Honored Contributor

@AuntG yes I agree about some of the deleted threads.I have posted on them and then gone back to check them out and for some reason ...gone.Some I can never figure out how they went off the rails.Maybe that is a sport for some posters.LOL.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@AuntG yes I agree about some of the deleted threads.I have posted on them and then gone back to check them out and for some reason ...gone.Some I can never figure out how they went off the rails.Maybe that is a sport for some posters.LOL.

@dex What I don't understand are the thread that just completely disappear, gone, poof. I don't understand the ones that don't say locked or closed for commenting but you can't reply. Give ua a reason mods.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

There ars very few  interesting topics anymore because everything get moved.  WHERE DO THE MODS MOVE THEM,,?

The boards used to have good deeper conversation.  I,m not on Facebook, Twitter old any of the other sites, but I may hav e to bite the bullet.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition The mods actually REmove the topics. I agree that we used to have a lot more to say here and we are very limited so to not offend someone.I was on Facebook once and I got hacked as they say so I just never went back on.I dnt know anything about twitter maybe you can explain.

Honored Contributor

It feels like we're on a downhill roller coaster, going back into the tunnel.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@qvcaddition The mods actually REmove the topics. I agree that we used to have a lot more to say here and we are very limited so to not offend someone.I was on Facebook once and I got hacked as they say so I just never went back on.I dnt know anything about twitter maybe you can explain.

Twitter? Check with your CIC, he is very proficient.

Esteemed Contributor
I haven,t done Twitter yet. You have to sign up, just type it in. It,s like #hash tag and you put in someone,s name that is on twitter. Like # so an so, I think. What is a CIC?
Esteemed Contributor

I was never on the old forums, but I will say this about myself.  I started here in March after my hubby passed.  I didn't even know they had forums.  

I am tired of the attackers.  Some make it their job to criticize everything you post, and I personally don't need the hassle.  It was fun when I first started, but every time a forum becomes fun , it is deleted.  It is a shame that the mods don't get rid of the trouble makers, because they drive the good posters away.  IMHO  There are so mant forums that are much more fun.  

I haven't even made a purchase this year yet. Yes there are a few good posters and I miss them, but when something becomes mean and ugly, who needs it? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is everyone

[ Edited ]

qvcaddiction wrote:

There ars very few  interesting topics anymore because everything get moved.  WHERE DO THE MODS MOVE THEM,,?

The boards used to have good deeper conversation.  I,m not on Facebook, Twitter old any of the other sites, but I may hav e to bite the bullet.

@qvcaddition, They actually do move posts and threads to another area of the website.    For that reason, if someone challenges a removal the moderators can actually go and look at the post/thread and see exactly what was written.    Nothing is deleted, it's all archived.   I can't remember what the message says, but sometimes when we try to reply to a post at the same time it's being removed we'll see a message in red telling us we don't have access to that area...  that's the forbidden land where the "moved" posts/threads kick the bucket and go to pasture.😜

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm adding this separately, because I keep getting error messages so I'll try again.    Regarding the topic, honestly I've seen similar complaints since I first came here in 2010.   There always were threads about the moderation, about missing posters, about personal attacks/bullying, and less-than-active sub-forums.    But it's likely the move to other social media -- especially Facebook and Instagram -- has caused some posters to leave or to post less.   The lack of an "ignore" feature causes more problems, too, in my opinion.   I didn't use it, but I now understand how much it helped out and I wish the Q would toss in the extra money to add that feature to the platform.    I agree that the moderation is uneven and really puzzling at times.    On some websites the chat forums are being more closely monitored or even being phased out (like the recent IMBD decision, for example).    So it might be that eventually this community will be closed down in favor of other options...  but again, this has been discussed often over the years and so far we're still here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova