Honored Contributor

HI Snappy and Friends,   It's a bit chilly here and we are supposed to have some rain,  maybe thunderstorms here  tomorrow.   I don't mind thunder, but am so afraid of wind storms,  too many tornadoes and too close at times. 

I am glad you got some good rainfall,  Snappy,  I hope it comes often enough to help break that drought you all have been having.  I bet your plants are happy for the drink and for the bath.

I love to bird watch and spend too much time doing it,  I think,  We have feeders out here and attract a lot of birds.   I don't feed humming birds though as I am gone too often to keep the feeders filled and I don't want the ones that we do get now and then to become dependent on human feeding.  I plant flowers and shrubs for them to feed off of.    I also watch bird cameras on the computer.  I have a new one, based in Ontario, Canada, that is very active and I can see birds there that seldom, if ever, come down this far south.  I have seen only 1 Evening Grosebeak at my feeders in over 40 years of feeding.  Today,  watching that camera, I saw over 15 or so land on a tray feeder that had black oil sunflower seeds in it.   I also saw a Pine Grosebeak, which I've never seen in real life.  Beautiful birds.  

The bird above in this post is a Purple Crowned Fairy Wren, from Australia.  They have some of the most beautiful and interesting birds there.  

Below is a link to the feeder camera in Ontario if you'd like to see it for yourself.  It has sound, so you can hear the bird calls and see the action going on there. 

http://cams7.allaboutbirds.org/channel/38/Ontario_FeederWatch/

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies.  I hsave been having trouble with my password.  I wanted to wish you all peace and comfort.  I am very lonely.  My son stayed here last night and that was a God send.  He has been staying with his girl friend and I am alone.  Please pray for peace and comfort.  I wish more people would post.  Hello to all and Snappy and Possiummink.  You keep this site going.  Thank you.  Have a good day.

Honored Contributor

two beauties by Jessica Lipki on 500px:

Respected Contributor

Bobbisue, thank you for keeping at it until you got through to post. I saw your message on Hello. I miss you a lot when we don't hear from you. So sorry you are feeling lonely right now, and grateful your DS spent the night with you. I know he is a great blessing to you. We all pray the Lord will grant you peace and draw you very close to Himself. He has promised never to leave you or forsake you.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

possummink, I turned on the Q right when they were selling a set of two birds. I ordered them. I have several sitting around on tables, and 2 that are flameless candles. Don't know why I'm attracted to them. You posted a picture of a wren that is very colorful. When we fed the wild birds, we have a huge number or them here, but they were all brown. They used to sit in the bougainvilla and sing their hearts out. Like choir practice.

The Sun Bird is gorgeous also. Hope you get some rain. I don't mind thunder at all, but am scared of lightening. I think our new plants were very happy to get the rain. DD had fed them over the weekend, so that got watered in well.

I know people love watching the bird nests on their computers. I'll click on the link you kindly sent and see what happens.

It's 68 here today with full sun, so I'm sure it will be warming up. Loving it while we have the cool days. And nights. Good sleeping weather.

snappy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Bee Eaters,  (Africa)

Honored Contributor

Blue Bellied Roller,  (Africa)

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

I want a boxer!!! This beach boop between good friends. | 23 Boops That Will Give You Faith In This Cold, Dark World For 2015: