Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Not saying you are wrong, but that is a little harsh.  I don't personally know any drug addicts, but I've known alcoholics and it is a struggle to overcome addiction.

Trusted Contributor

She was truly gifted with a voice that could move mountains.  Yes she was a drug addict, but still a sad story.  "I Will Always Love You"...brings tears to my eyes each and every time I hear it.  A beautiful voice silenced too soon.

Esteemed Contributor

The past couple of nights the REELZ channel has had various shows about Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi Kristina.  Very interesting, yet so sad that those around them didn't seem to do much to intervene.  

There was a clip of Bobbi Kris on the Houston family reality show shortly after Whitney's death. It was obvious she was intoxicated.  They should've put her in rehab.

I thought it was interesting how these shows kept referring to Whitney's relationship with her female friend from high school.  Some of them said if that relationship had been accepted, Whitney may still be alive today.  They also pointed out that Whitney was into drugs before she met Bobby.  The amounts they spent on drugs was jaw dropping.  Amazing how she went through her fortune.  

Whitney certainly was talented, but it's a shame to see how she wasted away.  There were so many warning signs.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Big whoop dee doo.  There are a lot of amazing singers in this world, some known and some unknown.  There's nothing special about beng able to sing.  She was lucky to be born into a professional family of singers and that gave her step up in the world.  She was fortunate in that she her talent was recognized and nutured and that the public loved her.  She had it all; talent, wealth, fame and she CHOSE to risk it for drugs.  It didn't just "happen" to her; she made that choice and she destroyed herself.  which would have been fine with me.  But unfortunately the true tragedy of her sorry life is that she destroyed her child.  With a mother like that, that little girl never had a chance at life.  That's the only tragedy in the Whitney Houston story. 

My, aren't you compassionate?

Honored Contributor

While everyone thought Bobby Brown was the one who got Whiteny on drugs that is false, it was Whitney's brother.  This is accordiing to the special that aired the other day on her anniversary. 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

While everyone thought Bobby Brown was the one who got Whiteny on drugs that is false, it was Whitney's brother.  This is accordiing to the special that aired the other day on her anniversary. 

No, it was Whitney who got herself on drugs and exposed her daughter to them.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky