Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies....Happy Memorial Day Monday.  Let's give thanks for our vets who have fought to keep America free.  Thank you vets for your service.

It has been very hot here the past few days.  I had my AC on yesterday.  My son has not brought the grandkids to see me.  I* feel forgotten.

I bought a Lisa Rinna maxie skirt that I really love.  It runs big so go down a size.  I need a med.  It is    A253224....It is a striped panel long knit skirt.  Check it out if you want to.Have a good weekend and eat a hot dog with saurkrut on it.  I put mustard and saurkrut on mine.  Very American!!!

Respected Contributor

Hi Bobbi sue, sorry you feel forgotten. People get busy and then sometimes they don't think about how much a little visit from grandkids would mean.

Can you call the children and talk with them that way?

Or send them a funny card. He usually comes through for you when you really need him.

Sorry it's so hot, but I know it will be here also. Does it help your COPD?

It's about 80 here today. Our friend came to do our hair. She was kind enough to put on the hair color for me. First time I haven't done it myself. Was so much easier on me and I'm so happy it's done. Two weeks before GD's wedding. Hope the weather is like this since it's outside.

God bless all those who are serving in the armed forces to protect us and our freedoms. And may He comfort those who lost loved ones in all the wars, and the wounded warriors who battle injuries every day.

Hope you and everyone enjoys this weekend. Wish we had a flag pole, but we at least put out a flag banner.

snappy Heart

Super Contributor

I am having a quiet weekend which is fine with me.   4 of my little Great Granddaughters have been sick, going to the Dr., etc.   Croup, Ear infections, etc.

Bobbisue - I am so glad you are feeling better, it seems like only a couple weeks ago your son wanted you to go into a Nursing Home.  You have to stand up for yourself.  And, here you are shopping - good for you. 

I am sorry your son hasn't brought your Grandchildren to see you.  Do you keep toys there for them?  I always keep things here, plus DVD's to give them something to do.  Plus there are always oreos in the cookie jar and juice for them.  Last week we had a couple fun clothes shopping trips -  at least in my family it helps the parents out with the $$$.  If you do not get out to shop there is always on-line - Kohls and Penneys are always good choices.   Not trying to be pushy, but with 13 GGC I have lots of experience - ha.

Snappy - a couple weeks you mentioned not having a handicapped placard - I have one and it really does help. I find if I go early in the day the parking lots are much better - not nearly the traffic.

I still need to go the cemetary to place new floral arrangement, this time red, white and blue.  Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

Gingerbread Cottages at Oak Bluffs Campground - Yankee Magazine:

Honored Contributor

English cottage garden  <3:

Honored Contributor

The simple Beauty  Joy Fall shares~❥:

Honored Contributor

cat:

Honored Contributor

green eyes...:

Hi Snappy and Friends,  I finally got my hair cut today.  I hadn't had it cut since before I went home to Missouri in early April.  I like the way my hair stylist here in Florida cuts my hair,.  She takes the time to even the sides and does use a razor to cut it.  I wear it quite short with bangs, as it's naturally curly and has a "mind of it's own".   It's almost all silver now having started turning when i was in my early 30ies.  

Went shopping after the hair trim for a few bakery goodies.  Love Gooey Butter cake, a Saint Louis concoction from the 1930ies, and this wonderful bakery near here, Moreno Bakery, has a very good selection of Gooey Butter cakes, including the original, Blueberry and Cinnamon.  So good, so unneeded by me,  Also they have excellent Crumb Cake, which I find are hard to find, even at home.   They have an awesome variety of all kinds of baked goods, and even serve meals there now.  

I seeded and minced a whole lot of Caribbean Red Habanero Peppers today that my son picked from his plants this morning.  They are exceedingly hot, but really spice up many of the dishes he prepares for our suppers.   Sometimes he puts a bit of them in omelets for breakfast.  That'll really wake you up.   I wore latex gloves today that my hairdresser gave me to try.  I usually don't wear them but the oils from the peppers will linger on my hands for about 2 days no matter how much I wash them.   Usually that's when my eye will itch and I'll forget about the oil still on my hands and end up with a painful eye   I don't like to wear gloves or hats at all, even in Winter at home.  The gloves today worked fairly well but I had to cut the finger tips of the gloves off on the left index and thumb because the knife blade kept catching on them, so two of my fingers are kind of tingling now.

Have a lovely Sunday and be safe, 

Honored Contributor

Purple-throated Carib Hummingbird: West Indies. www.Facebook.com/aBirdsEyeViewForYou:

Purple-throated Carib Hummingbird: West Indies.