Trusted Contributor

Re: Why I smile when doing housework..

Perfect, @Keeper of the koi! And you know we attract what we think about, right? Sounds like you will be enjoying more and more bliss...

Respected Contributor

@Keeper of the koi

Thank you so much!!! Like everyone else I needed those words of wisdom to give me some much needed inspiration. You are a Blessing! Thank you for reminding me to count mine! Have a Joyful and Blessed Day!

Starr

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Oh I knew you were special! I have been blessed but I don't smile when doing housework. I do when I am changing or putting something different or new up. 

Honored Contributor

Lovely sentiment but it doesn't change anything for me.  House cleaning is nothing more than a necessary evil.  I'm thankful that I only have to do some straightening up between my houskeeper's visits and we have a service come in every 4 months for a big cleaning. 

Respected Contributor

@Keeper of the koi,

thank you for your reminder to count my blessings, I remember when my dear mom no longer had the energy to keep up with household chores, became very depressed and withdrawn not long before she passed away. It had always been her trademark, how beautifully she kept her home. I think it broke her spirit when she had to have someone come in and clean. They never really did that good of a job, not nearly as well she did, she always enjoyed it and took great pleasure in keeping a lovely home. I miss her, and I will think of her with a smile when I go about cleaning today (:

Respected Contributor

You just sound like the sweetest person. Always enjoy your posts.

Honored Contributor

Yours is a good reminder to all of us to be grateful.

Honored Contributor

I've always enjoyed vacuuming my carpeting.  Very relaxing.  'Funny thing' is that I caught my dentist (years ago) vacuuming (I was early), and he said that he enjoys vacuuming; and that it's relaxing.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Keeper of the koi,

thank you for your reminder to count my blessings, I remember when my dear mom no longer had the energy to keep up with household chores, became very depressed and withdrawn not long before she passed away. It had always been her trademark, how beautifully she kept her home. I think it broke her spirit when she had to have someone come in and clean. They never really did that good of a job, not nearly as well she did, she always enjoyed it and took great pleasure in keeping a lovely home. I miss her, and I will think of her with a smile when I go about cleaning today (:

@Azcowgirl, Sending blessings your way. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne

Thank you (: