Honored Contributor

Ugh, another all day garden show

It is 8 degrees at my house this morning...I have zero inerest in gardening ideas and from what I saw there seems to be very little new, same old items from previous years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ugh, another all day garden show

Wind chill -1 here this morning. I don't garden due to asthma and allergies so I won't be watching. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted elsewhere that today we have snow, wind gusts of up to 50 mph, and wind chills of up to 25 below zero. Further north they have far more snow and 50 below wind chills. I think QVC could have waited a little bit longer to have a gardening day. To be honest, though, I live in the woods where deer and critters eat everything we plant. I gave up on gardening long ago. After Memorial Day (the deadline where fear of frost is finally over) I buy four hanging baskets of impatiens to put on my porch, so QVC wouldn't be getting my attention on any gardening day.

Respected Contributor

And just wait, tada, Vitamix tomorrow. Viewers must be so sick of this line up. Thank goodness we have a huge selection of channels to choose from.

Honored Contributor

Just paid $,$$$ to have my trees trimmed.   And, THAT'S IT for the year.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It's in the 80's here.  Water restrictions, just trying to keep existing plants alive.   I don't mind the gardening shows.

Trusted Contributor

I am in upstate NY and it is Brrrrrrrr today. But I did go for my daily morning walk.   5 degrees now and supposed to go to minus 10 tonight.   I have many houseplants that satisfy my gardening bug thru the winter months.  I am looking forward to spring planting and love the garden shows.  I rarely make a purchase as the prices are too high. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is also below zero in Chicago.

The biggest issue with the garden shows is the overpricing and the failure of most of the plants to grow.

The exotics they bring are fun but what the point if they don't work.

There are so many garden shops in the area that are priced much better and the plants have size so there is gratification for the purchase.

Respected Contributor

@wilma

Is that your dog?  What a cutie!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

I so agree with you. I don't enjoy them at all, and it seems silly with the weather we're having here in NJ.  I also think its their marketing strategy appealing to people who are looking forward to warmer days & also trying to capitalize on people getting tax refunds & maybe having some extra cash.