Honored Contributor

Who says commercials don't have affect on us -- Honda did on me!!!

oh geez, I've been on a real "impulse" buying spree! I bought a 2017 Honda Sport Accord...I'm blaming it on those darn Honda commercials where the young girl is looking at the car & the chorus starts singing!!!! Lol 😱

I certainly didn't need a new car (mine was 2014 with 21,000) BUT went in for my oil change and came home with it. My spouse is saying I'm having a mid-life moment, guess it's my belated bday gift! 

I took it it on its first road trip and it rides like a gem and love all the new features.

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Who says commercials don't have affect on us -- Honda did on me!!!

I have to honestly say that buying a car (commercial or not) has never been an impulse buy for me.  It's usually out of necessity and takes careful consideration.  But if you can buy it under those circumstances, you're lucky.  Happy driving!  It's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

It's nice looking.  I am an impulse car buyer.  Once I narrow it down to a brand/model and go test drive it, I come home with the car.  Never had any regrets.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Congratulations!  We love our Honda's. 

You have wonderful taste and such a beautiful color you chose. 

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar

FYI: The last time I did a impulse car buy was when I retired (from full time job) and the Escalade by Cadillac came out.

Decided I wanted to travel in luxury and went in and bought it.  It was practical at the time as I had a design/home decor & catering business which I turned into a f/t job & I spent a lot of time in the car.

I've never had a bad car buying experience (furniture yes!) I know my price & budget and honestly, I worked all the figures before I

went for my service appt. just in case I "fell in love".

i just thought it was funny because that commercial is on a lot!

Honored Contributor

Expensive purchases made on impulse are usually ill-advised.

Re: Your favorite commercial, observe the male singer in the foreground.  Is he not the young man who often appears with Flo on the Progressive Insurance commercials?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 and @GCR18

😊😊 I think as I'm approaching my "senior" years impulses are my new way of doing things. Wish furnishing my home (been working on this 6 months) was as easy -- at least I know Honda makes a great product. 

My son traded his civic 17 years old still running 250,000 miles later (bought new for high school grad gift).  Not one problem.

(I traded my Accord LX)

We love Honda cars.  Thank you for the good wishes!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

You're reading much to much into the "humor" I was sharing! 

I have no idea whose in the chorus or much more about other commercials-- except the ones that are on constantly when I turn on tv in the evening! 

Thank you though for your input.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 Beautiful car... Safe journeys!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Expensive purchases made on impulse are usually ill-advised.

Re: Your favorite commercial, observe the male singer in the foreground.  Is he not the young man who often appears with Flo on the Progressive Insurance commercials?

@Kachina624   You can say that again!!   I bought a candy-apple red car "on impulse".......it was standing out in the sun and beckoned me like a gleaming ruby.    I've had it 2 years, and I'm sick of the color.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