Honored Contributor

Re: Well, it's snowing again. SW MI light dusting but still snowing.

Now it's about 2:10 here and big flakes and blowing in from the West. Hubs said Mon is supposed to be 50 though. Roller coaster weather.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in central west Michigan, about 45 minutes from Lake Michigan. We've been really spoiled this last week and a half with warmer temps--all the snow was gone. This morning I woke up to a 1" blanket of snow on the ground. I thought that it wouldn't stick, as the ground had been warm, but our local meteorologist said it would as our temps are just in mid 20's. By Wednesday, it should be up to high 40's but I know winter has a long way to go for us Michiganders.

Honored Contributor

Lotta Michigan peeps here, lol.

Yea, nearly 70 degrees yesterday then the storms rolled in.  Today I was dodging snowflakes while running errands.  Barely flurries.  I like winter to feel like winter :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I always wanted to live in Michigan.

I think it was all of the great lakes they made us memorize in school. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

I always wanted to live in Michigan.

I think it was all of the great lakes they made us memorize in school. Smiley Happy

C'mon up! We'll fire up the snow machines!

Got those nasty thunderstorms last night, they really roll in off Lake Michigan.

Snow flurries today but the winds were so gusty it didn't stick.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, remember its only February. I found it funny that my kids live in the Detroit area and were basking in 70 degrees. At the same time it was in the 20's here, up north, and it was snowing to beat the band! Its like we live thousands of miles apart! Back to cold for now which I'm delighted with. I gotta get more use out of all my new duds I bought ie. big furry boots, 2 new warm jackets, gloves, etc. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

2" new snow overnight in PA.....but it's gonna be 60 again in a few days, so the shovel will not get used!!!!!

All the snow was gone, and the pond out back was completely ice-free. I had robins on my lawn a few weeks ago in a previous warm snap....>i could hardly beleive my eyes when I saw about 50 of them hopping around on the slope behind my home....

When it was 75 here a few days ago, I got work done outside, and was tempted to put my outdoor furniture out, but it's too early...we'll get another big dump in March, and maybe in April, but it won't stick around...

We're in the home stretch. Winter is over...our 15 day forecast doesn't have any brutal cold or snow, and that takes us to March 12 or so......

I like it. Remember a few years ago the "polar vortex" nonsense??? Weeks of brutal single digit cold.....frozen pipes, snow every day.....Blecccchhhhhhh.....

Respected Contributor

the wind and windchill, is keeping me inside, today. no lake effect snow, either. crazy people on the shore, in Holland.

Honored Contributor

I love the snow and we only had 7 in. at the beginning of the season.  it sounds like you get snow because you are close to the lake?  Send some of it to Chicago.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

After a month and a half in Oregon, I was happy to get home to my cold snow.   Cold rain is far worse.   LOL

snow

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*