Honored Contributor

Re: Two Times Today I've Been Asked to Talk On Air - Would You?

Omg, I haven't acually called in to place an order for more years than I can count.  I think I forgot we could do that...lol   But way way way back when I did place orders by phone; I spoke on HSN twice and QVC once or maybe twice.  To be honest, even then I didn't think it was such a big deal.  I probably sounded like a dork because I remember I had to hang on hold for a long time until the host got to me and by the time I got to talk, I probably blabbered some nonsense...lol    Today, I'd probably just say thanks but no thanks.  Not worth the effort.

Respected Contributor

I spoke with Jill in the early 90's about the TSV at Midnight.  I only did because they were still playing games and giving prizes in those days.  I was asked a few times more, but didn't have the time to wait around for the host to talk to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Many many years ago I spoke with David Venable during a Christopher Radko show!

Honored Contributor

I did once on HSN because I wanted to say hi to Victoria Wieck and tell her how much I appreciated the ring I had bought.

That was a great experience. she was so warm and gracious.I did hold for a long time and felt nervous but then felt like I was just speaking with her.

All the other times I've been asked I said no-too nervewracking and now like so many others, I can order online (which is so much less now then when I first discovered QVC). 

I also got to meet David Venable and his mom when they came to our Barnes and Noble. He was wonderful and made everyone feel very special and cared about. I got his cookbook for a friend's birthday and he signed them all.

Then I got to meet Paula Dean's son when he came to a Barnes and Noble-that was exciting too! But not as personable as with David.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I order everything automatically too.  However, lately I've been sending things to my daughters in Florida and Denver so I need to order by person.  That's when I've been asked.

Once it was when Rick was on and another time when Sandra was on.  I don't care for Rick and with Sandra I wasn't in the mood (late at night).

I would talk to Dan but said no anyway.  I was just curious if others would do it.  I'd do it with Leah, especially on Saturday morning but have never been asked.

I'd slip in quickly, "Shout out to my QVC buddies, this is Annabelle".  One day I'll say yes.  I send my daughters a lot of stuff.....whether they want it or not....Ha!

@Annabellethecat66  FYI, you can order items online and send to your daughters you don't necessarily need to speak to someone.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 I don't want to take any chances on having it go to the wrong daughter, etc.

Maybe a few months ago, I was checking on line something (forget what) and I noticed a lot of clothes (QVC) I'd ordered were going to be going to my daughter in Florida (they were supposed to be going to me).

She lived in a gated community and at the guard place they hold the packages for her.  As soon as I saw they were going to her I called and told her to be sure to send them all back.  She sent them back to QVC.

It turned out someone had changed where they were to go to (ME) and had them all sent to her.  She's a lot skinnier and younger than me.  It was a lot of stuff.

After that I made up my mind that I was going to MAKE SURE that it went to the right person.

Honored Contributor

if it was during ITKWD and during Ina's presentation I would go for it!  Love her & him -I forgot about her being on today w new cookbook so I missed the show (for her only). I like her way of cooking - easy-quick-& always turns out delicious for me!

6 months ago or so I was asked at the end of my call - can't remember but I said "no thank you"!

Esteemed Contributor

I talked on air many times on HSN years ago.  I figured out if you were the first caller you got to talk , so I had redial on my phone and got on a lot.  That is when they had tootie.  Talked to Steve a few times.  I think he passed from brain cancer.   I was never asked on QVC and now I order online.  I would talk to any host if asked.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

if it was during ITKWD and during Ina's presentation I would go for it!  Love her & him -I forgot about her being on today w new cookbook so I missed the show (for her only). I like her way of cooking - easy-quick-& always turns out delicious for me!

6 months ago or so I was asked at the end of my call - can't remember but I said "no thank you"!

I lover her recipes as well! Everything I've tried has come out so delicious and the recipes are quite simple!

Honored Contributor

I was asked once or twice, way back before I ordered online, but I never did it.

BTW, Annabelle - you can order 'bill to ship to' online, also.   You don't need to call them to do that.   Smiley Happy