved the day.  Having so much fun wish you were here.  Now this was the injured left leg.  I am doing better but I will see the surgeon again tomorrow to see if we will go through with surgery on Friday.  I just need to get a little stronger because I will need that left leg for leverage.

I am continuing like I am having surgery buying certain items that I will need.

I hope you all are enjoying your day.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

Mochahoney...weight loss Is a difficult task for sure.I was wondering if you exercise.I go to the gym five days a week and really can eat what I want without much weight gain.I really enjoy my gym and the people that I have met there.It is one of my favourite places to be.

I hope that the Atkins diet works for you but with diabetes you might need to try something different so that you can stay safe.Take good care

Whatnow, I despise "exercise" (probably how I got so chunk-i-fied Smiley Happy ) but I do enjoy walking. I started a walking program last March and by the middle of May I was walking 3-4 miles a day. then summer hit. in central Mississippi that means HOT and HUMID and by June I had stopped walking because I just couldn't tolerate it any longer. also, I am very fair and sensitive to the sun and no matter what strength sunscreen I used, I was getting sunburned. so around August I bought a rebounder and have been "walking" on it. I walk almost every day, but so far the most I've done on it is about 3 miles. usually I do 2 miles in a day, walking in 15-20 minute intervals. it's a good workout, at least for me, and I love being able to do it at any time day or night and not having to be outside.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

KatCat1 ~  OK Now!  No More Living By Murphy's Law!!!

Enough Is Enough Already!  Hopefully all goes well tonight and tomorrow.  I will be keeping my fingers & toes crossed for you.  And... anything else I can cross without cramping up. Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatnow ~ You go to the Gym 5 days a week?  Surely you jest!  No way I would get there once a week, much less 5 days a week!

KUDOS to you... You brave~brave Woman!!!  Cat Very Happy

ETA ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Hi there ladies,

Happy first day of fall!  I just heard on the weather report that we will have unusually high temperatures the rest of this week and all of next week.  Highs will be in the high 80's.  It will be 90 on Saturday.  UGH!  I hope the rest of you are enjoying more seasonal weather.  I went to lunch with my neighbor today and we rode in her convertible.  I got sunburned.  We had a nice trip out in the country.  Friday, DH and I are going to Rocky Mountain National Park and see the leaves and the elk.  What a beautiful place!

Hi Mistic,  I love your sense of humor.  I'm glad you are posting with us.  

Hi Whatnow,  Happy Birthday!  How was your party?  How nice that your son found a girl who likes fishing.  I got a kick oout of dater-in-training!

Hi Spammom,  Nice to hear from you.  I hope you are doing well!

Hi Helen,  I haven't heard of Julian apple pie.  What is it like?  I loved all of your fall pictures.  How was your volunteer day yesterday?

Hi Fancy,  I would love to see Gracie.  Yorkies are SO cute!

Hi Hayfield,  Walking around the colonial market sounds so nice.  I probably would have been tempted to buy a few things.

Hi Mocha,  What have you and your DD been doing?  She is coming back again this weekend?  Lucky you!

Hi Kat,  Oh Kat, I am so sorry your leg gave out.  I sure hope you can go ahead with your surgery. Having had that surgery, I can say that waiting for it is the worst part.  I know you will do very well with it.  Take good care.  Prayers for you. 

I am so enjoying my fall decor!  I love my glass pumpkins.  Blessings to everyone. 

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb