Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

Stunning timber frame mountain retreat in Aspen, Colorado:

Hi Snappy, Phluphy,  Silkeej, and all my Friends here.   It was a warm Autumn day here today and I spent a lot of time outside, watering, cleaning leaves out of my houseplants,  feeding the birds, filling birdbaths, etc.  It was nice just walking around the yard, looking at the trees that are changing and those that aren't to that point yet.  

Snappy,  We do have a big yard, 2 acres, though I'd like it to be about 3 or 4 thousand acres.  I'd love to live in the cabin/house pictured above.  I love the solitude and quietness of the country and woods, though I do enjoy the noise of nature.    It's such a more peaceful way of life, without all the traffic, noise, pollution etc.  If I was a couple of decades younger, I'd consider moving out to a more rural part of Missouri.   It's a beautiful state with all kinds of natural beauty and habitat.   Open farmland, woods, hills, valleys, woods, prairie( closer to Kansas City),  river lands, etc.   Where I grew up we had 783 acres, with creeks,  pastures, woods, plus all the things associated with farms;  barns, chicken coops, dairy, mule barn, grape arbor, orchards full of fruit trees, ponds, etc.  I loved it and never really wanted to leave it,  but as we all know,  things change in life.   My other house has 2 acres too and that's where my Chestnut trees are and there's a small creek at the bottom of the hill and on the other side of the creek, we let it go back to 'wild', , tall growth, and brush piles as cover for birds and wildlife.  Birds love brush piles and lots of species use them for home and safety.  Small animals do too, like bunnies, groundhogs, etc.  

Phluphy,  Glad you checked out about the buckeye and it's non-edible status.  I picked up a little one today to go in one of my handbags or pieces of luggage.  I have a dozen or so to mail down to my sister in Texas along with some apple butter I picked up for her from the church on the hill after they had their apple butter cooking last month. 

Have a lovely Wednesday,  Everyone.

Honored Contributor

Autumn in Missouri:

This is a picture of one of our trees,  Autumn Flame Maple, that is growing by our driveway.   It's beautiful, but it's a small maple and has been planted there for over 25 years.  It'll never get as big as the sugarbush maples up in the northeast.  I wish I could capture the true beauty of its colors now,   Below is another photo of it. 

One of my kitties, Monet, managed to get into the photo.  She was a feral kitty that I trapped,   had spayed, and then released her into our barn.  I did that for years, with many many cats.  I brought some inside but Monie never wanted to be inside.  She's about 13 or so years old, a tortoise shell color.  I can pet her now, but that's only been possible for the last year or so.  

Autumn Flame Maple:

Honored Contributor

:):

Honored Contributor

Mommy and baby:

Honored Contributor

awwww! Cute!:

Honored Contributor

Hello Luffy - Yummypets.com - #Cute #pet #cat #kitty #kitten #chat #chaton #animal #white #pure:

Honored Contributor

Forever the Perfect Autumn:

Honored Contributor

,,,:

Trusted Contributor

Possummink, you were up late.  Loving all the pictures too.  Especially the owl in the tree and squirrel in pumpkin, I got a laugh out of both..Love your tree and Kitty.  We had a large Hickory tree in our front yard.  Beautiful old tree.  I'll take the country anyday.  Our friends said we live in the boonies.  They couldn't think of living rural had to be near a mall/Macys.  I love the peace and tranquility of the country.  Less traffic too.  You make my day when I log on here to see your pictures.  Thank you so much.  I too would live in that cabin.  So serene.

Hi to all, have a wonderful Wednesday.  Going to make coffee and wake up...

Trusted Contributor

Hello