Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For October!

Snardy...would love if you want to come and rake with me.I like company when I am working.The trees are a species that I have never seen before and I now know the reason.They have very tiny leaves and each of the five in my yard has billions...maybe even trillions of leaves.We had a wind storm on Saturday and if you looked out the window you saw a leaf blizzard.

you have pine trees and I love those.The cones are great fire starter and also useful in home decor.The needles are great fertilizer if you have blueberry bushes.I put the needles around my blueberries and they grow so thick and heavy on the branches that they look like grape clusters.

Honored Contributor

@dex@MariotaMurielle

Our local appliance store has always had a back room with "dents" and "scratches" appliances.

In some cases, we have purchased from there... or if we show an interest... they make us a better deal on one of the new appliances in their showroom! LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Happy Monday ... Well, I got thru another one ...  9 down, 3 to go in this is first attack. All in all, not a bad day. Enjoyed my "I was a good girl at the doctor" fast-food milk shake; it's my one indulgence. Well, it's ONE indulgence, niot the only one.

Seems like it's been both forever and since just yesterday. Was a bit wistful this morning when I realized that I've gotten used to enjoying my interaction with the fabulous nurses that take care of us and the other folks who are on there on Monday,  patients (oh how I dislike that word) and their "travel buddies." It's a family of sorts. We're all in the same boat, rowing as a team.

Hope it was a good day in your corner of the world.

Blessings,

Martie

Respected Contributor

@MartieHugs...((((Hugs))). God bless you. You are one strong, brave lady with a positive attitude. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Ahhh, just got home. I had to pick up my GD and take her to tennis, then stopped at the grocery store. It's so HOT outside!! I couldn't wait to get back in to our A/C. DS and DH are at the Charger game with friends...I'm about to sit and watch.... Here's a pic of my new tureen!

image.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MartieHugs wrote:

Happy Monday ... Well, I got thru another one ...  9 down, 3 to go in this is first attack. All in all, not a bad day. Enjoyed my "I was a good girl at the doctor" fast-food milk shake; it's my one indulgence. Well, it's ONE indulgence, niot the only one.

Seems like it's been both forever and since just yesterday. Was a bit wistful this morning when I realized that I've gotten used to enjoying my interaction with the fabulous nurses that take care of us and the other folks who are on there on Monday,  patients (oh how I dislike that word) and their "travel buddies." It's a family of sorts. We're all in the same boat, rowing as a team.

Hope it was a good day in your corner of the world.

Blessings,

Martie

I so agree with CATWHISPERER. You are an inspiration to all of us, MARTIE. You've got this! And, you deserve all the "indulgences" that make you happy!❤️

~H~
Valued Contributor

Hi ladies,

Took a break from my scrabble game to say sweet dreams to everyone!

Helen, I love the way you decorated your table with your tureen. The little pilgrims are so cute. It's a very festive setting!

Martie, I'm glad your day went well and that you treated yourself to a milkshake. That's one of my favorite indulgences too.  It sounds like you have a great support staff. Sending prayers your way.  

Good night all. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

happy Monday evening everybody. I reconsidered my Coach purchase over the weekend and decided that although it's beautiful,  I really think it's a little too subdued looking for my daughter.  it's much more my style with no big Coach logos everywhere. she's 31 and still in that stage where she likes for the world to know what brand she's carrying Smiley Happy. so I went back today and actually found the exact same style but in a tan canvas with the big "C"'s all over it. I really think she'll like it much better than the plain no "C" leather.

@dex, I never heard that pine straw is good fertilizer for blueberry bushes. I have one blueberry bush that was 2 years old last summer and we got just a handful of blueberries. I have tons of pine straw and I use it around my flowers, but never thought about putting it around my blueberry bush. thanks for that information.

@snardy, I hope Maxx and Sam are doing better. I'm sure those cones are getting old for them. Princess Daisy is hanging in there, but she's had several coughing episodes in the last few days. I'm sure it's her congestive heart failure. right now she's peacefully sleeping snuggled up with me on the bed and she doesn't seem to be in any distress with her respirations.

@fancy pantsy, are you better today? that's a bummer to get a flu shot and then feel bad afterwards.

@LTT1, your dad was a very handsome man. I understand how much you must miss him. I hope you're feeling spunky again....

@SleeplessinSD, what a beautiful "tablescape" you have made with the beautiful pumpkin tureen and all the other decorations. and those beautiful pink flowers overflowing on the patio didn't escape my attention! gorgeous.

@Kat, I'm sorry those compression stockings didn't work for you. other than reclining and elevating your legs, I don't know what else you could do, unless you are on a diuretic that your doc could increase.

@MartieHugs, inner strength comes with trials, such as what you're going through. like everyone else has said, you're strong and you've got this.

@catwhisperer, I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibes & special prayers for you to feel better and stronger very soon. be kind to yourself.

@RetRN, I'm tickled to see you posting here more often. you are another one I've been thinking of and hoping you are feeling better and stronger too.

@Hayfield, I saw a story on the news today about some kind of system glitch with one of the airline companies, having to write out boarding passes by hand. I think it was in Los Angeles, so I'm sure it didn't affect your flight at all. I really don't even remember  exactly which day you said you are flying, but I hope you have a safe flight and enjoy the heck out of your visit to California.

hi to Mistic, Spammom, Puddles, Shorelady, NCbandwagon, Hooty and all our friends here.

here's a Mississippi River sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/11754882_10204311257333624_4431255642265709011_o.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

That sunset is really beautiful...thanks for sharing

Honored Contributor

Helen47...nice tureen but what really captured my attention was those cupcakes just waiting for someone to enjoy.