Honored Contributor

Well, there's no music forum, so here goes.

What music did you like to dance to as a kid? They just played Chuck Berry's "Johnny Be Good". Now there's just some music you can't just set through, ya gotta get up and dance.

The other thing, I wish we had a show on t.v. we could watch, that has the ballroom dancing on. I love and have to watch those shows when the rarity of it comes on. Haven't seen one on in ages. They use to have competition dancing on that I could catch now and then, but then we switched carriers. They didn't come on that much, but so far, I haven't seen that many yet. Anyone else?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Well, there's no music forum, so here goes.

We danced to Earth Wind and Fire, Sat nite Fever and the Bee Gee's, Michael Jackson.  Great memories! I can't bear to part with the LP's even thought I have the CD's and they're also on my IPod.  Nothing gets me going with my housework like turining on those tunes! 

(RIP Maurice, Thanks for all the great music and memories!)

Honored Contributor

I was in 6th Grade when Bill Haley popularized "Rock Around the Clock", and from then to the Beetles and beyond, my crowd and I danced through anything that had a beat.

I love to watch ballroom dancing too. They sometimes carry ballroom competitions on our local PBS carrier but I don't know how recently they were taped when they finally appear.

Good Topic!!

Respected Contributor

Our coed high school has had reunions every 5 years with great hits from the 60 & 70's.   At our 50 th a few years ago, I was able to dance the whole night away...even threw in a polka and a tarantella.

Well, had the stamina because of my Curves workouts but my sleep was disturbed with many leg and foot muscle cramps.  Paid for the dance workout...but would do it again as long as I can !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Love love to dance, fast ones. DH and I met when he asked me for a dance over 52 years ago. Don't get much chance these days, but when we do, I grab him and we're out on the dance floor. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've given up dancing.  My signature style is a variation of the Pony mixed with slam-dancing and swing.  It isn't pretty and I've blown out my knee too many times to continue this... interpretive style.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I've given up dancing.  My signature style is a variation of the Pony mixed with slam-dancing and swing.  It's isn't pretty and I've blown out my knee too many times to continue this... interpretive style.

@just bee, I love your answer!! LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I've given up dancing.  My signature style is a variation of the Pony mixed with slam-dancing and swing.  It's isn't pretty and I've blown out my knee too many times to continue this... interpretive style.

@just bee, I love your answer!! LOL

Thank you.  I just noticed the typo in it.  Must fix that...  But seriously, the last time I blew out my knee on the dance floor was in January 2002 and it hasn't grown back!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I've given up dancing.  My signature style is a variation of the Pony mixed with slam-dancing and swing.  It isn't pretty and I've blown out my knee too many times to continue this... interpretive style.

Gosh, @just bee, I'd forgotten about slam dancing!  Never did it as it arrived after my dancing days & it looked painful, but we all loved the pony. 🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Love the Oldies but Goodies.. from the 50s up into the 80's..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee