Respected Contributor

Re: 37 Actives - Paging Lyn in Michigan

Also not Lyn, but another Isomers user.  I'm trying to whittle down to just the all-in-one and super serums, plus the immortal and mesmereze and one other eye serum.  But this morning, when I was using the r-intensive, I thought I might have to expand that a little more!  But I'm going to be simplifying as I use things up.  

There, now that I've said that, maybe I'll check into NCN's matrixyl peptide.  Somebody stop me!

Valued Contributor

So we can't edit our posts any longer? I just read what I had posted earlier and looks like my key board had a mind of it's own, Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Nadine I think if you click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of your post, there is an option to edit it.
Valued Contributor

I tried clicking on the three dots but edit didn't come up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problem with a product with "37 ingredients" is percentages.  The formula has to equal 100%.  Many, most, "actives" have to be used at a minimum percentage to be effective.  For example, say you are looking to reduce age spots and brighten skin.  Niaminicide is good for this and great at 10%.  Then add some kojic acid or Vit C at their effective percentages and you're up to around 20-25%+/- of actives.  Okay, great, let's add some more, right?  No.  You still have to put them in a cream, serum, whatever.  To do that you need to make the system with water, emulsifier, probably a lipid (oil), and you'll want to have a humectant (glycerin, HA, sodium lactate, sodium PCA, etc).  You may want some slip or you may want to reduce a greasy skin feel.  All of those are going to be at least 70% of the formula.  That means these other "actives" are completely ineffective at the incredibly low percentages they are being added.  They are added for labeling and to say they are there.  In other words, marketing.  Then there are the ingredients that don't play well together. 

This is why Isomers and NCN "get it".  Well, I'm sure all do but aren't telling the full story.   They are up front about it.  To get the benefit you really do have to have some separate products.  I do have to mention, though, that I recently was aggravated with Isomers on this issue.  I inquired about the percentage of NeoDermyl in a new serum and they would not disclose that.  I sent it back.  I'm not paying $$ if I'm not sure I'm getting the proper amount to be effective.  I wasn't asking for their formula just the percentage of active they were touting.  

@skinwise, not Lyn but HTH

Regular Contributor

Seems like we are getting more for the money and better packaging from Isomers. But with a lot more bottles.

Honored Contributor

This is how to contact Lyn in Michigan: @Lyn08

I hope this is the person you want to contact.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

This is how to contact Lyn in Michigan: @Lyn08

I hope this is the person you want to contact.

Jazz, I haven't asked to contact Lyn in Michigan.

Honored Contributor

@skinwise wrote:

Below is a listing of the ingredients in "Dr Macrene's" (her first name) 37 Actives all in one cream. (Said to replace all serums, day cream, night cream, anti-oxidants etc.) Can be used as eye, face and neck cream. Says patented and first cream to retain integrity of actives in a jar for 6 months. As a fellow Isomers user, the number of bottles of serums and creams has once again become overwhelming. Do you have a personal opinion on this? I don't see many of the ingredients that Manuela swears by. What in here is supposed to "reverse aging and sun damage" as stated on the air. Anything special that is currently not in the Isomers line? Anyone else, feel free to chime in. Thank you.

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, TrimethylpropaneTricaprylate/Tricaprate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables,Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Resveratrol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, PalmitoylTetrapeptide-7, Ferulic Acid, Plankton and Blue Algae Extract, Micrococcus Lysate,Ergothioneine, Arabidopsis thaliana Extract, Bisabolol (Active component of Chamomile), Caffeine, Chrysanthemum parthenium (Feverfew) Extract*, Coffea arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hordeum distichon (Barley) Extract, Ilex paraguariensis (Yerba Mate Tea) Leaf Extract*, Phellodendron amurense (Bark) Extract, Santalum album (Sandalwood) Extract, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Tremella fuciformis Polysaccharide (Mushroom Extract), Glucosamine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, PCA, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Sodium PCA, Threonine, Valine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Hydrogenated Soy Lecithin, Squalane, Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose Stearoxy Ether, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate-20, Carbomer.

Hi @lyn in MI, I hope you are having a great holiday season!!! Smiley Happy

I came across this thread and it looked as though people wanted your input, but didn't know how to send you a notification. 

I hope you have a Happy New Year!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bella Carro, you hit it right on the nose -- lack of info on percentages of ingredients and the big risk of skin irritation from so many ingredients. When I see skincare claims like the ones for 37 Actives, I remember what my dermatologist said to me many years ago: "If a skincare product is really found, in double blind clinical studies, to do exactly what their marketing dept. claims it will do, the product will be news on CNN, not news at Sephora."  Truer words were never spoken!