Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, your hubby is for sure a JEWEL, and you know it. I could live on pasta, or bread.

Thank you for all the kind words and for wishing the best for my GS and his WIFE.

They are home from their short honeymoon paid for by his brother!!! Isn't that sweet?

I asked DD this question last night, and I'll ask you today. Why are people suddenly using @ before the name of a person they are addressing? I mean on here. That's a new thing.

And I really don't get what hash tag is supposed to mean unless it's the title of a category of messages. You can see I'm not techy at all.

I wasn't here yesterday because DD#1 came to take me to the doc for my pap. That all went well, but he was late....something about a woman in labor....Smiley Wink so it started to rain before DD got started for home, but all is well.

So thankful I got that UTI on a doctor day. Thank the Lord! So I have the medication I know will zap it at least for now. I seem to coexist with this nasty bacteria and now and then we have to tell it to back off.

It's good to see you here. I can almost taste that spaghetti..

snappy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

NAES, loved reading about Sashay! She is certainly rightly named. Do you remember hearing, "you just sashay right over here this minute"? Well, she has that down pat.

They almost seem like they don't have bones and can fit into the smallest places, and clearly, out the tiniest crack in the door!

I don't do reunions. My high school class met for it's 50th right after 911, so people who were going to travel from other places, either couldn't or didn't. I saw the video of it and only recognized one couple.

And I don't dance. Never have.

I heard about London while getting dressed earlier today. So terrible. I watch as little news as is possilble without becoming one of those ill-informed people who complain.

I can pray for those who are sorrowing now and those who have been injured.

I have to fix dinner. As I think I told someone, I put a roast out of the freezer last night, and forgot about it until about an hour ago. Not enough time to cook it. Tomorrow.

So, it will be pasta. We have spinach linguini which we like with some olive oil and parmesan oregiano cheese. Takes almost no time to cook and is delicious.

Good to hear from you,

snappy Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@snappyfrappy

I thought I'd jump in here to try to answer your question! Smiley Happy

QVC has a "notification system" on this forum. If you click on @ after you hit "reply," a list of names will pop up. They are contributors to the thread you are about to participate in by replying.

When you reply, you can type the @, and then click on one or more of the people you would like to see your post. Each person will get a "Notification" (top right, next to your nic) that he or she has been mentioned in a thread. Cool, hunh?  You betcha! Smiley Happy  If you click on a specific notification, it will take you to that thread!

Do you see your notification that you have been mentioned by me on this thread/post?  Smiley Happy

The hashtag is the signal used to "tag" a subject or a term so one can find it (in a category) later. (I THINK this is accurate -- not sure.) I do know that people who "tweet" (use Twitter) can label something with a hashtag. For example, if I write a message about Flo, I can categorize it like this: #FloTheWildWoman, or #FloBlubberSandwiches.

Soooo happy the timing of your UTI was perfect!!! Ahhh ....

Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, well, I clicked on reply but didn't see any list of posters. I sort of get what you are saying about the hash tag. It's the sudden use of the @MsLomo. Ah ha! There you are, dear friend. I still don't know what difference it makes really. We have understood each other for years without this perk, but hey, we live and learn. Thank you.

Yes, when I sign in, I see how many notifications there are and click on that. For some reason, there were 21 today. Don't know why, but I checked them out. The usual "suspects"....LOL!

Ah...I just re-read your post and understand better about the @. Do they do tutorials when they make these changes?

I don't tweet, but love your hash tags about our friend FLO....too funny.

I got out to the store and bought a larger roast and onion and carrots and cilantro and zucchini and raisins (for me). The roast is cooking. It's starting to smell nice in here.

If I park close to the cart corral, so I don't have to walk far unaided, I can do a little shopping. It's beautiful here today.

The gardeners have put in a sprinkler system at Tom's house. They were all on when I left the house. Looks like it's almost finished.

Did you finish the traveling you had to do for your work?

Good to see you and tap into your brilliance!!

snappy Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

HeartTo @snappyfrappy~ 

I glance over to your question about the @ _symbol;

I definitely am not a guru on computers, that would be one of my least wanna be ( I suppose leaned behaviors in thinking about that all day...don't have the time, but can understand those that work with office machines, or as their employment work tasks. NO- NO- NOT, me.

I can tell you this much and Issy explained it as well as I. 

Up at the (R) top where your screen names is has a NOTIFICATIONS..tap that and you will (hopefully) see either where someone gave you a heart Heart, or MENTIONED your name. By clicking either ONE, that will tell you that they maybe want a reply, agree with you or want you to see what they said or posted...written or a poster message.

I never knew about PCs until 5 years ago, and when asked by qvc to come on for reviews, I was taken>>>>>to Community and had absolutely NO idea what this was. Actually =, that was of no concern due to how much time I had to even respond. I had to go back and re-train my 12th grade typing which I was fair in but nothing so gratifying as Biology, Latin, math, or hard science, especially English (which one would never know).

I have OFTEN.... ```often``` mentioned to my friends, here, family and certainly my husband -there is a boundary line that I will not cross, being a whatsoever professor to the machine, or its technology.

Just enough to be knowledgeable in sending the message. 

No huge importance to me; everyone has their outlets; this is not mine. 

As far as the #hashtag, that is the least of my interest.

[??????????????????????????????????YES,?]

Glory>>>>>> to everyone on here (what appears 24/7) when I find 'hello', but do have several good friend in other forums I share medical, condolences with when it deems necessary. 

