Esteemed Contributor

Yahoo Email accounts have been hacked

I just heard it on the news.  I suggest anyone using it close it.  If you don't want to close it, change your password.  This isn't the first time Yahoo accounts have been hacked.  I closed mine awhile back.

When my husband passed, I went into his account and he had over 500 spam emails.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yahoo Email accounts have been hacked

That happened 2 yrs ago.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe@MalteseMomma

This is new info. There's a long thread from yesterday a.m. in Community Chat.

"Yahoo Data Breach-500 Million Users "

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Yahoo-Data-Breach-500-Million-Users/m-p/3148108#U3148108

Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz  Thank You , I had not seen that.   I hate Yahoo.  I had an account a few years ago and got millions of spam emails.  I closed it and opened another one and same thing happened after about 6 months.  I have a aol, google, and microsoft account.  Never had any issues with any of them. 

Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe You're welcome. Easy to miss a thread. The more people know the better imo, just wanted to mention the other conversation fyi. 👍

Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz  I appreciate that.  It is hard to sit here and read all the threads and know what has already been posted.   I personally have other things to do, if you know what I mean.  

Respected Contributor

They made me change it today to sign docusign papers.  Hate these bad people...

Honored Contributor

The whole world head it on the news and it isn't even recent news.  The hack happened a couple of years ago but for some reason, they regurgitate it every couple of months.  I had junk Yahoo account and I closed it back then.  Someone referred to spam.  That's not due to hacking, that's due to phishing and we all get spam evern with the spam filter, some gets through.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  No this is a recent hack.  Yes there was one a few years ago.  THis is a new one.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@chrystaltree  No this is a recent hack.  Yes there was one a few years ago.  THis is a new one.

Really?   I guess I got confused or was only have listening because the morning news said something about two years ago.  I closed out my Yahoo the first time around so I wasn't paying a lot of attention.  Thanks for the correction.