Honored Contributor

Wish We All Could Hold Hands!!!

When have you done something and thought of all the lovely people you've met here and how much fun it would be to be together?

Where would YOU take us?

Today I got to have lunch with a forum friend!  I would have loved to plan it again and get all of us (and John too of course!!!) together!

We ate lunch on a deck over this:  (Yes, they are all natural.  This river is several miles long).

Image result for the old rock river chimney rock nc

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish We All Could Hold Hands!!!

@ECBGthat looks like a beautiful place and a nice spot for lunch.What did you have?I would love to have lunch with everyone in Nashville...don't know why but just sounds fun.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@ECBGthat looks like a beautiful place and a nice spot for lunch.What did you have?I would love to have lunch with everyone in Nashville...don't know why but just sounds fun.

@dexI had pulled a pork barbcue sandwich (they have their own smokers), slaw, and baked potato potato salad which was very unusual.   The potato salad didn't have any hint of mustard but had a hint of sour cream.

Are you in Nasheville?

Honored Contributor

That's gorgeous, @ECBG!   It looks like the Asheville, NC, area where we used to live.   I love it there...  maybe I'd invite everyone to meet in that vicinity.   It also reminds me of a beautiful, wild stream we often visited just outside Gatlinburg, TN, and I think it would be fun to have a picnic there (and be a part of adding to the financial recovery after the devastating fires.)   Lovely thread!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

That's gorgeous, @ECBG!   It looks like the Asheville, NC, area where we used to live.   I love it there...  maybe I'd invite everyone to meet in that vicinity.   It also reminds me of a beautiful, wild stream we often visited just outside Gatlinburg, TN, and I think it would be fun to have a picnic there (and be a part of adding to the financial recovery after the devastating fires.)   Lovely thread!

@dooBdooWow!  You were here and we never met! Smiley Sad

I'll give you a little more of a hint and see if you can guess.  In the parking lot we could look up and see this...

Image result for chimney rock nc

Honored Contributor

Chimney Rock?   Has to be!   Breathtaking!   I love that part of the country and would move back in a heartbeat.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Chimney Rock?   Has to be!   Breathtaking!   I love that part of the country and would move back in a heartbeat.❤️

@dooBdooOH!  We could have all had lunch!!!!!

Honored Contributor

ECBG wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

Oh, well.   Maybe someday in the future, @ECBG.❤️   One of my dear friends goes there on occasion to work with the arts community (SHCG), and we keep talking about meeting for a weekend.    It's such a wonderful place.   I've been most blessed to live and work in some fabulous places.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Oh, well.   Maybe someday in the future, @ECBG.❤️   One of my dear friends goes there on occasion to work with the arts community (SHCG), and we keep talking about meeting for a weekend.    It's such a wonderful place.   I've been most blessed to live and work in some fabulous places.

@dooBdoo,How far away are you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ECBG wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

ECBG wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

@dooBdoo,How far away are you?

I'm in Tennessee, now.  Beautiful country, it is.❤️    I'm off for now, but great chatting with you, @ECBG!   It's nice to learn we have this in common!❤️