Most of the chatty empty gotta know stuff is for

*( I suppose) the retired, can't get out or like to argue...I really do not know~ I view most of the posters maybe in their 30s-40s, some say they are 60 to 70+. I definitely zero in on the 50 group..........!

I visit Puddles' Cafe, Among Friends, sometimes a few brief encounters with friends in Pet Lovers and do a few beauty comments, i.e., an allergic reaction or why I cannot use talc, mica -that sort of information. 

I do know, MUST be a great outlet for emitting troublesome events or has much more time than I ever will. Wonderful for those whom are ill or bedridden, though.

That's about the ~END~ of my computer know how, but there are several that do assist me if I need a question answered in relation to PCs; those are my friends. Real friends who have a genuine talent and KNOW their craft. 

"back soon, after this reading all 'hello' updates. 

Look at my Post Numbers -almost 5 years -6 MONTHS, having only 2,000 +. I know MOST were word games 1 time - 1 word-a day for 1 year. 

That may explain how much I am ON"..............

NAES

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Snappy! Yes, you are a quick one ... you figured it out fast!  Smiley Happy You are right that we get along fine without having to signal each other that there's a message. We routinely check in as often as we can. That's why I rarely use it!

When you hit reply, you then type @

and the list pops up. I looked at my notifications just now and saw this: "snappyfrappy @mentioned you in Re: hello 7 hours ago"  Smiley Happy

I typically use the @

only with @NAES, not with the rest of the "hello" crew! Reason: NAES posts in different threads, and she may  get very busy and may not know that one of us asked about Sashay or one of her recipes, especially those featuring entire bulbs of garlic Woman Very Happy (that was to make @NAES1 smile!). So, she'll see a notification for her and know that it's time to check in and "phone home."

The traveling has slowed down, thank goodness! You have such a good memory!

Just wanted to pop in to talk about @snappyfrappy @NAES1@cute t@Issy379Smiley Happy    Edited to add that I probably should have put a couple of spaces between each of those!    

Hitting the sack now! Hope you are recovering from the wedding!  Heart           

Respected Contributor

Hi NAES, well I hope you see that I hearted you!! I'm almost 83, maybe the oldest person posting on the Q. I should start a "over 80 thread" and see.

I know enough about my computer and my phone to do what matters to me, but really don't care about tweeting and avoid face book like the plague.

I was a business major in my high school. For some reason the Lord gave me the ability to really excell in typing, shorthand, and other office skills. That was when we had manual typewriters. I saw no reason for a computer for years, but then I got a "mail station" that plugged right into my phone. I could send and receive emails, but not pictures, or attachments. It was okay. But when the netbooks came out, DD gave me one and I did enjoy it. By the time it wore out, I was ready for a computer.

I can't imagine being jazzed over math, hard science, or biology, but I know you are gifted in that area. We are all different and it takes people with all sorts of strong abilities to make society run.

It's such a beautiful day out here. Cool enough that I can wear comfy clothing.

It's good to see you...thanks for all your kind words and friendship.

snappy Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, thank you for your input. I just picked up another bit of understanding from this post. Truth be told, my eyes glaze over talking about machines, but I just wondered why all of a sudden these things are being used with no apparent reason.

So, there we are.

Glad your travelling has slowed down. More time at home to cook up a storm!

The pot roast was okay, but DD thought there was a lot of gristle in the meat. I didn't think so. I did freeze what was left over and may use it in hash or something else in the future.

DD#1 and her hubby are going to Europe next month for a tour with Rick Steve's organization. Mostly in Austria. After that, they will be going on their own to Switzerland where they have friends. I think she's looking forward to that part most of all. Those people have a chalet on the largest lake there and DD and hubs will get to spend several days there with them.

This is Friday, so DD#2 will bring home sammies from the Corner Bakery. YEAH.

See you soon,

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

I have a confession, Snappy. I love the gristle in meat, and I like the fat, especially if it's crispy (like on a baked roast pork). (Hey, no fat, no flavor!) If I get piece of fried chicken (not very often), I eat the crispy outside and give the meat to someone else to eat. So, I would have loved your pot roast last night!

Yum, Corner Bakery. Their bread is WONDERFUL. What is your favorite sandwich? Am I remembering correctly that it is a BLT with avocado? I've never had any sandwiches there, but I am up for it.

What a wonderful trip DD#1 and SIL have got planned! To be able to visit friends in a chalet on the lake in Switzerland -- oh, my ... they are lucky ducks!

I have visited both countries, and they were beautiful. Breathtaking. The only thing I found strange (I hope this isn't TMI) is the very hard TP -- like construction paper, lol.

I am a homebody. I like being home the best. I think back on trips, and in retrospect they were fun, but at the time I would have been A LOT more comfortable at home. If I go somewhere, I'm fine for about three days, and then THAT'S IT! I want to go home!

Snappy, Issy, NAES, and everyone else who posts and reads here -- and especially Cute t -- I think we'd better gear up for tomorrow. WE'D BETTER GET PLENTY OF REST. We are going out tomorrow to celebrate.

IT IS:

MARCH 25!!!    CUTE T'S BIRTHDAY!!!  Oh, YEAH!!

Heart

Trusted Contributor
Happy Birthday, Cute t (also known as Devia)! Hope your celebration involves cake!! Smiley Happy