Respected Contributor

no she has not texted back.it was at her home also.before I left for her house,she asked if I could pick up a bag of ice.i would never take money for that of course

Honored Contributor

Hope you weren't out a lot of money @Luvsmyfam .  I wouldn't be happy with her right now, but nothing you can do about it.  At least you'll know for future events.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

I’ve had that happen to me too.  I hate asking people for money even though they agreed to go in on the gift but I did and they eventually paid.  I don’t volunteer anymore to pick up a group gift. 

Respected Contributor

thing is,of course I see her at family functions,which if this turns into a hot mess,I will be uncomfortabe.every host there has a spouse.so if they blow money,they are taken care of.i am on my own for financial things

Respected Contributor

thank you for your response 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam I'd do exactly what you did. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  She should feel bad not you. I would text her daily to get your money back. I am very familiar with these kinds of people. It is an artform for some to get over on others.

Hope it works out for you. Don't be shy with her. It was agreed on that she should pay her share.

Esteemed Contributor

If the amount she was to reimburse you is less than $50 than I'd let it go if she does not respond. However , I'd never again agree to go in on a gift with her .

I've had this happen before with family , so I can appreciate your angst .

Contributor

The event was at her home, she made invatations, mailed them and paid for the postage.  I don't know how much the gift card was for, but I would let it go.  If she does not reply to your text, just forget about it.

Honored Contributor

You asked for her portion of the gift card, as you should have, if she chooses to ignore your request, let it go.

As you said, it's not worth feeling any animosity at future family events, but I wouldn't forget it either.....lesson learned.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.