Honored Contributor

Image may contain: dog

Honored Contributor

This pretty lady posing for the camera. | 41 Pictures For Anyone Who's Just Bummed Out:

Honored Contributor

Stunning splendor! Crimson Topaz Hummingbird! Topaza pella.:

Crimson Topaz Hummingbird!

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: cat

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Thanks Possumink:  I know Bobbi will appreciate your response and also that others have been asking about her.

I don't think she is planning on getting a new computer; now that she's gotten used to doing without one, it's not missed as much but I do agree, talking with others here as she loved to do could certainly help her.  Since a new computer is not always within a budget, that could be a problem.

When Bobbi says she is dying I take it seriiously, not realizing  COPD symptoms come and go  But then I'm, sure it's so bad at times, one would think they could be dying.  She had informed me she had a collapsed lung; that seemed pretty serious to me but actually I know nothing about how all this works. But I suppose I can definitely say that, things have become somewhat worse.

Bobbi does have someone helping with the housework; she has a 2 level home. Cleaning my small one level condo is about all I can manage these days.

Beautiful greetings; thanks so much Possumink!

Enjoy your weekend as well.

HiLo

Respected Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

Hello dear Snappy:

I really enjoyed that cute little picture from Possumink; she is so faithful.  Only wish more would take advantage of this post; I often see comments from others who could benefit so much from being here.  At least today there is help; nothing like when I was going through my time in the valley.   I keep a file of positive thoughts on death and illness that come in handy when dealing with others; also many books and pamplets to give away.

My neighbor, a widow also, counsels at a Grieving Center.  I thought about it as I'm not shy when talking to someone face to face but when I discovered nothing about spiritual things was to be mentioned realized this wasn't my call.  Used to visit at a nursing home about once a week but now in order to visit with a particular person, I need to make a commitment to be there every week and  just can't do that these days.  Some days are fine but others I'm not up to doing much at all.  No cane so far, but my daughter thinks I should carry one for safety; certainly not as steady on the old feet as I used to be. Two more good friends, my age, have had strokes, one in a nursing home now and the other's wife is taking care of him at home.  Being the oldest anywhere I go these days does seem strange. More and more this old world is losing its appeal.which I suppose is the way it's supposed to be.

I won't repeat here what I just wrote to Possum about Bobbisue.  Just can't tell what tomorrow will bring for her so I hesitate sharing much.anymore.

Just read your post about your Grandson's wedding.  I'm glad everything went well and that you enjoyed the ceremony, I like the idea of a reception in a place like you mentioned instead of in a fancy hall which costs a fortune but I guess when one has the money it isn't a problem.. A lot of preparation and time now for all to rest. You don't have to be a minister anymore to conduct a marriage ceremony?  I didn't know that but can't say I'm surprised.  Mike, Jonathan's (GS) Dad,, formerly a preacher, preformed his  wedding and it seemed so strange to have a relative do it; means a lot more as well.

Since  GSJonathan lives in Dallas I have not been able to see my 1 year old great grand son in person....only in pictures, he smiles all the time.  It will be so exciting for you and all the family as you live close by and will watch your little girl as she grows.  I was hoping for a  girl  this time too but no one has been disappointed with a precious little boy, only I won't be able to shop for those darling little dresses. that I used to buy for Lauren.  Couldn't afford much dress shopping when Donna was young, we were happy with hand me downs in those days and I'm still grateful.

Snappy, must run now; so much to do but I'm so slow at it these days.

My best,

HiLo

Honored Contributor

African Violet Saintpaulia Le Vereskovyi Sad ~  Plant New Variety | eBay LE - Vereskovyi Sad  Hybridized by: Elena Lebetskaya Large, wavy white flowers with pink ruffles on the edge of the petals. Variegated, green and white foliage, wavy. Standard:

Hi Snappy and Friends,   Not much going on here with me other than the usual laundry,  some grocery shopping, rather mundane chores.   

We had a 70% chance of rain on Thursday and got about 7 drops.  That was it.   Florida is now in some stages of drought.   I have been watering my son's patio plants.  His newest tomato plants have little tomatoes on them.  Some of the hot peppers are blooming and setting on fruit.  They have a sprinkler system in the front yard, but not yet in the back yard.  He's having some guys come and look,  tell him their ideas, and submit bids.  So far they're just at the beginning of this project.   Hope it's done by summer.  Of course that's the rainy, I hope, season.  

I take cranberry pills to offset any possible UTI's that might be trying to develop in my system.   They are awful to have.   I have been blessed over the years not to have had many, but those I had, I do remember and not with fondness.   I hope your's is gone by now.  I gave my oldest GD some bottles of the cranberry pills as she's had a severe UTI + kidney stones at age 17 - 18.   I don't know that she takes them, but they're there for her.  I can only drink so much Cranberry Juice, that's why I prefer the pills.

I hope you've recovered from the aches and maybe stiffness from the wedding.  Takes me longer to get past some of the aches I get especially in my right wrist, which is just a recent occurrence. 

Take good care, and have a safe and lovely weekend,  Everyone.  Heart