Super Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For October!

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunny Sunday ...

It's in the 60's, bright blue skies, and a soft breeze blowing thru the open windows in the kitchen and dining room. And the Bills won! Sorry, Titan fans.

Just checking in. Yesterday was the worst day I've had so far, never really got out of bed, just laid low, watched tv and slept. Came downstairs about 9:30pm when the grumbling of my tummy was louder than my "kerfuffles" when I napped. Today is much better. And then, of course, there's tomorrow.Your good thoughts go with me, and lift me up, when I'm there.

Catwhisperer ... I missed your posts about your challenges, and I do understand the "not knowing." One day at a time. One minute at a time. And if you feel like throwing yourself a short pity party, well, go for it.

Whatnow ... You asked about flu shots. The flu is different every year, it's not that "they" don't get it right, it's just that it changes. As we get older we're less able to fight off strong, fast changing viruses. (I learned about that when I worked for an ad agency in a prior life.) Back in the 50's the Asian flu was rappant in the US. Our family dr. insisted we get the flu shot and we didn't get the flu; the schools were closed for a week because everyone was sick, including teachers and there weren't enough subs to cover.

How in the world do you all keep things straight to make so may "personal" posts. By the time I write something, I've forgotten what I wanted to say to others. Frustrating part of chemo: frequent derailment of trains of thought. But, this too shall pass.

Who knew when I first ventured in last December that you would all become dear friends. Life is strange.

Sending love and kind thought to all of you.

Martie

Honored Contributor

Martiehugs...so sorry that you are sick but I am glad to hear that you have good days too.Heres hoping for some good days to turn into many and then mostly good soon.

I have a hard time keeping up with everyone too.My brain is just not working properly and I noticed my DH having the same problem lately.I was hoping that one of us could think clearly,one could hear well and that we both remain sighted.

We had a beautiful sunny yard work day today.I filled two huge trash bins and the leaves are still coming!

Honored Contributor

Yay @snardy!!!

image.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, Ladies.  I am slowly coming around but still have a couple of issues.  My leg that the surgery was performed on is swollen and my ankle is like a sausage.  I won't gross you out with the other issue.  I feel good but a little tired.  I sleep fairly well but sometimes I am up until 3 am but not often.  I have been watching What's My Line and I Got a Secret.  Boy, that sure takes me back to my childhood.  It's funny how formal the women were on the panel wearing gowns and jewels and now everything is casual.  Heck, when I went out on dates at 18 yrs. old, I wore a dress.  ha!

My girlfriends have been life savers.  Lori is taking me to the dr. on Thursday.  Joyce came over with 3 bags of food, Patti sent me $100, my aunt, uncle & cousin sent me $100 Peapod gift card.  I was deeply appreciative of their kindness and thoughtfulness and a couple of my neighbors have been so helpful taking my garbage out & picking up my mail.  I desperately need to wash a load of clothes.

I hope everyone is okay and in good health.  Talk to you soon.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

KatCat1, I am so glad that you are doing well. It is nice that your friends, family, and neighbors are looking out for you and helping. Please continue to take care of yourself and rest as much as you can. It takes time to recover from surgery, it is a process that can't be rushed.

Esteemed Contributor

happy Sunday evening everyone. it's been a beautiful day here. sunny and 70s. my lettuce is beginning to sprout and the pansies & mums seem to like their new home.

I mentioned a day or two ago that our stove has been acting crazy. well, it is officially dead. the burners on top still work but the oven is a goner. I've been looking online for stoves and oh baby, talk about sticker shock! I was thinking they would be in the $600-$800 range. silly me. most of them start at $1200 and go up to $2500. we are hoping that we won't be in this house forever, so I'm looking for a good stove but not one made of gold Smiley Happy

for now, we are making do with the Ninja, the microwave and the toaster.

Catwhisperer, Kat,Spammon, Shorelady, Fancy and Martie, and any of our friends here who are not feeling well or who are going through very difficult times please know that I am thinking of you and praying for restoration of health and comfort for you.

Hayfield, happy birthday to you. have a safe and happy trip. that's something that DH and I would love to do some day, and I can't wait to hear about your train tour.

Helen, Loves, Whatnow, Mistic, Snardy, AuntG, RetRN, NCbandwagon, Spent2much special hellos to all of you.

here's a Barnett Reservoir, Mississippi sunset for you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Good Evening, Ladies.  I am slowly coming around but still have a couple of issues.  My leg that the surgery was performed on is swollen and my ankle is like a sausage.  I won't gross you out with the other issue.  I feel good but a little tired.  I sleep fairly well but sometimes I am up until 3 am but not often.  I have been watching What's My Line and I Got a Secret.  Boy, that sure takes me back to my childhood.  It's funny how formal the women were on the panel wearing gowns and jewels and now everything is casual.  Heck, when I went out on dates at 18 yrs. old, I wore a dress.  ha!

My girlfriends have been life savers.  Lori is taking me to the dr. on Thursday.  Joyce came over with 3 bags of food, Patti sent me $100, my aunt, uncle & cousin sent me $100 Peapod gift card.  I was deeply appreciative of their kindness and thoughtfulness and a couple of my neighbors have been so helpful taking my garbage out & picking up my mail.  I desperately need to wash a load of clothes.

I hope everyone is okay and in good health.  Talk to you soon.

Kat, we must have been typing at the same time. it's so good to see a message from you. that swelling (and whatever the "other issue" is) does not sound like fun. do they have you wearing compression stockings? if not, ask the home health nurse or PT person about getting a pair. it would help with the swelling.

in the meantime, I'm so glad that you have so many friends , neighbors and family who are willing to help.

take care, and try to sleep well.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

KAT, I'm so glad I peeked in again. We've all been thinking about you. It sounds like you're healing, although slowly. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your leg and ankle swelling. What are the doctors saying about that? I know some patients after hip surgery are required to wear special stockings. I'm so glad to know you're getting help from your friends and neighbors. Bless them. Maybe the nurse that comes in to check on you could put in a load of wash? Again,  Soo good to hear from you. Please continue to get lots of rest...sending love and prayers!

MARTIE, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday, but so glad today was better. You've been through so much and yet always remain positive and strong. you're so entitled to a bad day of staying in bed. I think we've all formed a strong, although online, friendship and it's so good to be able to count on each other for support. You remain in my thoughts and prayers daily; good luck tomorrow.....

SNARDY, oh, poor Sam! My heart breaks for him too! Thankfully, Maxx is healing, so you'll be able to just concentrate on Sam. Still, I know it's hard. Your new Dooney sounds beautiful and I'm sure makes a great addition to your "stash" of Dooneys. I do think we all deserve at least "one" splurge!😉 Mine, hair/skin care products, and anything for my house!

Whatnow, I have to admit, sometimes I have to check back on posts before typing, so you're not alone. My brain isn't as good as it used to be especially when I've had a bad night sleeping, which is quite often. Sounds like you're having some great weather. It's still warm out here. I'm so ready for Fall!

Hmmm, I must have hit bold by mistake. My typing is never this dark! Oh well! it's still kind of early but I'm going up to get ready for bed. Hope everyone had a good day and are settled in for a restful night....

❤️ To All!'

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning! Well, I'm finally all packed!  We leave for the airport in a about 2 hours.  If I forgot anything, I'll just have to get it out there!

Helen47--I always type in bold, I figure it's easier to read! 

KatCat1--It was so good to hear from you and like the others, glad you're on the mend. 

Respected Contributor

MartieHugs--I'm sorry that you had a bad day the other day.  It has to be so difficult, dealing not only with the chemo, but the side effects.  I do hope that when you're done with chemo, that you'll get a clean bill of health.  As far as remembering what everyone says, I sometimes have to go back and check and if I haven't been on the boards for a while, I have a note pad and I write things down.  It's not you! 

Fancy-Pantsy--Sorry to hear you had a reaction to your flu shot.  I do hear that it happens sometimes.  I have to admit I only started getting flu shots in the past few years since I work with the public and I'm exposed to so much!  I'll go for my annual physcial sometime next month and I'll get it then.