Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~Please Join Us For November!

@MartieHugs

Thank you again!  This is wonderful to know, as froz can be used!  Nothing I love better than turkey sandwiches, made with "real" turkey!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@MartieHugs...I just read your post, checked the cupboard, and I have a can of cream of chicken soup, so am going to use that in the crockpot. Sounds great! Thanks!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Try breathing in and out with the diagram for decreasing anxiety:

breath in

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1...thanks for the breathing tip. I need all the help I can get.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're meeting our DS and family for Sushi in about an hour.  The skies are dark and cloudy, so I think we'll get the rain predicted. Hopefully, it won't start until we get back, but looking outside, it probably will.

@LTT1, I so agree with the Thanksgiving list. Most everyone I know, including me has been preparing in some way for days. Ha! The meal itself doesn't last that long, but then there's the cleanup! Hours! Oh well, we can't lose sight of the meaning, and the chance to see and get together with family and friends makes it all worthwhile. Yes, I do think our CINDY did post a recipe for crockpot turkey....I sure miss her😥

@Hayfield, Ha! we sure do have to keep an eye on our DH's!, especially when it comes to our wine, Lol! That was a pretty funny story. Luckily, there's always another one to open and share, right?  I've been seeing promos for the Julia Roberts movie on TV. I hadn't seen reviews, but I like her, so am anxious to hear how you liked it. I think it's so nice you have friends who enjoy going to movies as much as you do. Makes for a fun time! 

I need to go and put on something warmer to go out. Wishing everyone here a warm, relaxing rest of the evening. It's still early, so I may be back later this evening....

~H~
Respected Contributor

The moon is spectacular right now! Both cats are racing around like lunatics, so I probably won't get much sleep tonight. I have been up since 2:15 this morning. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

DH left to go back to deer camp early this morning  and will be back on Thursday. I've been trying to get some things done ahead of time for Thanksgiving, but didn't get much accomplished ( I have to sneak and do things when Daisy is sleeping). I intended to get the cornbread cooked and got everything out to do it, but it's all still sitting on the counter. I did get the chicken boiled for the dressing and the stock strained, so all of that is in the fridge for me to finish tomorrow. since it's just going to be DH and me I'm cooking a breast instead of a whole turkey. but I'll still make all the other usual stuff.  dressing, sweet potato casserole, cranberry relish, gravy. and hopefully I'll get a pumpkin pie made too.

catwhisperer, I did notice the moon tonight when I was outside with the Princess. it's beautiful. I hope the kitties settle down so you can rest.

Helen, what kind of sushi do you like. I have only ever tasted one kind that I think was called a California roll. it was a long time ago, but I think I remember avocado in it, but I don't remember what else. I know it didn't have any raw fish, 'cause this girl's not doing raw fish Smiley Happy.

here's a Biloxi sunset for you. blessings to each of you.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Our son just left. We came back here and had ice cream. @MariotaMurielle, I always order a baked crab roll. It's delicious. I will eat raw fish, though, on occasion.

The moon is beautiful tonight. I've posted this pic before, I think, but it seems perfect for tonight...

image.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Had a nice time with my friend, catching up on things but the movie "The Secret in Their Eyes" wasn't very good, so I would tell you to pass on it.  After the movie I went to DSW and got a new pair of boots, then to Bed, Bath & Beyond and got a blanket for the guest room bed, then to the grocery store, it was busy but not crazy.  I hope I got everything but at least I'm not hosting. 

Helen47--Eventhough I'm not hosting, I've spent days getting ready for Thanksgiving.  My main problem is that I don't clean as often as I should and I let it go to the last minute.  I'm going to the gym this morning and when I get back I'll clean the hall bath and dust a little more.  I really shouldn't have gone to the movie yesterday but I really enjoy my friend's company and I usually choose being with a friend over cleaning!

Lovestoteach--I'm so sorry about your friend and her DH.  Taking care of someone with a terminal illness has to be so difficult. 

Mochahoney--It sounds like you have everything under control for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner.  A nice romantic dinner for two!

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh