Trusted Contributor

Hello friends.  Good morning to you all.  I am going to church tonight.  The kids are leaving today and I wanted to say goodby.  They are staying at my son's girlfriends house.  I hope they like me.  My son gave them two hundred dollors to shop for more school clothes.  I cannot compete with that and why should I?  I bought them nice things. They live in Pa. about a three hour drive from here. 

I can't wait to get to church tonight.  I feel myself drawing closing to the Lord.  I am sorry I could not make it this morning.  But,  I did not want to miss the kids.

Dear sweet Selah SP, sent me two articles and I was very happy to get them.  I love reading the articles.  We all need to repent and pray for a revival in
America.  The times are getting worse for America.  Repent.  The churches need to preach this often.  Most don't.

Have a nice day and God bless you all.

Respected Contributor

Selah, dear sister, I hope you and the others who are so troubled by the changes here are heard and things are fixed. Things are fine using my lap top, but it still feels like I'm isolated, not part of the community. It's not condusive to intimacy for sure. Now and then I order something from my Kindle Fire. Have to remember not to when Flex pay is involved or they automatically apply that. I don't use it. If I can't pay off something when I get my bill I don't order it. I keep Delphi in mind, although I have absolutely no idea how to find it let alone use it. I'd try rather than lose you dear friends. Am looking forward to Poldark tonight, and the Crimson Fields, if it's on. NASCAR comes on at 4 here. Hope Rowan is doing okay, and WaJa, Lurky, HiLo, Anu, agnesann and anyone I've forgotten. Take care of yourself.

cute, thank you for praying for rain here. It's in the 80s today which is a relief, but full sunshine. I know you had many years of enjoyment in the parade there with Maybelline. Happy they still have one. Yes, hearing little kids is fun, and we miss that too. I don't think any of our grands will have children, so that will be the end of our family lines. You just might be right about the Lord wanting you to stand up for those who can't help themselves. You know first hand what that's all about and have a passion to help them. God bless your efforts. It's so nice to see you here.

Bobbisue, are you concerned that the kids won't like you? I can't imagine that! You are so wonderful. Glad you stayed home so you could say goodbye to them and hope you are enjoying church. We don't have Sunday night services at all. I think there are small groups that meet in homes then and also during the week. I don't think there's much preaching on repentance or the need for revival, but there are lots of churches out there which I know nothing about. Thank you for stopping by today. Love you, dear friend.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Snappy, I had never heard of the Delphi forum, so I Googled that name just now and investigated. It looks like a big place, but easy to get around. If WaJa and your other friends from KS recommend it, I think you would like it, too. Since you have had your greatest comfort level in KS, maybe Delphi is another "KS" for you to enjoy -- without the constraints. They can let you know the name of the thread where they post.

It sounds to me that your DSIL has thought long and hard about the implant. It also sounds as if this is not a device that can easily go in and out, so I can understand why she might want to pass on it at this time. What a choice to have to make.

I have seen some device sold online (here or next door, not sure) that sends impulses to a painful spot on the body. I just found it -- T.E.N.S. by Tony Little -- I wonder if something like that would help her -- but I'm sure she's investigated just about everything under the sun. But, hey, if this can do for your DSIL what the Tony Little gazelle has done for Cute t -- sign me up, too! 

Thanks for letting us know about DSIL, Snappy. I hope her pain will ease up. I wish her the best.

Cute t, I wish the neighbors had consulted Mama Bunny before putting up that fence! Maybe they will come back once they figure out how to go around it. We can hope!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Bobbisue an Glad you had a wonderful time with the Children ! Yes i Hear YOU as My Hubby an I Cannot Keep up with the BUYING for the Grandchidren anymore.. as EVERYTHING is so EXPENSIVE !!!

Yes the CHURCHES our ALL under FIRE Anymore... GOD BLESS All Of US !!! well  i shall sign off for now an THANK - YOU BobbiSue for the CHAT HERE !

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy an THANKS for the chat !!  Yes i TOTALLY Agree as BOBBISue has nothing too Worry About as CHILDREN LOVE Us for WHO we our an NOT our Purses.. an What we can buy them ...

Snappy stay safe with All that HEAT !! it was in the 80's here today an SUNNY.. YES Still HOPING YOU get RAIN !! YES i missed not being in the PARADE but it was time ..Snappy i can Truly Understand why people do not want too have children !! as in this DAY an AGE.. i WORRY about my Children, as well as my GRANDCHILDREN , an GREAT GRANDCHILDREN !! what is there FUTURE..

LOVE LOVE ALL of them an HAPPY they our here , but yes i WORRY.. The Church has Changed, VALUES have Changed.. GOD BLESS The USA !!

well i shall sign off an get ready for bed !! YES i worry about our Youngest Daughter as Well as others like her !! it's not like it use too be .. out there..

THANK-YOU so much for the KIND WORDS.. GOOD NIGHT !!

Trusted Contributor

Hello MsLoMo , an thanks  for Stopping By an the Wonderful Chat !!! Yes i agree as they should of let the BUNNIES Know about that FENCE.. BUT Lucky an I did see th Bunny last Night when i took " LUCKY " for a WALK.. before bed time.. So i'm HAPPY they our still here just being Safe..

Well i shall sign off an get ready for bed..

GOOD  NIGHT !!! thanks or the kind words..

Respected Contributor

Hi Snappy and Bobbi:

Just watched Poldark and Crimson Field.  Both were good but I don't think the characters in the current version of Poldark are as good as in the original..  In the original, Ross (Robin Ellis) was a typical looking man's man who wore a pony tail which was the style in those days; not the messy hair of the current Ross.Not such a big deal but the original Demelza was a tiny sponky young lady who just ozzed personality and determination to help Ross in every situation. After having seen the original I can't help but compare characters.  I thought the current script was good however but couldn't understand all the characters.

The Crimson Field is the kind of film I like because of the history.  Got some idea of what actually went on in those dreadful  hospital camps and those who sacrificed so much to care for these poor distressed men.  Brought to memory what our vets are going through today, war is always he...and always will be.  The story line is good and featured at least one character who performed in Downton Abbey.  This one originally aired here in 2014.but I hadn't noticed it. Don't the British make the best films?

Snappy and I agree that Bobbi is doing so well in her commitment to Christ.  Also her grandchildren are the great loves in her life and I'm glad she is able to have them with her from time to time.  I could never compete with the other family as far as gifts were concerned but I came to realize that in the long run this didn't matter at all.  It was the love they would always remember and nobody does that better than Granny.  Mine have all reached the age where they have their own lives but I do so miss the old days and the joy those grandchildren brought to my life.  By the way, I will be a great grandma in Dec. thanks to my grandson who lives in Texas.

Snappy: there are no more Sunday evening services here either except at Calvary Chapel but too far for me to drive. They also have home groups and other church services during the week.  I do know a few churches here have the small groups but not as many as should.  I really enjoyed my experiences there in a small group setting (which they later discontinued). We had some intimate fellowship, the kind usually not possible in a big church ..  You are right about the current preaching, not much emphasis on revival anymore.  I did attend a so called revival a few years ago but nothing like the kind we used to know.  

How many years did you sit under Dr. McGee's teaching Snappy?  While listening to his radio tapes I realize how long it was after I was saved to catch up with what he originally taught.  He once said that most pastors understood about grace giving but had their reasons for not teaching Paul's teaching in Romans and certainly realized what he meant..  My deceased friend Bob used to call him, "that crusty old guy' but learned to love him as well., so down to earth, nothing fake about Dr. McGee and told it like it is..  It amazes me that his tapes are still being broadcast after all these years; such a loving following.  I do want to look into the "Through the Bible study guides".  Perhaps they could be used for neighborhood Bible study?  We do need something with more depth.  Another teacher I loved was Dr. Epp from Back to the Bible.  I knew little or nothing about the Bible in those  long ago times but did learn a lot from his plain, down to earth teaching, such a humble and Godly man.  I still have his last tape "I have finished the race".

Dr. Vance Havner used to remind me of Dr. McGee as far as his deep teaching and southern drawl were concerned.  Are you familiar with him?

Thinking of all you dear ladies, my old friends Selah and Joy and thanks for the kind regards from Cute and Izzy and all the other new friends here.

HiLo

@snappyfrappy wrote:

Selah, dear sister, I hope you and the others who are so troubled by the changes here are heard and things are fixed. Things are fine using my lap top, but it still feels like I'm isolated, not part of the community. It's not condusive to intimacy for sure. Now and then I order something from my Kindle Fire. Have to remember not to when Flex pay is involved or they automatically apply that. I don't use it. If I can't pay off something when I get my bill I don't order it. I keep Delphi in mind, although I have absolutely no idea how to find it let alone use it. I'd try rather than lose you dear friends. Am looking forward to Poldark tonight, and the Crimson Fields, if it's on. NASCAR comes on at 4 here. Hope Rowan is doing okay, and WaJa, Lurky, HiLo, Anu, agnesann and anyone I've forgotten. Take care of yourself.

cute, thank you for praying for rain here. It's in the 80s today which is a relief, but full sunshine. I know you had many years of enjoyment in the parade there with Maybelline. Happy they still have one. Yes, hearing little kids is fun, and we miss that too. I don't think any of our grands will have children, so that will be the end of our family lines. You just might be right about the Lord wanting you to stand up for those who can't help themselves. You know first hand what that's all about and have a passion to help them. God bless your efforts. It's so nice to see you here.

Bobbisue, are you concerned that the kids won't like you? I can't imagine that! You are so wonderful. Glad you stayed home so you could say goodbye to them and hope you are enjoying church. We don't have Sunday night services at all. I think there are small groups that meet in homes then and also during the week. I don't think there's much preaching on repentance or the need for revival, but there are lots of churches out there which I know nothing about. Thank you for stopping by today. Love you, dear friend.

snappy Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hello Snappy, cute t and Hilo.  I did go to church last night, but forgive me Lord for saying so, but it was not very interesting.  I am having a visit with my church friend tomorrow.  I can't wait.  She is a very nice lady.  The kids went home and my son dropped in last night.  He was very tired.  His girl friend went with him.

I have to go today and pay my property taxes.  I'll be glad to get that over with.  You all have a good day.

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies....Has anyone heard from Marcia?  I've been trying to get ahold of her via email.  I hope she is ok.

Respected Contributor

Hi MsLomo, I do appreciate you looking into Delphi. The KS women all post there, I think. Glad you think it's user friendly. Thanks also for the idea about T.E.N.S. Seems to me I've seen that over there. DDIL is working with the pain doctor. Once she decided to do that, she couldn't see the other doctors unless he ordered it. I don't know what she will decide but I think she sees him on Friday. It's a hard choice. She's working and I don't know how. Thank you for the well wishes for her. Me too.

cute, for sure I'm concerned for my grandkids. They are so ill informed about anythng that's going on in the country. My kids are very well grounded and sound in their faith and know what the Word says about the latter times and all that will come, but I doubt my grands give any of that a thought. You are so right that the churches that stand for the truth are under fire and it will only get worse. We may see real persecution. Some already are. It's easy to be kind to you, cute, you are such a precious person. Hope your day is happy.

HiLo, I didn't see the original Poldark or read the books, so this is all I know. The photography is beautiful. When Demelza was sitting in the meadow with the cornflowers around her, it was just stunning. Her hair is gorgeous. Crimson Field is more interesting to me in a different way. Congratulations on your soon to be GGchild! That's exciting.

I became aware of Dr. McGee through the radio before we went to COD (If I remember rightly). We started at the church in 1966. We were there for the am and pm services and Thursday night Bible study. I also listened to him daily all through the 70s and 80s, and have his commentaries. Don't know what's available that might work in a neighborhood study, but there is an office you could call. If you go to their web site, you can listen to him teaching and they will give you their address and how to get in touch with them. Yes, i used to listen to Theodore Epp and Van Havner is certainly familiar to me. Times have changed dramatically, HiLo, as we know. Not without the Lord's permission. Maranatha! It's so nice to see you here.

Bobbisue, glad you got to church. Sorry it wasn't more interesting, but that happens sometimes. Am sure you are of mixed feelings about the kids going home. Glad you got your property taxes paid. It's so nice to see you here today.

Hi to everyone.   snappy Woman Happy