Esteemed Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For November!

happy Thanksgiving eve. DH surprised me and came home tonight instead of tomorrow. he said he thought I needed to be relieved of single Daisy duty so I could get some things done. the best part is that I was able to get a shower and wash my hair! yea!!  I also got the dressing made and the sweet potatoes boiled and I'll make the casserole in the morning. I'm so glad he's home.

every day is Thanksgiving to me. I am blessed beyond measure and I have so much to be grateful for.

among those blessings are all of you.

thank you all for being there and sharing little pieces of our lives with each other.

have a peaceful evening and a blessed and happy Thanksgiving y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  DS made it home early yesterday afternoon, then is was off to Washington, DC to dinner and to see Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella that's on tour.  DS got us complimentary tickets, which was really great.  I'm going to the gym this morning, then we off to our neighbor/friends for Thanksgiving dinner.  I hope that everyone has a Hapy Thanksgiving!

Mochahoney--I'm so glad that DH came home early and surprised you! I'm sure you were thrilled.  Have a wonderful day together!

Honored Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you ladies, I truly consider all of you a blessing!

Even with all of our ups and downs, we have so much to be thankful for.

Valued Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Among my blessings, I count each and every one of you!  Have a wonderful day. Wishing good health to you all.  Blessings! Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We got back a little bit ago. We had a great time. I hope everyone had a good day doing whatever made you happy. Sending special thoughts and prayers out to MARTIE and KAT.....❤️🙏

image.gif

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Well, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, was moving too slow, so I'll go this morning.  One thing I'm not doing today is going shopping, the crowds and traffic will be bad.  We had a really nice time with our neighbor/friends, it's so nice just to have to walk up the street.  Today, DH will start to get the Xmas decorations up from the basement.  I'll have to get everything done this weekend, as I just won't have time, next weekend I'm working, then going to NYC for a couple of days.  I decided to get a hotel when I go up to NYC.  It will be easier for me and I managed to get a good rate at a hotel in mid-town.  I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend with family and/or friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hayfield

So great that your DS made it home!

Did you eat with friends?  What did you take, was it desert?

I keep asking myself what has kept me so busy during this first year of retirement -- admitedly, DD's rather tumultuous pregnancy and the year following (since last year) has been filled with "interrupting" daily phone calls and texts from her.  If they were still living in Pitts... I wouldn't have heard from her at all (due to lots of friends there).  So, I am being thankful while I have her so fully "present" in my life every day.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Friday ...

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday, doing things that make your heart happy. I loved reading all your posts about your day ... they made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

I spent the day alone - I was fine- and one of my neighbors with a huge family brought me dinner, so the much-antiipated turkey meatloaf will be made today. I'm still moving very slowly ... I tend to forget that for all intents and purposes I've been "sick" since the middle of August when treatments started. Perspective. It's all about perspective.

Have decided to not decorate for the holidays, save a few little touches. I'll have a Christmas cactus that  friend brought last week that's already starting to bloom, and a pointesttia that I have already ordered. Honestly, that's enough. Shopping is almost done - what did I do before the internet - and packages are being shipped to my niece and sister.

Will do paintings for people who have been so good to me thru this.Oh, you don't know I paint? I don't tell people usually. Hard to explain how I do it. Here's one I did a bit ago as part of a class project.

Cindie S - Copy.JPG

Am off to get coffee. Have a great day.

Blessings - and thanks, Martie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hayfield, I only walked one time this week. With all the running around and busyness of getting ready for yesterday, it just didn't happen. I thought I'd go this morning, but I think I'm just staying in and resting up. Hopefully, I'll have more energy tomorrow. How nice your son brought tickets to Cinderella. I'm sure going together was a highlight of his visit. I plan on doing most of my shopping on the Internet. My sister is coming out next weekend and we'll go out and do some too. No going out today for sure...I'll start decorating this weekend.

@MariotaMurielle, I was so happy for you that your DH got home early. I hope the two of you, and the Princess, had a relaxing day. How is your weather?

FANCY, Bless your dear bf for always coming through. I think no matter if you're planning for a crowd or just a few, getting ready for a celebration and dinner is a lot of work. Having him help with shopping made it all easier for you, I'm sure. I hope your day was special with your daughter and future son in law. Are you having your usual Friday fun with your friends today?

Hi @snardy, Boy, do I remember those college days of doing the kids laundry. At least it sounds like getting it done was a "group" effort with your DH and DGD folding and putting things away. I helped my DD put her first meal together; we had a lot of fun. And, like your DS said, it was done with "love". Enjoy the rest of the time you have left with your dear family, my friend.😊

@LTT1, I just had to tell you, I've been using the breathing technique on your photo. I think anxiety is one of the reasons I have so much trouble falling asleep. Deep, slow breathing seems to really help.

Hmmm, I just noticed I'm no longer typing hold. I don't know why it changed on me. Oh well, I really need to get up and try and do a little around here. I'll try and check back here later to see what you all are up to.

~H~