Respected Contributor

Re: Who says commercials don't have affect on us -- Honda did on me!!!

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar wrote:

I have to honestly say that buying a car (commercial or not) has never been an impulse buy for me.  It's usually out of necessity and takes careful consideration.  But if you can buy it under those circumstances, you're lucky.  Happy driving!  It's beautiful.

We don't need a commercial ! We will be out for a ride or running errands and one of us will say, "Why don't we stop by xyz dealership and look around?" At that minute I know we're coming home with a new car! The only surprise is what color will the new one be!  

Homedecor1: beautiful car! Enjoy it! My Mitsubishi lease just ran out and got new Ford Escape fully loaded! (My ds works for the dealership!) It's called "Metalic" but is really a sparkly charcoal color. Honk if you see me!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1  Congratulations on your purchase.  It's beautiful.  My husband and I have made impulse car purchases several times.  We went out to dinner one night and came home with a new car, lol.  I have found that those choices are usually better than the ones that we stress out over.

Actually, he had been thinking about it.  And, I had been thinking about it.  We needed extra room for the grandbabies and car seats.  I had even checked pricing that very same week.  While we were eating I mentioned that I thought it was something we should consider.

We had an idea of what we wanted.  And, it happened to be the 28th of February....last day of the month.  And, the dealership was staying open until midnight.  We got a terrific price, trade-in, and drove the new car home.  It has turned out to be my favorite car that we have ever owned.

May you have many years of driving enjoyment!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I do a lot of impulse buying but when it comes to cars.  But that's a beauty, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Congrats on the new car!

I wouldn't say we 'impulse' buy anything as expensive as a new car, but when it is time for a new one, we usually come home with one after the first trip out to look.

We tend to keep our cars a minimum of 10 years (often more), and are aware well in advance when the 'time has come' to get a new one. We don't spend a bunch of time researching brands, or deals. We head out, usually know in general what we DON'T want, and go from there. 

It has worked out fairly well for us, as we never have had a 'lemon' and they give us pretty good service for over a decade. 

My brother researches car purchases to death, and they have the same outcome that we do, good cars that last a long time. I guess we are just lucky!

Honored Contributor

Very cute and I LOVE the color!   Congrats and have fun!  A new car is always exciting.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Expensive purchases made on impulse are usually ill-advised.

Re: Your favorite commercial, observe the male singer in the foreground.  Is he not the young man who often appears with Flo on the Progressive Insurance commercials?

@Kachina624   You can say that again!!   I bought a candy-apple red car "on impulse".......it was standing out in the sun and beckoned me like a gleaming ruby.    I've had it 2 years, and I'm sick of the color.   di

I understand @Desertdi.  I've been driving a bright orange SUV since 2003.  I drive my cars until they just won't go anymore.  This SUV is 13 years old and just barely has 52,000 miles on it.  Why would I want a newer one?  I had a Honda Accord that was undependable and had transmission problems.  At least my SUV always starts and runs well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I skip through most commercials and have never, nor will ever be an impulse buyer. My mother made sure that was deeply ingrained in my brain many decades ago.

Hey! If you have the money to spare? Enjoy your new ride.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

oh geez, I've been on a real "impulse" buying spree! I bought a 2017 Honda Sport Accord...I'm blaming it on those darn Honda commercials where the young girl is looking at the car & the chorus starts singing!!!! Lol 😱

I certainly didn't need a new car (mine was 2014 with 21,000) BUT went in for my oil change and came home with it. My spouse is saying I'm having a mid-life moment, guess it's my belated bday gift! 

I took it it on its first road trip and it rides like a gem and love all the new features.

image.jpeg

Enjoy your new car.  I once drove by a dealership on my way to work and saw a new blue Honda CRV on the lot.  I called them up and asked if it was available for sale.  When they told me yes, I told them I would be there on my way home.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

In my marriage we do not buy anything over $100 without discussing it first so an impulse purchase of a car would not ever happen.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

If you would be so kind, what color is your car?