Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Old Musicians You've Gone To See?

@dooBdoo wrote:

So sorry to go off-topic, @ECBG.   @kittymomNC, I saw your name and had to say "welcome back, my friend!"    I've missed you so much, and I asked about you several times.   I was worred about you.   What a joy to see you posting again.    I hope you're well, and look forward to seeing you on the forums more often.    Your voice is valuable, important, and you have been greatly missed.❤️

@dooBdoo,How lovely!  Thank you.  I often don't have much to contribute because since I quit working at Chicos because I couldn't get any hours (try 4 over a two week period) I didn't have much to say.  I have something coming up in a few months I hope.  Also, January is hard on me because of the anniversary of the loss of our nineteen year old son who was almost twenty.  I kind of chill during this month.  We did have a nice holiday and I hope yours was blessed. Thank you so very much for blessing my day!  I hope yours is magical!

Super Contributor

More than once I've seen:

Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi
Eagles
Pink Floyd
Heart
Fleetwood Mac
Kenny Loggins
Led Zeppelin

Super Contributor

The Temptations

Loving Spoonful

The Turtles

Elton John

Neil Diamond

Frankie Avalon

Paul Anka

The Letterman

Peter, Paul and Mary

Sammy Davis Jr.

Johnny Cash

Smother Brothers

****** and DeeDee

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

So sorry to go off-topic, @ECBG.         @kittymomNC, I saw your name and had to say "welcome back, my friend!"    I've missed you so much, and I asked about you several times.   I was worred about you.   What a joy to see you posting again.    I hope you're well, and look forward to seeing you on the forums more often.    Your voice is valuable, important, and you have been greatly missed.❤️

@ECBG, please pardon me as well to go off-topic, but I don't know where else to post this.

@dooBdoo, what a nice surprise to find that you're still posting!  I've missed some of my old "friends" and from checking in on the forums from time to time, it seems that many are no longer here.  You may remember I had a little cat with kidney disease, she fought it for 4 years, but I finally had to let her go, even though she was doing very well until just the last day or two.  We had developed a very special bond over 4 years of medicine, almost 500 trips to the vet, etc., and I waited 2 months before mentioning it on the forums.  As I expected, one person had to say something hateful, so I decided that was it... things had been getting more and more contentious and ugly, so I just quit.   I have looked in occasionally, and for some reason just decided to post today.  If you look on the Pet Lovers "Pictures of Just Cats - Original" (last page or two) you will find some of what I've been doing and pics of my newest feline babies.  I hope to start posting a little more, and see how it goes.  I've seen a few familiar names. I have so missed some of the great discussions we had, and always valued everything you posted.  Hope to "see" you again soon!

P.S.  Too bad, but it's already started to be the same old, same old.  Oh well... sad emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

How could I forget?  I went with my son and his friends to a Guns N' Roses concert (I might have been considered the "chaperone" or the "driver" LOL), but I actually enjoyed it- a lot! happy emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

B-52s

Prince

Luther Vandross

ELO

The Rolling Stones

Ambrosia

J Geils Bands

Men at Work

Adele

Barry White

Los Lobos

Contributor

Extremely fortunate to have seen Frank Sinatra four times; nothing like it before or since. Also Diana Ross twice, Chicago twice and  many once only, from the Four Tops in college to a few more.  Today I would dearly love to see Boz Scaggs and Gino Vannelli; luckily both are still touring and in great voice!  Fun to see the differences in musical tastes, isn't it?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and political

Super Contributor

The night I graduated from high school (1980), we piled in my Chevy Nova and drove 2 hours to see The Commodores and Earth Wind & Fire. It was awesome!! 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a fun discussion! I'm 58, grew up during the late 1960s and 1970s with the best music ever, and still love all my Aging Rock Dudes.

Most notably we've gone to see Black Sabbath every time they've visited here - also their Heaven and Hell incarnation with Dio instead of Ozzy. I'm hoping Tony Iommi has more years now to explore his post-Sabbath career and wish him good health after his bout with lymphoma and his recent cancer scare. Heart

Others include:

Roger Waters

Pink Floyd

Judas Priest

Eric Clapton

Jeff Beck

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band

Kiss

Aerosmith

Robert Plant

Iron Maiden (yay they're touring in 2017!!)

Rush

Megadeath

Metallica

Wasp

Queensryche - before the singer left Woman Sad

And the oldest but one of the best, Buddy Guy

Today I'm buying tickets for John Fogarty!

And if Deep Purple follow through on rumors they'll have a goodbye tour in 2017, I'll be there. Heart

Edited to add: How could I forget, I saw the Temptations and Four Tops a couple of years ago.