Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are some women so vicious to other women at work?

@makena wrote:

Yes.  Everyday and for years.  I think it's jealousy and insecurity.

Poor things, they come in looking like they're trying ssooooo hard! 😅

The insecure women get terribly angry with me because I could give a care less about their drama.

Forget management! Where I work, as long as others are battling among themselves, they're happy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I don't get it! Women should support other women, but some women are incredibly vicious, back-stabbing, and malicious to other women at work. I experinced this today and I'm having a really hard time shaking it off. (1) have others of you seen this in the workplace---and (2) what's your theory about why this happens?

@Goldengate8361, it's not just at work.  However, I do agree.  Women treat one another just as bad as men treat each other.  I find it disturbing because it seems we don't have the natural comradery we should have in a man's world.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I think women like that are really not happy with themselves or their own lives. They have to be ugly to and about other women because it makes them feel better. Sadly they aren't happy so they don't want anyone else to be. You have to really ask yourself when dealing with someone like that if they matter enough in your personal life to let them get under your skin and upset you. When I am around someone that does that kind of thing I in a very nice and pleasant way just look at them and say "Bless your heart I'm sorry for you."

Honored Contributor

If I have an option to work with men or a man, I always go that route.  We get things done quickly without a lot of chit chat and posturing.  Get in and get out, as they say.  

Now that I think about it, I actually have only 2 women friends at work.  The people I chit chat with are all men.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Why do women have to be vicious to other women not only at work but in life as well, even within famllies, I just do not understand it at all?

Women face enough challenges in life without having to be attacked by other women, is it jealousy, feeling threatened, or it is some women are just not happy if they cannot be, so make everyone else miserable, I will never understand it?

I don't understand it either, and never will. It started when I was BORN, continued through school, and in the workplace.

To be honest, I think that's just the way women are. All the hurt I have had in my life has been from women. They are vicious, evil, and hate your guts for just existing.  I was bullied mercilessly at work; unfortunately, I felt I had to put up with it because I was supporting my CHILDREN.

I don't trust women. I would NEVER tell any woman something deeply personal. Friendly chit-chat and so forth is as far as it goes. I have learned the hard way.........you are not alone......

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Golden, sorry this happened to you.  I understand how you must feel because it’s happened to me. It’s difficult to ignore because we spend so much time at our jobs. In my case, I think the woman was unhappy, which at times made her jealous, so she had to make my life miserable.  She was also very controlling and moody.  She would talk about me to other co-workers and even went to the boss about me. It was all unfounded but she did her best to try to ruin my career and reputation.  It was tough facing that each day.  She's not someone I missed when I retired.  

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 sometimes when people make others feel like less, they feel like more. They are the one with the problem not you.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

Why do women have to be vicious to other women not only at work but in life as well, even within famllies, I just do not understand it at all?

Women face enough challenges in life without having to be attacked by other women, is it jealousy, feeling threatened, or it is some women are just not happy if they cannot be, so make everyone else miserable, I will never understand it?

I don't understand it either, and never will. It started when I was BORN, continued through school, and in the workplace.

To be honest, I think that's just the way women are. All the hurt I have had in my life has been from women. They are vicious, evil, and hate your guts for just existing.  I was bullied mercilessly at work; unfortunately, I felt I had to put up with it because I was supporting my CHILDREN.

I don't trust women. I would NEVER tell any woman something deeply personal. Friendly chit-chat and so forth is as far as it goes. I have learned the hard way.........you are not alone......

My daughter was bullied in school and it has stayed with her to this day, it has changed who she is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I've observed in life it's those women that do not have a good self image and are unhappy with their lives.  Instead of doing something about their own lives, they try to make themselves feel better by tearing others down.  It never works though and is a jr high mentality that most outgrow!!  They can't take criticism and often perceive slights where there is none and go on the attack.  Just look at some of the nasty things posted on social media.  And some men do it to - look at the 1-10 hot body rating system and the men who can't take any criticism!!

I always say I would sooner be with a pack of wolves than a bunch of women!!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 Ha you are so right . women...the lethal ones in the workplace.Its not men making these horrible statements about us so the problem really is that when push comes to shove we are the bullies in the workplace.